September 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 3/30: Diaper Bags

This weeks product spotlight is all about diaper bags!! Feel free to use the prompts or just type away! Links/photos welcome.
I snagged a schedule that's been used I think by a few BMBs now, but if you guys want to add/change anything let me know!!

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to look back and reference!

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fCSvGqefiQ7m-cqNEBzPuaIqF7BL2ost0Ta2sMjC-8w/edit?usp=sharing

For S+TMs (or FTMs that already have said item): 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite diaper bags:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Any special features? (comfort, space, convenience, etc)
  • Is there a diaper bag you don’t have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a diaper bag you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • What were your favorite or must have accessories?
  • How easy is it to clean?
  • Additional thoughts on diaper bags?:

For FTMs:

diaper bag(s) you’re currently interested in:

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

(template taken from August 2020)

Re: Product Spotlight 3/30: Diaper Bags

• Options
    I love backpacks, my regular everyday bag is a mini backpack. I would love to have a diaper bag that I can also use as my bag when I go out with the baby. I really don't keep much in my bag now, just my cards and keys usually. I don't even use a wallet. 
    So if anyone uses a backpack style bag I would love to hear about it! I can't remember the last time I used a shoulder bag and I really don't like the weight not being evenly distributed especially when I'll also be carrying the carseat.
  • Options
    @greyl I had this one for the twins and I loved it (although sometimes I had to bring a second bag if we were going to be out of the house for long periods of time).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCWVQN1?colid=2SJQIF3YQWYF3&coliid=IV2V8E7ZS9JJA&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @linz36 That's cute! I love that grey color.
  • Options
    I highly recommend a backpack diaper bag. We got a messenger style bag because my husband wanted one. For some reason he prefers that.  We have the skip hop duo. It’s a great diaper bag and we will use it again but I still say get the backpack because it’s easier to manage. The messenger bag is Always slipping off my shoulder and it drives me nuts. 

• Options
    I have a Columbia brand backpack diaper bag that I really like. I know my husband would love a tactical diaper bag lol but I carry it most so we won’t be upgrading. 
  • Options
    I started out with just about every style and size of diaper bag including one of the dude ones for H. Pre-baby me wanted to be fashionable and functional. Post baby me realized the use of both my arms and not switching between diaper bags was paramount and that my general style had taken a significant turn toward casual out of necessity. So we ended up with the backpacks below and love them both. Once both boys were older and only needed some back up clothes I began using DS1’s preschool bag for longer family outings. It has a loop to strap to a stroller but doesn’t look babyish and is far less giant than what was needed for the early years in a true diaper bag.

Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hated my giant shoulder diaper bag. I sold it at a yard sale and will buy a backpack style this time. I just don’t know which one! I hope to see lots of backpack options here ! 
  • Options
    I got one of those diaper bags that turns into a bassinet, which I have to say was actually reallllly helpful when I was traveling (I took DS to Florida to visit my folks when he was 6 months) but beyond that way way too big and clunky, and the pockets were way too small. I ended up inheriting a smaller messenger style bag from my best friend, and it works okay, but it's kind of bleh. I definitely would like to upgrade to a backpack style bag.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I have one like this only mine came with the things to attach it to the stroller (definitely a must have) I love it! It holds a ton and that zipper that opens the back means you can fill it pretty full and still get to everything without having to take everything out. 
  • Options
    itsmehere1212itsmehere1212 member
    edited March 2020
    I have a Vera Bradley backpack diaper bag. It’s just a quilted neutral grey. I’m no way a designer person, but wanted something stylish since it’s my most used accessory. I wanted something that would hold up and fit a lot of junk. I’ve used it with one and two kids. I’ve tried other bags and I always go back to it.

eta: Now as I’m trying to find a link it appears they changed the style and the current diaper backpack would not work for me. boo
  • Options
    raesky1111raesky1111 member
    edited March 2020

I'm looking at the Bag Nation diaper backpack. It comes with 14 pockets (not quite seventeen like a few others I've seen on here), a changing pad and a sundry bag and can easily strap onto the stroller. At just over 4,000 reviews, it holds almost a perfect five star rating on Amazon and is completely gender neutral to boot.
    Of course, like all things of mine, the pretty object has a pretty price tag 😅 Those reviews made up my mind for me though, you can't go wrong with four thousand five star ratings!
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0127OZX7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_q8UGEbAWCR3R4
    (Edited to add link)
  • Options
    Definitely get a backpack type.  Doesn’t even need to be “baby” backpack.  
  • Options
    We got a black backpack type that both DH and I could easily wear with anything. Nothing fancy just functional. I did not want to have to swap things out and potentially forget something important
  • Options
    We used a jujube bff last time.  I really liked it.  My biggest fear with a "backpack" was having to dig to the bottom for stuff but that wasn't the case at least not with this bag.  It's easy to wipe down which is a huge plus for me.  We'll likely just use it again this time around.
  • Options
    @pai314 That is the only downside to most backpack ones but mine has a zipper in the back so you can easily access the bottom and I love it!

• Options
    @beaandthebabes oh that's a neat feature!  The way the BFF unzipped/was set up it was pretty easy to access everything which was nice. I would hate having to dig through!