Trouble TTC

TTTC Check In 3-23

Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. Please let me know if you'd like to update your Dx & Rx! 

QOTW: How has COVID19 impacted you? Tell us about it! 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
B_1029:  Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI

To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF, gluten free & dairy free diet

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@amgpg25 -Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

@abarr723 —DX: PCOS, Rx Femara & IUI

@zimmie0818 Dx polyps, Rx IUI

@Amartuso Dx TBD 

@nina205 RX PCOS and low morphology (hubby) Dx Fermara & Trigger

Re: TTTC Check In 3-23

• Hi All,

Sorry I was so absent last week. I through myself into work because I just couldn't handle my devastation from finding out we got 0 healthy embryos after our initial IVF numbers looked so good. Infertility always sucks, but some set backs are a lot harder than others. This is the hardest I've cried in a really long time.  We were supposed to jump in and do a 2nd ER cycle now, but I had inflammation and cysts left over from the last ER, so currently scheduled for mid-April. I'm hoping COVID19 shut downs won't impact it, but also not getting my heart set on April. 

QOTW: So I just started my second week of "working from home" which is very challenging as a teacher.  This morning I had a google meet session with my students and we were totally distracted by my dogs squeaking their toys, one kid's cat that kept appearing on the screen, and a little sister  (4 years old) who really wanted to participate in our middle school lesson.  Living in CA we are on a "stay at home" statewide, so I am supposed to go back to work next week but feeling less and less like that is going to happen. We shall see.  
  • @2dogsmom I have been thinking about you. I am so sorry to hear and I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Just know we are here for you! Happy to provide any comedic relief you might need. 

AF showed up for me yesterday. My clinic has stopped all treatments so we will be trying naturally this cycle. My doctor called this morning and said that because my response to Letrozole has been poor for two out of my three cycles and DH's morphology has not improved they was us to consider going straight to IVF. I have an appointment to go in and see her next week to discuss. DH gets to skype in because they wont let anyone besides patients into the clinic. Just trying to digest everything at the moment, but happy to have an action plan going forward. 

QOTW: Working in the food and beverage industry has resulted in some crazy weeks! Lots of our brands being impacted as they sell into grocery, Costco, etc. My main focus has been understanding impact and supporting supply chains. Little bit of a mess right now, but doing our best to ensure there is product on the shelves. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @2dogsmom IF has had me in the hardest tears as well. Take the time you need to move on from this first retrieval. I know I took a good month to truly be over our failed transfer. Is your protocol changing? Do you have the information on what was abnormal about your embryos? I would hate for you to repeat the same process again to end up with the same results.

@nina205 we can be natural cycle buddies! Did your doctor have you on Clomid at all? I know for some that don't respond well on letrozole can try Clomid and have a better response. At the same time I'd be like yes, definitely just move forward with IVF if his morphology still isn't good. I know they say that's not really a definite issue but come on...

So far switching this cycle to a natural cycle.... no sign of O. I mean the day I stopped the Lupron I considered CD1 anyway so I'm sure I'll be waiting over a week, maybe 2. Whatever lol. We're probably going to try on our own for 4-6 months and then call the clinic back up to try FET #2. Hoping we don't need to do that and the diet is all we needed to do. Well, and have DH take a multivitamin to help out his swimmers. His count never increased, but they did seem to be more robust after 3 months of vitamins so hoping the combo is the ticket!

QOTW: Working from home was a little bit of an adjustment, but it hasn't been bad since they provided all of us with 1 monitor and I have the laptop screen so it's not too different from what I had at my desk. I get up 45 minutes later than I used to. Also seeing DH at all hours of the day has been really nice. Besides that though... things haven't changed too much with work, just in a different setting and using Skype meetings instead of having things in person.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks guys!

@nina205 I can imagine anything related to grocery is crazy right now. I cannot believe the panic some people are doing in shopping, which then in turn causes other people to buy more than they need.  I need eggs...I only bought a dozen two weeks ago because I'm not into this "buy a 6 month supply" mentality, but now I cannot find them in any stores! It's super annoying. 

@inthewoods23 would you share the vitamins your DH used?  My doctor doesn't want to change my protocol -- he says I had a good response and we just got unlucky with the abnormal embryos, but I don't feel that way. So I asked about vitamins etc., he said nothing is scientifically proven to help with IVF.  Personally I'm of the mindset that if it doesn't hurt we should try it! So doing some research into adding vitamins/supplements because I know a lot of people in IVF support groups swear that's what made a difference for them. 
  • @2dogsmom DH is on the Smartypants gummies for men. I wish there was a sperm wash report for the ICSI so I could know how much better his sperm looked now that he had been on a multivitamin semi-regularly through the egg retrieval date. Our last IUI was in February 2019 and the ER was June. I've also heard good things about CoQ10 for sperm. I think it helps motility and possibly morphology. There's a small amount of CoQ10 in the Smartypants multivitamin which I like. I might see about having him add a separate pill of CoQ10. One article I read says 200mg of CoQ10. The gummy only has 60mg so maybe I can bump it up a little bit for him.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks @inthewoods23 -- we have actually been on CoQ10 the last  6 months. We used Mary Ruth's Gummies (because I hate swallowing pills), so if you decide to add them on and want gummies you might check them out. I think they taste pretty good for gummies.