1st Trimester

Did anyone get a "period" while pregnant?

So, I know it's rare to bleed during pregnancy and it's all honky dorey but, I'm wondering if anyone had this happen. 

I got a period Feb 11th.

I hit the fertile window like it was my job. 

On March 8th shortly before my period was due I bled. 

I bled one day. It was light-moderate and contained no clots. 

I assumed I was out and proceeded to wait for ovulation...which hasn't happened. My cervical mucus is lotion like, not clear and stretchy. 

After a blow out with my partner over an EMOJI. Yes. An emoji and sleeping next to a crash can nauseated, I began to wonder. 

I took a pregnancy test. It is positive. 

If I go by LMP I am only 5 weeks 4 days along. 

But I bled a day March 8th. 

Could that have just been the elusive early pregnancy bleeding I've read about but, never experienced?

Anyone else bleed early and mistake it for a period? 

Thanks in advance and congratulations to everyone 💜

Re: Did anyone get a "period" while pregnant?

• It's possible that what you experienced on March 8th was implantation bleeding, which can occur anywhere between 6DPO-12DPO. Depending on when you ovulated (you didn't mention it), then it would make sense that this would occur around that timeframe.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Yes, I had bleeding (I thought it was my period) around when my period was due. Found out a week later I was just over 5 weeks pregnant and everything is going well.
  • Loading the player...
  • dannibambidannibambi Just Joined
    That sounds like implantation bleeding, because it was around 5-6 weeks which is normal. You can also have a period around your 8 week mark like I did which is also normal. I bled for 4 days, had cramps and back pain like a normal period but I thought it was a miscarriage. On the 5th day I stopped bleeding but I also had my first ultrasound (9 week US) and the baby was healthy with no problems. The cervix can bleed with irritation after sex, from the uterine wall stretching, etc. Unfortunately bleeding during first trimester is common and can be very normal. 
  • About 50% of women have some form of bleeding while pregnant, it is by no means rare.  I also think implantation bleeding is pretty common.
  • edited April 2020
    I also know of a couple ladies who had a breakthrough bleed they thought was AF, assumed they were not pregnant, but then eventually found out that they were, and were a month farther along than they thought, because that first AF was not a true period.  I hope it works out well for you!  Which emoji was it???