September 2020 Moms
Options

Preeclampsia

Has anyone been diagnosed with PreE before? I have with my prior two pregnancies. With both I only had mild symptoms. I delivered my first at 39 weeks for PreE and my second at 37 weeks. All of us did fine during delivery.

My doctor recently started me on a low dose of aspirin daily starting at 12 weeks to hopefully minimize some of the symptoms/complications. Figured it would be a good idea to start a discussion around this so we have a bit of a community around it.

Re: Preeclampsia

• Options
    I'm surprised no one in this group has had it before!
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension around 34 weeks. I had to take my BP Daily and do a bunch of urine tests. I had to go to triage once and then was sent home since my BP leveled out. They took me out of work for the rest of that week and induced me that following Monday at 39 weeks. 

I just started on the low dose aspirin last week at 14 weeks to hopefully prevent that from happening again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't started seeing my OB yet (typical practice in Ontario is to continue to see your GP until 20 weeks) but when I saw my doctor on Monday he mentioned that I had additional protein in my urine that could be a sign of preeclampsia. I didn't have this with my first and he didn't seem overly concerned as I am healthy and have normal blood pressure. Because of Covid he said there was only 1 lab doing urine analysis in the area and wasn't sure they would do pick up, but said we would check again when I go back at 19 weeks. I know very little about it and didn't want to freak myself out by reading anything about it if I don't actually have it, but that's where I'm at haha
  • Options
    I didn’t have it with my last but my doctor had me start the low dose aspirin anyway just in case because it is more common after 35.