Babies on the Brain
Options

WRW March 2020

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What’s your favourite isolation activity besides watching tv? If watching tv is your favourite, what are you currently binging? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW March 2020

• Options
    Who knows at this point 😭 definitely sometime this year though

What brings you to WRW?
    VENT SESSIONS

Any R/R?
    Rant: So I know I’ve been absent from this board for a while as have many others but I just really needed to vent with others that would understand. I can’t exactly talk to my friends about this because none of them are considering trying soon. Anyways, last summer DH and I had set out our list of things-to-do-before-TTC. We had it all mapped out and it was perfect and we picked our TTC date. Then Life happened. 
    1. We wanted to do Orlando Disney one last time all out. I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression which resulted in me being home more. Although I get sick pay from the government, it’s barely enough to survive let alone travel. So that got pushed back but it wasn’t a big deal as we’ve been before and we know we’ll go again. 
    2. Travel more: we had lots of great plans this year. Morocco in April. Paris in August. Obviously with coronavirus these things are being cancelled. At the moment, they’re both still “on” but it’s unlikely, at least Morocco. Still not a big deal because we CAN still travel with kids, just not the same way. 
    3. Glastonbury festival (the UK version of Coachella pretty much): so hard to even get tickets and I managed to get them right away so we were buzzing. That’s now been cancelled until 2021. We still automatically have tickets but if everything goes to plan, I’d be very pregnant and therefore not able to enjoy it the way I wanted to. Not even close. 

My thoughts are now, “well, why not just start now then?” But DH isn’t on board with that so no I have no idea when we’ll start TTC and that hurts. 

Sorry for this novel but like I said, I don’t really have anywhere else to go with this vent session as I imagine a lot of us agree with. 

GTKY: What’s your favourite isolation activity besides watching tv? If watching tv is your favourite, what are you currently bingeing? 
    I‘m enjoying painting and DH being home more. For TV, I’m currently going through all of the Marvel movies AND tv shows but I’m actually almost done now 🙌🏻 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    -By the end of 2020, as early as October!

What brings you to WRW?
    -a place to vent and talk about babies while waiting until we can start TTC 

Any R/R?
    Rant - before covid I had just started working as a substitute teacher in my local county schools. One school offered me a full time /permanent role but the paper work didn’t get done before spring break. Now schools are closed and daily subs (like me) have no pay and no way to work. I also got laid off from my gym where I was teaching yoga classes. 

Rave - DH and I met our future OB! She’s amazing! It was really important to me to find a dr that would be supportive of my treatment for bipolar during pregnancy (some drs wanted me to discontinue my meds and I don’t think that’s good for me or baby) and respectful of my gender identity (non-binary, they/them). And I found one! It was the last piece of my plan to put a team in place. I’ve been working with the same therapist for 2 years, I just started with a new psychiatrist that is closer to home and a good listener, we found a really cool Imago couples therapist and now the OB of dreams. It’s hard to have to wait with all of these things coming together so well!

GTKY: What’s your favourite isolation activity besides watching tv? If watching tv is your favourite, what are you currently binging?

I still love bullet journaling so I’ve been doing some of that and just solving puzzles. I got a Rubik cube a couple weeks back and still haven’t solved it and DH got me an extra hard book of sudoku puzzles so I’ve been tinkering with those as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny good to see you back on the board!! Omg Coronavirus is like the biggest inconvenience I’ve encountered in my life. I’m sorry that it’s created more unknowns in your baby journey :/
  • Options
    @xwhyandz hi! It’s good to see you back on the board as well! I was wondering where you were off to! I’m sooo sorry about your job! That’s heart wrenching but omg so exciting about your OB!! What’s a lmago therapist if you don’t mind my asking? I also love me some puzzles! I used to be able to solve a Rubik’s cube in 30 seconds but I wouldn’t even know where to start now 😂 What’s your favourite type of puzzle? Have you heard of the app puzzle page? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers