June 2020 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Post your nursery-in-progress or inspiration pics here! 

Re: The Nursery Thread

• The nursery is currently a storage room. Let the anxiety begin! 
  • Well I finally got the room cleared out to begin painting at some point.  It's a start, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • I won’t be able to do a nursery until we get the guest house built for my mom to move into, but I am planning so I can get it done quickly when the time comes. I finished the quilt top last weekend, but the other items are just in one of several online carts. And I’ve convinced my husband to do a shiplap accent wall behind the crib, so I’m pretty excited about that. 
  • @kjack86 I love it. Such beautiful rich and still soft colors. <3 The quilt top turned out gorgeous.

I've been focused on my toddler's big boy room transformation. Our nursery is getting cleaned... but mostly staying the same. I hope to get the artwork up soon, and then I can share pictures of DS1's room if you'd all like. I'm super excited about it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn absolutely! I should’ve thought to include siblings’ new rooms since many of them are transitioning as well. I’m an HGTV addict and just love seeing the spaces people create for their families. 
  • I want to do a floral wallpaper accent wall where the crib will go. Any suggestions where to get wallpaper in Canada? Thinking something like this. But open to ideas. I haven’t bought anything yet for the room except a light grey glider chair. 
  • I just spent a good part of my weekend pulling down a late 90s wallpaper border, so I'm feeling a bit salty about wallpaper in general. My only useful advice: Make sure it'll come down easy when you're ready for a change! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn I was thinking about getting the wallpaper that is self stick like a big sticker so it can come off easily!
  • @spvern So smart. <3 I can get behind that idea! I just wanted to save future you the pain that last weekend me endured.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spvern check out cadenlane.com. They have a pretty good selection of removable wallpapers. 
  • @kyrwyn lol thanks so much! Ya If she decides she hates floral wallpaper at some point it will be so much easier to remove! I think easier to put up also!

@kjack86 thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out. I think if I pick the wall paper and the paint and buy it I’ll feel like I’ve progressed. Room is just about all cleared out. The crib I want is still out of stock in canada though :( might need to pick another option soon. The plan the weekend is to start buying or at least deciding on things. Only 12ish weeks to go and I don’t want to leave it all till the end or I’ll get super stressed out! 
  • @spvern you can check out etsy for decals as an option other than full wallpaper. 
  • @spervn follow raisingmaidens on Instagram, she has a beautiful removable wallpaper that she often shares where it’s from. I’m sure you could direct message her to ask too. I love it and would totally get if babe was a girl.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I changed my due date on my Amazon registry so I could get my completion discount early and just placed a massive order including crib, mattress etc. Once all of that comes in I will feel in much better shape. 
  • I found a wallpaper I really love in store but it’s $380 plus tax for 2 rolls - I need 2 rolls to do one wall that isn’t even that big. Plus I’d need someone to install it. Everything costs so much more in Canada  I guess I’ll call around other stores to see if it’s less  
  • To each their own, but after spending weeks removing wallpaper when my mom bought a house decorated by a little old lady in the 80s....I will never apply wallpaper ever. We had self adhesive stuff in my room as a kid as my dad's house and even that was quite a bit of scraping to get off. Didn't ruin the drywall to do it luckily, but it was still messy and time consuming.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spvern Can you do the upper half of the wall and then some solid color/bead board/something else to the lower section of the wall to cut down on wallpaper costs? If you're going to put any furniture in front of it, you may not see most of the lower section anyway. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m getting a dresser from a local lady that does beautiful refinishing work. But she’s having a hard time finding a dresser that’s the appropriate height so I can throw a changing pad on top. I’m starting to get impatient 😅 All that’s left is the dresser, a rug, and artwork for above the dresser (which I’m waiting until I actually have said dresser to get).

And of course then we found our potential dream home so if that works out we could be moving this summer (waiting for the land to be subdivided, who knows how long that will take now). So I might have done this whole nursery just to have to do it again lol
  • DSs room was done by 30 weeks. Poor baby brother has nothing but a crib that is currently in storage at my ILs. We were going to list our house and move but now with the risk of recession I think we will end up staying here. Dh wants to wait a few weeks and then we will see. If we decide to stay here I'm going to start changing Dh's office into a nursery or just do the corner of our room. I feel so behind this time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mummasteen great job! I’ve literally done nothing for the room and only bought a glider and have 2 small decorations for a shelf. Looks like most stores are at least closed for 2 weeks. So I’d need to buy mostly on line. I think I’m starting to freak out a bit. Really had my heart set on wallpaper but it’s so expensive. I don’t know if I can justify it at this time. 

• Thats my shelfie!! Mostly used stuff i had around the house. I have re arranged it about 10x 
  • @mummasteen you have inspired me. I did this on the computer but it’s all stuff I can buy from stores around here (If they open again). Or can order online. I have that glider already and the little sloth stuffed animal and a little thing we picked up in Hawaii last month for a shelf. It’s a start. Now just to buy it all! 

• Love your look... i dont know what im having... so tried to keep it sort of gender neutral... 
  • Okay ladies show me artwork ideas or where you plan to go with it.  Nursery has eved ceilings so I have a few good spaces for artwork on the front wall (shiplath) and walls we installed to conceal the original chimney not in use anymore.  Our room is painted grey so I'd like to use wall hangings to  bring out some pops of color without breaking the bank on artwork that is likely changing as babe gets older. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Does anyone shop at Crate & Barrel and have a promo code or know about their sale cycle? I want to get Bailey a nod chair to go in her nursery, but they’re pretty expensive. I got my son an anywhere chair from Pottery Barn and we’ve used it so much, but it looks like they’ve switched over to beanbags rather than chairs. 
  • @kjack86 C&B does 15% off promo codes pretty often but doesn’t do seem to do sales that much - or when they do it’s often 20%. PBK definitely still does the Anywhere Chair! It looks like that and the Nod Chair are basically the same price range so whichever one you like better. I at least occasionally see sale emails for the Anywhere Chair or sitewide for PBK. If I see a good coupon and remember, I’ll post it here or message you. 
  • kjack86kjack86 member
    edited April 2020
  • We just got crib bedding off of FB market place for $5 and I’m so happy with it! I had registered for $160 bedding but decided to cut costs on everything since we won’t have a shower, and I’m feeling good about it. luckily we hung on to the crib from DD and they will be sharing a room for now, so I’m not doing a whole lot of nursery prep. We also have a bassinet and stocked baby dresser in our room for the first few months! Thankfully I got some hand me downs and other market place items before the virus chaos started. I think I want to get some wall decals or something to seperate DDs side and baby’s side of the room. 
  • Just pulled our glider out of the garage. I got it used for our first and its brown wood with brown suede which was so fine for DS room but after using it for DD, it really wore down. Apparently the handle to lock position broke and it has the worst glide now. I told DH that I need a new one but hate to spend $$$ knowing this baby is our last. But I checked our local BST neighborhood page and someone had a used VGUC, light cream colored one with ottoman for $50. We get it tomorrow and Im so excited. I forgot how excited making a baby space feels! <3
  • @kakesworld Nice! I love local BST finds.  I didn't get enough this time just because I'm having trouble with idea of buying used stuff at other's houses during social distancing.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Slightly jealous of you ladies with comfy gliders/recliners in your nursery. We have an antique rocking chair that was my husband’s grandmother’s that he refinished several years ago. I love the sentimental value behind it, but it’s just not comfortable. My mom gifted me custom cushions for it when I had my son, but it’s still not the best for long rocking/nursing sessions. I just don’t have the heart to tell my husband I’d prefer something else.
  • It’s coming together! Got the glider chair last week along with a bunch of baby shower gifts so it no longer looks like this and is now a train wreck.... 🤪 So happy we decided to take the closet doors off! Opens the room up so much. The other side of the room is my craft space which I do fulltime and have no where else to put... I chose to do a colorful+bees theme so it flows together. (My little biz is called The Humble Bumble!) I can’t wait to finish putting everything away and wash things. It’s killing me! 😫 
  • @humblebumble123 I love the dots on the wall!
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I know. It weirds me out a bit too. If I get something,  I leave it out for a week and then do my best to disinfect it! 
    @humblebumble123 those polkadots are adorable!!