September 2020 Moms
Options

Working out during pregnancy

I would love some accountability buddies in getting a few workouts in a week! 

What workouts are you doing? 

What workouts did you enjoy before pregnancy?

what is your weekly goal? 

Re: Working out during pregnancy

• Options
    I haven’t been doing much. Today I did a prenatal workout online. Mostly weights, squats and a tiny cardio

I loved weight lifting. Just light weight lifting so I want to try to do what I can still. 

2-3 times a week.
  • Options
    This is a great idea! I've been struggling with my body. It's my 4th baby, so I'm showing a lot already, and I've struggled with an eating disorder most of my life, so seeing the changes make me want to go on a strict diet and work out constantly. But, I'm trying to be okay with it and just stick with healthy exercise and diet, not obsessive!

Treadmill almost every day (20-30 min usually), Orange Theory once a week, and afternoon walks in the park!

The same as above, but with more intensity.

10,000 steps every day, and to do SOMETHING exercise-ish every day (even if it's literally 5 reps of bicep curls lol)
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hp242hp242 member
    edited March 2020
    Great idea @ktholysz!

What workouts are you doing? What workouts did you enjoy before pregnancy? What is your weekly goal?
    I do CrossFit and hope to continue until the end.  There are some movements that I'm already swapping out (skipping, box jumps, running) but so far everything else is still in.   I'm also scaling my intensity now because my breathing has gotten worse (asthma regularly).  I was going to the gym anywhere between 3-6 times a week in the fall, but I was so tired its been more like 2-3.  I want to get back to 4 times consistently now that the exhaustion seems to be getting better.

Edited because words.

• Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I hear you. I am showing much faster this time (although it's only my second) and I know that all my weight gain is not baby at this point. But hopefully we can both go easy on ourselves! We're growing a human after all.

I found a prenatal plates youtube workout I enjoy, I have been trying to do that twice a week. Zumba once a week, walk to work 1-2 times a week, and last weekend I went swimming!

Yoga. I can still do some, although the ones I really love (hot or with weights) I can't do during pregnancy. I also love Zumba! I workout best in the mornings and so I also like things I can do at home, such as Jillian Michaels videos.

Weekly goal? 
    At this point, just do the best I can. It's hard to stick to a schedule right now because I still feel crappy some days. 
  • Options
    I need to join here, but I am starting from scratch. 

What workouts are you doing? None. I have a prego dvd I should start doing regularly and I previously had a obe subscription that was a good time and they have pregnancy workouts. I am considering getting a device to count my steps.

What workouts did you enjoy before pregnancy? Nothing really. I am not a workout person. Just keeping up with 2 kids and a home. In the summer there is lots of fast walking to keep up with my kids on their balance bikes all through the neighborhood.

what is your weekly goal? Doing something physical for 30min twice a week would be big for me. If I get a step counter then making it to 10k steps daily would also be huge.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher if you can find something you like to do it will really help! I’d for sure try that workout DVD or you can check out free prenatal workouts on YouTube. Twice a week is a great starting point! 

@jennifer_louise I bet plates would be amazing during pregnancy! I’m with you on the energy thing. I just hope to get two days in lol 

@hp242 that’s awesome that you have been able to keep going to CrossFit. I totally fell off the rails. I was working out at home everyday until like 7 weeks hit lol

@dontcallmeshirley1 sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep it up! 

I know its tough in early pregnancy to get going and hard to get back at it hopefully if we check in once a week we can keep each other going! I’m excited you all are on board! 
  • Options
    @ktholysz great idea starting! I’m new so this is a great place I can jump in.

@dontcallmeshirley1 I definitely feel where you are coming from. This being my third pregnancy and I carry and show big, it’s been stressful. I’ve struggled with eating disorders for years and I have a hard time each pregnancy. It’s been hard this time after being put on pelvic rest and told I couldn’t exercise, but now I’m ok to be back.

Workouts, I’ve been doing nothing due to pelvic rest for the last 8 weeks. I’ve been cleared so I’m hoping to start up again. Before pregnancy I was doing running/walking, weights, piyo videos and other stuff I find on YouTube.

Now, I’m trying to ease back with walking/running 3-4 times a week. Being so exhausted and then told no exercise is going to make getting back rough.
  • Options
    @ktholysz good idea for this thread! I’ve always been one to need some inspiration to stay fit! My DH is a natural athlete (played soccer from Age 4 through college and beyond, ran half marathon/Ragnar type races etc) and then there’s me who played tennis in high school bc it was the only sport I had a chance of making the team and my friends were joining too and I quit track after one awful season 😂 

anyway despite my lack of natural athleticism I like to stay fit especially when the weather is nice! So my goal has been to get outside on a walk every day the weather allows and thankfully it’s been hovering around the 50s now where I’m at which has been wonderful. I am inspired by those of you with your more intense work out goals, but for now (Atleast until I can break off my relationship with the toilet bowl 🤦🏻‍♀️) I think walking is a good enough goal for me 😃
  • Options
    emuwemuw member
    I’ve always done a combo of P90x, running, yoga, cardio at the gym.  We just got Beachbody on Demand so I started LIIFT.  I had to take this week off due to a sciatic nerve issue (which also happened in my first pregnancy) but I’m hoping I can restart next week.
  • Options
    @emiwa I have BOD too. I’ve been doing the prenatal ones but I’ve done many rounds of liift4 prior and it’d be a great program while pregnant! For some of the hiit I would just modify or do squats. Squats are never a bad thing lol
  • Options
    emuwemuw member
    edited March 2020
    @ktholysz I’m only just starting to show so I’m hoping to finish LIIFT and do the prenatal stuff when I’m a little bigger.
  • Options
    What workouts are you doing? I am doing 80 day obsession on beachhody

What workouts did you enjoy before pregnancy? Been using beachbody workouts for almost a year and LOVE them.

what is your weekly goal? Workout 4-5 days/week and do yoga of walk on my off days.
  • Options
    emiwa said:
    I’ve always done a combo of P90x, running, yoga, cardio at the gym.  We just got Beachbody on Demand so I started LIIFT.  I had to take this week off due to a sciatic nerve issue (which also happened in my first pregnancy) but I’m hoping I can restart next week.
    Liift4 is one of my favorites!
  • Options
    I’m a professional dancer- and last pregnancy I took class up until I gave birth. I was supposed to have two performances in April but they got cancelled due to the virus. Also I can’t take class now. I feel so lost. But I’m doing workouts on Amazon prime every day and trying to take some online free dance classes that some people are offering during this time.