October 2020 Moms

Week 2 (Oct 8-14) Check In: week of 3/9

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Re: Week 2 (Oct 8-14) Check In: week of 3/9

• Estimated due date (EDD): Oct 12 

Week of pregnancy: 9

Upcoming Appointments: OB new patient class on 3/25. Doesn’t matter this is my 3rd pregnancy and I’ve been to this clinic before. It’s mandatory 🙄

Rant/Rave: Eff all day nausea! I need to make a meal plan and literally nothing sounds good. 

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Ummm.... probably get engaged to a man I knew for 6 months. Spoiler alert- he’s MH and we’ve been together for 11 years. But we didn’t get married for 3.5 years after getting engaged. 
    I’m really not a daring person. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Hey Ladies!

My name is Courtney-Joy & I’m a FTM Canadian expat that lives in Chad Africa. 

(EDD): October 8 

Week of pregnancy: 9 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday March 12 to find out how my blood and urine tests went.  

Rant/Rave: Did you know that the French medical system calculates due dates differently? Found that out yesterday at my OB appointment! They do it from the last time you ovulated NOT the last known period. They make due dates 41-42 weeks 🤯

Questions: WHY pickles? It seems so cliché but I legit love pickles right now. 

Haha a lot of my friends would say me moving across the world 🌍; my mother would say me bungee jumping over Victoria Falls in Zambia; my husband would say marrying him 💕 BUT I think I’d say the most daring thing I’ve done is face my fears when it comes to being pregnant as an expat here in Chad. Trusting the support that my community can give me both here in the village, doctors in the capital, my new found mama instinct, dr google, and the help via emails from doctors back in Canada. This is scary for me... if I’m honest 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/11

Upcoming Appointments: 3/20 at my regular OB! I'm a gestational carrier and we were discharged from the fertility clinic after our ultrasound at the end of last month!

Rant/Rave: My rant is that I had a reaction to my progesterone injection this morning- why?! I only have two days left, why did we have to start that now?! Raving about my trip this weekend- COVID-19 be damned. I'm going to have fun.

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Carry someone else's baby? I don't know. That's not really daring, but it's all I can think of right now.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/13

Upcoming Appointments: Next week! Finally. First appointment and ultrasound. 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Probably going backpacking in Canada last summer. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/9

Upcoming Appointments: eh, I'd have to look it up, beginning of April. I'm going in for labs and NIPT next week

Rant/Rave: Rant - I'm losing weight (normal for me) so why are all of my pants too small? I feel bigger everywhere, not just my belly and my belly is so squishy. I don't remember feeling like this with my other two pregnancies. I'm really looking forward to looking pregnant and not just fat. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? ziplining in Mexico, probably
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/14

Upcoming Appointments: 3/31

Rant/Rave: Broken record here: I’m tired of being sick! I was fine for a few days and now since Friday I’ve been coughing (so bad it made me vomit) and now my sinuses are killing me. My throat is on fire and I can’t breathe through my nose. Thankfully no fever, but it’s still so miserable. I’m never sick, why have I been sick half this pregnancy?!?!

Questions: none

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I’m lame, I have done nothing daring in my life. 🙈
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/10

Upcoming Appointments: 3/23 for NT scan!

Rant/Rave: Rant: Suddenly back to nausea coming and going the last two days and no food sounding appealing (but feeling sick if I don't eat). Rave: My DD was on a nap strike and going to bed strike for four days and I think I finally figured out a solution last night, and it worked for nap today too!

Questions:

Like @profmcgonagall DH and I got engaged after about 6 months dating. However, I met him three years before we dated and while we didn't interact those whole three years, we did start talking online often while I was in Australia studying abroad and started dating after I got back.

I think studying abroad is my most daring thing. I went to a country where they speak English and had a whole program to guide me and a girl I knew from school came so I wasn't even totally alone. But I'm not very daring so there it is. 🤣
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020