1st Trimester
Options

Menopause

Have you guys heard of menopause causing a false positive  ?  I had a two positive on a pink dye test i had and blood test last week and it was negative then i did a digital one today it was positive then did a pink dye test afterwards it was negative in the same day . I haven’t had a period in a year 

Re: Menopause

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited March 2020
    Have you guys heard of menopause causing a false positive  ?  I had a two positive on a pink dye test i had and blood test last week and it was negative then i did a digital one today it was positive then did a pink dye test afterwards it was negative in the same day . I haven’t had a period in a year 
    You haven't had a period in a year? I think that you need to be addressing that with your doctor, and stop testing and getting yourself frustrated to figure out what's going on with you.

Also, you just posted about being pregnant after cancer.  So honestly, talking to your doctor is your best bet right now. 
  • Options
    Menopur is a fertility medication derived from the urine of menopausal women so, yes, if you've gone through menopause you probably have elevated hormones that could cause a false positive. Please see a doctor.