1st Trimester
Options

std in first trimester

i knowwww it sounds gross. but i’m not i got pregnant at the end of a really abusive relationship and he was hoeing around but i was still sleeping with him (i didn’t know) and didn’t find out i was pregnant until i moved and i found out at 8 weeks pregnant that i had an std... trich. they said they can’t treat me until i am 12 weeks pregnant and i am now 9 weeks and the itching is getting unbearable any tips? 

Re: std in first trimester

• Options
    ammj02 said:
    i knowwww it sounds gross. but i’m not i got pregnant at the end of a really abusive relationship and he was hoeing around but i was still sleeping with him (i didn’t know) and didn’t find out i was pregnant until i moved and i found out at 8 weeks pregnant that i had an std... trich. they said they can’t treat me until i am 12 weeks pregnant and i am now 9 weeks and the itching is getting unbearable any tips? 
    Call and ask! Please trust a medical provider with questions like this, than internet strangers with no medical degree.
  • Options
    the dr just said they can’t do anything until i’m 12 weeks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ammj02 said:
    You could get a second opinion but unfortunately you may just need to wait. You could ask if they have any suggestions on how to help ease the itching even if they cannot STD
  • Options
    ammj02 said:
    They may be able to tell you what you can do to help the itching - unfortunately we can't tell you what's safe and may possibly be effective. For that itching.  Otherwise you may need to bear with it until 12 weeks then treat the itching and STD....  If they won't can't tell you how to help the itching, how will internet strangers?  As PP said if possible get a second opinion. 
  • Options
    Have you tried an external cream like hydrocortisone? Or taken Benadryl? It's best not to take long term, but it may help manage the symptoms until it's safe to receive antibiotics.

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear, I had gotten pregnant unexpectedly 2 yrs ago, and sadly yes toxic/abusive /sexual assaulting partner and he gave a case of herpes and I was prescribed acyclovir and I did have a miscarriage, 

HOWEVER ✋🚩 I was also really unhealthy post -pregnancy ( I mean smoking PCP, snorting cocaine), and the environment I was in was really stressful and unhealthy, 

So don't go off of my experience because everybody's different, but I'm so sorry for your situation, please be strong and try your best to stay healthy, better days are coming and you will get some type of relief.

I'll pray for you 🙏
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear, I had gotten pregnant unexpectedly 2 yrs ago, and sadly yes toxic/abusive /sexual assaulting partner and he gave a case of herpes and I was prescribed acyclovir and I did have a miscarriage, 

HOWEVER ✋🚩 I was also really unhealthy post -pregnancy ( I mean smoking PCP, snorting cocaine), and the environment I was in was really stressful and unhealthy, 

So don't go off of my experience because everybody's different, but I'm so sorry for your situation, please be strong and try your best to stay healthy, better days are coming and you will get some type of relief.

I'll pray for you 🙏
    just here for the QFP....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17