June 2020 Moms
Options

Product spotlight: teething accessories

Advice or questions everyone? 

Re: Product spotlight: teething accessories

• Options
    Is Motrin an accessory? Seriously, that’s all that’s ever really worked for us. Tylenol does nothing. DS is a horrible teether. 

He does like to chew on things and I would recommend the silicone feeder things you can put frozen fruit in, the vibrating lion/octopus (can’t remember the brand but you can get them at target or anywhere). Honestly when DS was teething bad - he got his first tooth at 8 months - I went to target and cleaned out the teething toy aisle. 🤷🏼‍♀️ There are tons of cheap options. Stock up and keep some at home, diaper bag, daycare, etc. 
  • Options
    +1 for motrin but you can't use that until 6 months and ds got his first tooth at 5 weeks. We're currently working on 4 molars at once 😭

Amazon doesn't have an easy way to copy links and I'm exhausted so I have pictures in the spoiler. The liquid filled ones you put in the fridge never were a hit for us. Ds (who never would take a pacifier) has been chewing on a pacifier lately. That and the kitchen spatula are. His current favorites along with the pictures below. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    runwmusic said:
    +1 for motrin but you can't use that until 6 months and ds got his first tooth at 5 weeks. We're currently working on 4 molars at once 😭

Amazon doesn't have an easy way to copy links and I'm exhausted so I have pictures in the spoiler. The liquid filled ones you put in the fridge never were a hit for us. Ds (who never would take a pacifier) has been chewing on a pacifier lately. That and the kitchen spatula are. His current favorites along with the pictures below. 

Those fruit ones were some of our favorites too. The stick is easy to hang onto. 

Neither of my kids liked the frozen ones. Both needed ibuprofen, tylenol was pointless. I was lucky I guess that both kids got their first tooth at 9 months.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited March 2020
    +1 again to Motrin. DS got his teeth all back to back to back, starting early, and I felt like we were on Motrin forever. Costco has a good price for the dyeless children's Motrin and our pediatrician gave us the appropriate doses for his weight as he grew. 

We did a lot of damp wash cloths frozen into donut shapes. The supposedly magic teething giraffe was a bust, and only served as a dog tormenting device (she wants it SO BAD). He preferred to chew on hard things like ring for the Nuby teething keys vs the soft liquid filled sections. But mostly he grabbed my fingers and tried to chew on them -- fine at first, but after a few teeth broke through NOT FINE AT ALL.  

The first 8 teeth came through pretty quickly once they started, but then the incisors and bicuspids were a bear and seemed to take forever. Our teething signs were: droooooooooooooool, fussiness/ wanting to be held all the time, giving up favorite foods in favor of less-favored purees. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He had some chewy rings and the baby banana brush was a big hit here. The rings with the water were hit or miss because the melt so quickly. Once he was on foods I bought this Nuby popsicle mold. He loved popsicles and it helped so much. I'd just blend up fruit with a little water and freeze them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml