September 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms wo 3-9

Time change got anybody else like 

Re: Randoms wo 3-9

• Options
    My son didn’t want to get up today due to time change. He was so grumpy! Then half sleeping walked to potty and hit his head on the door handle which sent him into crying mode. Shew daylight savings time, you are a pain!!! I’m dragging today too. Need a pick me up! 
  • Options
    It’s misery. The big kids who are usually up before anyone else had to basically be pulled out of bed. The youngest’s schedule is all sorts of messed up. Why does this even exist?! Mama’s tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @robinj716 @chasingroygbiv can we all just agree that it's time for daylight savings time to die? Or maybe all move to Arizona where they don't stand for such nonsense. 
  • Options
    Time change is the worst. I wish we could just switch to always being on the summer schedule. Light at night is so much better than at the crack of dawn. I am dragging today too and already laying on the couch. I really need to switch out my clothes. I pulled up the maternity totes and have been living out of them. I need to rotate the maternity into the drawers and closet and pack up non-maternity into the totes/basement. I also need it to warm up because I am not fitting in my winter coats. Warm weather maternity wear is so much easier then cold weather maternity. And in a totally random update my mom purchased the stuff to do gel polish at home and as someone who NEVER does her nails, I am obsessed! They look so pretty and last so long!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I WORKED yesterday. It was horrible. Not only because the time change but also we were running short. We were all major zombies sitting there on our break just zoning out lol. Luckily I'm off for 3 days now and nothing planned except to take DS for his hearing test tomorrow so I can rest up.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I slept in until 12:30 today and H is still sleeping (it’s 1) lol I guess we were tired 
  • Options
    I have given up coffee while pregnant and it's been fine because the nausea is so bad it doesn't even sound good but I really could have used a giant cup of coffee this morning. I love the extra daylight but man it's so hard for me to adjust when we lose that hour. 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher ooh, what brand?

I accidentally made a full-pot of coffee with only enough grounds for a half-pot, so my coffee is way too weak to get me through today. I woke up startled at 8:30 a.m. because my 10 mo. wasn't up yet, then realized he was up- just being super happy and content in his crib. 

I did some online shopping this morning. I bought a PBK Easter basket liner for W and had it monogrammed. And I finally bought his "Big Bro" shirt off of Etsy. I'm hoping it fits because we won't have time to switch it out before our announcement to my side of the family. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher where DS was a June baby, most of my maternity was cooler weather stuff. I just went to the thrift store and bought some bigger sweaters. And borrowed some shirts and stuff from my best friend who had done the same thing lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @cabearit I am not sure. She purchased the light from amazon and went with a nail tech friend to a license only shop to get her supplies. I am going to buy some more colors off amazon. 

@mflowers929 I have had a late August baby and an early May baby so one would think I have everything needed. But I lost a lot of weight after my August baby so started my second pregnancy about 10lbs less than the starting weight of the August baby and this baby so a lot of my fitted winter wear is too small in the boobs. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    I'm feeling some minor cold like symptoms. Asked my coworkers if I was the only one and one coworker, who I worked with all weekend, said that she just got diagnosed with pneumonia today.
    Annnd cue me freaking out.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    My husband just got offered a job 10 hours away from us. He has struggled with finding steady work so I’m thrilled he got something but this means he will be away for weeks at a time working and I’ll be managing a toddler, going to school, working full time, and trying to deal with this awful nausea. I know I will get through this but I am definitely feeling a little emotional...
  • Options
    I love/hate the time change. Love the extra daylight but oh so tired this morning. I think I’m coming down with a cold. I’ve got a runny nose and sore throat. Just what I want when Dh is leaving for a work trip on Thursday and my oldest is having oral surgery on Friday morning. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @jennifer_louise I live in AZ, it is SO nice not ever having to worry about time change! Sorry everyone for your struggles. I only have to try to remember the new time difference when calling family back East. 
  • Options
    I completely forgot that we were having house guests for 2 weeks until the day before they got here. My best friend moved out of state right after Christmas for work but had scheduled to have a surgery long before she knew she got the job and we agreed to let her and her husband crash here while she recovers. 
    I’m trying to keep a toddler busy and a dog out of the way and prepare for this stupid glucose test. I’m used to it being just me and the toddler and the dog all day and I didn’t realize how draining it would be.
    Don’t get me wrong I love having them because I have really missed them but good lord is it ever an adjustment.

• Options
    @balletnerd it's confusing with my parents living in AZ, I can never remember what time it is there. But I'm jealous they don't have to worry about it! 
  • Options
    @beaandthebabes Oh man, having house guests for 2-weeks is rough! Especially pregnant with a toddler and dog. Hope it goes by quickly!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Weight gain is unreal over here! Between weeks 12 and 13 I gained 5lbs!!  :# I have only added an additional lb in the 3 weeks since then, but I am still up a lot compared to what I would expect and what I was in prior pregnancies at this point. I need to start paying attention to what I eat now that I am feeling better and move more. (Says the person that downed a 12" sub, chips, and a pop for lunch and has big plans to plow through a cosmic brownie any moment now.) My normal size is average to smallish pear, but I have filled out this pregnancy. Wearing a dress today at work I can feel my booty shake walking down the hall. :| Yikes!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Re: time change... I HATE it! My husband and I have a tradition of taking the Monday off after time change to boycott it - lol! Since we are both teachers we hate it just as much (if not more) as parents. Once our son was old enough to enjoy doing things, we began to make a mini staycation out of it. This year we took the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend. It was SO empty (Coronavirus) and awesome! The kids were exhausted when we got home Monday night and fell asleep EARLY! Woke up today like normal without a problem. It’s like the time change never even happened!
  • Options
    I'm so frustrated I want to cry right now. I was finally having a day where I was eating mostly good healthy, and most importantly, appropriate amounts of food, and then I got halfway through my supper and vomited up what I ate plus most of my lunch by the looks of it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Could’ve sworn my appt was at 8 but it’s at 9.....so now I’m sitting here hungry because idk if I have time to go get food since I’m downtown and parking is annoying 😭 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher my booty was shaking yesterday too... Trying to be proud of it but I know I have a ways to go! Oh well.

@mflowers929 sorry :( I had a similar thing yesterday where I thought I really wanted a salad for supper and stopped to get all the fixins and when I got home all I could stomach was a pop tart. That was my whole supper. Even when I WANT to be healthy, I can't! 

• Options
    So my 2yo (soon to be 3) is being creepy! He and his brother spent the night at my parents' Tuesday night. Wednesday morning he woke up and told my mom about the girl he saw in the room they were staying in (my old bedroom). She was missing her left eye and did not have a mouth. When I got there to say good morning and have a cinnamon roll before heading to work he immediately had to tell me about the girl with one eye and no mouth. When I returned that evening to pick him up he again had to tell me about her and then bent his knees leaned forward and took a few steps telling me that "this how she walk but fast". This morning when I went to get him out of bed he again told me about the one-eyed girl with no mouth and said her name is Sophie and tried to look for her. So my toddler is haunted.  :D 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher omg that’s so creepy !!!! 
  • Options
    @louise_belcher omgggg creepy! I hope it was just a dream he had!! If not maybe he will be a writer or make scary movies 😂😂
  • Options
    Y'all are probably getting to start working at home because of the pandemic and meanwhile my job is like, K, You're scheduled 64 hours next week because people keep going home (because they're not penalizing it this month). I'm maybe gonna work 50 hours but that's it, there's only so much I'm willing to do while pregnant and work to death is not one of them!
  • Options
    I work in a care home lol. Unless I'm sick or there's a case at work I have to go in 🤷
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I work in food so unless I have symptoms I have to be there too 😫 
  • Options
    I work in community services in police and they want me to come, even though ALL our events and meetings have been cancelled. I’m sooo bored! They said we need to use our own PTO if we need off or daycares close and can’t come. 
  • Options
    I think we should do a weekly check in for the whole board. It seems like not enough people are making the threads so maybe one would work best for now? Thoughts? 
  • Options
    It’s been a little quiet around here for sure. 
  • Options
    I'm going to take a guess and say that it's slow because a lot of people have other things on their mind.
    I think, until things calm down a bit, that having a combined check in is a good idea.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @greyl That’s cool with me. I have started a few week 1&2 ones, but noticed the other weeks are pretty hit or miss.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @mflowers929 yeah that’s what I was thinking too. If the check in gets too big we can split it back up again. I just feel like we have lurkers who just wait for certain threads to be started to participate. 

@louise_belcher yep exactly, if only one person is starting all the check ins IMO they might as well be combined lol 
  • Options
    Hubby said that I definitely look more pregnant this time around lol. With DS I just looked fat 😂
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I really dislike how loud everything is in my neighborhood. I feel like my house walls are paper thin. I can hear every car, dog, and child screaming outside. I feel like all of the kids are outside playing together right now and they do not know how to play without yelling the whole time. Have to keep the tv on just so I don’t hear literally everything. Am I being cranky and unreasonable? Maybe. But idk how parents stand it. 
  • Options
    @greyl I can attest to my kids only having one volume and it is EXTREMELY LOUD. When people say “it must be so active at your house” I usually reply “IT IS SOOOOO LOUD!”  :D 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher LOL omg my sympathies to your ears. I’m sure it will be my life eventually and I’ll get used to not having quiet time, I just don’t know why it’s constant screaming haha
  • Options
    @greyl My three year old only has one volume and that’s yelling. My 17 month old likes to randomly screech and then laugh loudly at the screeching sound.
    @Louise_Belcher people just look at me and tell me I “have my hands full.”
  • Options
    @itsmehere1212 Omg yes! My two will just make increasingly louder noises because they can especially at the grocery store. I think they must like the acoustics there, smh. But if H and I try to have a conversation at a normal level they will both tell us we are being too loud and need to be quiet usually by shouting it at us.  :D
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20