October 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/6

I eat soft cheese, drink coffee, and eat deli meat when pregnant. And sushi from reputable establishments. I drink a small glass of wine at night sometimes in second and third tri. My midwife knows. She's not concerned.

I am currently breastfeeding my 4.5 year old and when this baby is 2, I will have been nursing and or pregnant for a full decade.

11/27/12
First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
Twins born into Heaven 
BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020

Re: FFFC 3/6

• Options
    @BLuvsE I drink one cup of coffee a day and just enjoyed a soft cheese platter last weekend at our anniversary dinner!  You can include me in your coffee and cheese eating club. 

I’m retiring next summer and going to be a SAHM until this little one is in school full time.  I’m scared shitless. 

Also I likely won’t breastfeed this baby.  Last time my daughter was in the nicu and my milk dried up quickly.  I was secretly relieved.  I hated pumping and just milky boobs in general.   It just wasn’t for me.   My hats off to you ladies that can.   It just wasn’t the right choice for me and it made me a better mother.  I was able to formula feed her without the constant fear of my milk drying up.  My husband was able to feed her as well and have that special time to bond with her.  I’m in the fed is best camp because it’s what was best for our family at the time.  
  • Options
    I drank caffeine with my last two pregnancies but it’s been my aversion lately so I haven’t actually had almost any this time. 

I don’t like soft cheese so bleh.

I do partake in sips off the top of DH’s beer and even make him order my favorites when we’re out. When pregnant with DS I had a particularly stressful day at work and I drank a whole Guinness in my second tri because I figured at that point the alcohol from a single beer was less harmful than my stress levels that day lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been deli meat also. I can barely eat and turkey sandwiches are the one thing I can stomach. 

• Options
    @anitamargarita_82 also in the fed is best camp! My only gripe is when women want to breastfeed and a medical professional gives them crappy information that makes them think they can't or shouldn't. So I'm also in the "whatever you decide to do is best, provided you made the decision using accurate info" camp. Our camp sign is very big because our name is very long.

But really, I know so many women who realized after it was too late that they could've breastfed if they'd had better support from the medical community. And they wanted to, so that's sad. But if you don't want to? Then don't. Formula is not poison. And no one should judge you for not wanting to.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Options
    I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and then an hour later I had two bowls of fruit loops. And then I ate some chips and a Reese's egg. All before 9am! I have barely been able to eat this week but today I was hungry, so I ate.

Maybe a better confession is that it really irritates me when I see people proclaiming how bad it is to drink and BF. Should you get smashed and try to nurse? Probably not, but mostly because your motor skills are impaired. There are so many studies out there that show that the amount of alcohol in milk is minute and if you're okay to drive, then you're okay to nurse. It makes me sad that nursing moms will pump and dump that precious milk and it makes me mad when a nursing mom is trying to relax and enjoy something for herself only to get side-eyed for it. Let a mom have a beer in peace!

I also drink caffeine/eat sushi and soft cheese/sip beer and wine here and there during pregnancy. Okay I'm done!
  • Options
    Add me to the soft cheese and deli meat + occasional sushi team. But with the caveat that YOU DO YOU! I don't particularly miss alcohol, I am glad to switch those calories for more food lol.

Confession is that I am not strong enough to be team green. I asked my husband if he would be ok with me finding out and him not knowing. He wasn't too happy but understands my reasons, however we haven't really made a decision yet. Ultimately it's not because I care, but more because I like planning! It would help me declutter some of DS clothes since I would want to splurge on at least a few girly outfits if we had a girl. I have other reasons, I know this one is the silliest!
  • Options
    @themoonandme Agreed. I donated my breast milk to a company that made fortified human milk products for severely premature infants. They were super strict on what you could and could not put in your body. I'm talking, you couldn't donate for a week after taking an asprin. Their rule for alcohol while donating - no more than 2 standard drinks a day. Made my glass-of-wine-a-night heart happy. I figure, if it's okay for the fragilest of babies, it's okay for my sturdy baby. (I understand that donated milk gets diluted, but I'm also not slamming shots before feeding my baby.)

Also, if you do drink too much, don't dump it! Milk baths are amazing for babies with sensitive skin/eczema. 

Mine: I had a dream last night that my employee who stays the latest decided to leave a half hour early today. Now I am praying that he actually leaves at 4:30, so I can go home early too. But stupid me, I keep giving him more work to do.
  • Options
    @themoonandme I drink and breastfeed. But I also breastfeed until my kids wean themselves so I am really past caring what people think of my parenting choices. Also Reese eggs are the perfect candy.

@morethanamama I'm claiming team green but I have a feeling I'll have a moment of weakness at the anatomy scan.

Okay here's a new one that just happened. My mom's boss who fired her because she couldn't get along with the girl that worked the front desk (and whom we also suspect he was sleeping with) got a divorce and announced to the office that they will hear things about him and probably lose patients over it. So ... My confession is that I am actually happy that this happened. I'm heartbroken for his wife, but so glad that he's about to get dragged for whatever choices he made and my mom is going to be validated. She is friends with his wife and that's why she didn't get along with his mistress. And I feel like there should be some wrongful termination suit or something but that's probably just me being legal trigger happy. 

Seriously so happy and I feel bad about it. Who celebrates when someone gets divorced? I'm terrible. But so is he.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Options
    I drink when I breastfeed too. No shame in that!