Trouble TTC

First Ovidrel Trigger and IUI - all sorts of nervous

After 15 months of trying we got the ok to start meds this cycle. I’ve been clomid and estrogal. I had an ultrasound today to check my follicles, I’ve got 2 good one! Tonight at 11pm I take the ovidrel trigger shot - which has knots I’m a huge wimp with needles. Then Thursday morning at 9:30
I have my IUI appointment. I’ve read so many mixed things about the pain level. I only took the morning off (Trying to save the few days I have left) work so I hope it’s not too bad. I had the FemVue done last month with no pain or cramping after. 

Re: First Ovidrel Trigger and IUI - all sorts of nervous

• The ovidrel trigger isn't bad, but I had my hubby help give it to me because I'm totally needle phobic. The first time we did it was the worst just because we didn't know what we were doing, so I definitely recommend watching one of the videos on how to administer it.

As for IUI I worked all day after all of my IUIs except the one that happened to fall on a Saturday. I definitely had cramping, but it was like really bad period cramping level. Not fun, but definitely something I could work though. 

Good luck with it all, and join our weekly thread! 
  • i literally was in the same boat last week. I was FREAKING out about doing the injection, i legitimately had to talk myself into it, my friends had to talk me into it, as well as these amazing ladies! I felt so silly after I finally did it. it didnt even feel like anything. you got this girl!!!!

I had my IUI a week ago, it was definitely uncomfortable, a little crampy, but its quick. i took the day off just to relax, but they say there is not problem with continuing your normal daily activities. good luck!!!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• Loading the player...
  • I had the IUI this morning, it honestly wasn’t as uncomfortable as the FemVue! I’m at work for the afternoon - trying to save those sick days! The shot was nothing, but I worked myself up wayyyy too much for it. 
  • Haha yep! the anticipation is wayyyy worse than it actually is! FX for you!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• I can totally related too. Had DH stab me for the trigger shot and I had so much anticipation over what I thought would be this massive stabbing pain and I felt silly after it felt like a tiny poke and it was over.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Glad you got through it okay! Yeah I think the first time is the worst for everyone because you build it up so much in your head!