May 2020 Moms
Options

March Appointments

Send updates about your March Appointments! 

Re: March Appointments

• Options
    Great news @jkr2019! How many weeks are you now?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jkr2019 those are incredible numbers! so excited to hear about your overachieving babies.
  • Options
    28 today! 
  • Options
    @jkr2019 that's awesome news! I'm jealous you get to be out of work already too, put your feet up and relax! 
  • Options
    @jkr2019 that's such great news! Congrats and enjoy the time off work :)
  • Options
    @thepretzelchick it is so nice to have my rcs scheduled! It also feels like crunch time lol
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! And thank you for sharing about coronavirus @chewie5990. I was wondering about that too.
  • Options
    Had my first two week appointment today oh joy. Everything was okay other than based on fundal height I am measuring ahead, midwife said it isn't bad but just odd that I am now measuring ahead when I was measuring on track the rest of the appointments and with US. So idk, I am seeing my actual OB next appointment and I am going to talk with him about the fact I want to deliver with an OB for my own peace of mind.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 I was measuring on track, and then two weeks later they said I was measuring behind.  I had different doctors for each appointment and wonder if there is some discrepancy in measuring technique.  Curious what they will say tomorrow.  I also wonder if baby's position can impact the way things feel when trying to measure fundal height.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 @pirateduck Yeah, don’t take fundal height too seriously. It’s technically from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus, but stuff shifts easily. I carried DS1 super low and consistently measured 3 weeks behind, DS2 was super high and measured 2 weeks ahead. Baby girl measures 1-2 weeks behind and she’s mostly still transverse. 

Fun fact, if you have the line nigera it usually cuts off at about the point the top of your uterus is. So if you can pinpoint your pubic bone and measure from there to the top of the line, you have a rough fundal height. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 That’s clever, the body is amazing. However, it doesn’t quite work for me. My linea Nigeria goes all the way up to my breast bone. I had my growth ultrasound today and baby’s butt is close to my last rib. I have to wait until my next appointment on the 24th to see how long/big baby is.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @rox7777 thank you! I was always right on track with DS1 and the way she said it made me nervous like suddenly it was worrisome. I don’t have the linea nigera (but all the stretch marks 😂) so that knocks me out of that one. I am seeing my OB for my next appointment so I’m wondering what he will think.
  • Options
    @jhysmath I don't have one yet either (29 weeks) but I had one last time. I don't know when it showed up before, though. Maybe it's too early for me. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @jhysmath It could show up later. With DS1 and this pregnancy I’ve had one since around the half way mark, with DS2 it didn’t show up until a few weeks before I gave birth. I’ve also read that it tends to darken/show up around the same time your nipples get extra dark. For me that didn’t happen until about a week or two ago and it’s now very prominent whereas it was fairly light and hard to see. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 I feel like with DD I had one from like 12 weeks on. My nipples have darkened and have been since like 20ish weeks. So we'll see. 
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 good luck with soreness after your shots. I only got the tdap and was sore for 3 days. I couldn't believe how long it lingered.
  • Options
    For anyone who hasn't gotten TDAP yet, consider which side you like to sleep on and don't get it on that side. 

• Options
    I was surprised to find to had absolutely no soreness with my TDAP. The flu shot kills me, but the TDAP was fine. Hopefully others have the same experience. 
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 The doctor I saw last week was also in a rush and it was very off-putting. She rushed in, barely paused to hear my answers when she asked a question, measured/checked the heartbeat, and then started telling me about Tdap and said I could get now or next appointment. Before I could even answer yes, she said she was going to give me more information about it and ran out of the room, gave me the paper, and ran back out. She never even said goodbye! So I didn't end up getting the tdap. I probably could have tried hunting down a nurse, but eh- I'll just get it next time. 

• Options
    @mamaqdubu That’s super annoying! Why all the hoops to jump through?!?
    @peachnectarine It’s so rude to be like that. I mean I see patients all day too but even if you’re in a rush, you have to at least pretend that you care
  • Options
    oh, I got the TDAP at my last appointment and my arm still hurts, but I didn't get my Rhogam shot -- they didn't even mention it. Thanks for the reminder!

I've been with this OB/GYN practice for many years and only within the last year it seems like many of my favorite doctors are no longer with the practice (probably retired). A lot of the doctors I'm seeing at routine appointments are not OBs but rather DOs. It makes me wonder if they are really experts in delivering babies and whether or not they are missing anything (like the fact that I'm RH-).
  • Options
    Had my 28 week appointment, my mw said to celebrate the passing of my glucose test but if I want to for peace of mind she can write me a script to test my blood, I said I'd celebrate instead because I don't want the gd diagnosis to make it so I have to deliver sooner than later and they don't induce for vbacs. I'll try to watch my carbs going forward just in case though. I also out my tdap, my flu shot hurt more than it did so there's that. 
  • Options
    @allie456 Personally, I like DOs better. They’re taught to look at and treat the person as a whole, not just as a bag of symptoms. Perhaps the nurses missed your lab results with the blood type results, I think they’re usually in charge of that kind of stuff (at least at my doctor)? It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask if they ordered your rhogam yet. My office doesn’t stock it, they only order when needed for a specific patient. Also it never occurred to me how rare negative blood type is, only 15% of the population has a negative blood type.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 such good news!! I'm happy to hear the chances are so low, what a relief.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    My OB is a DO too. The biggest (maybe only?) medical school in Maine is a DO school so they're very common here. 

• Options
    My PCP is a DO and I saw her through my 24 week appointment last time. Then I started with the OB at 28 weeks. She moved to another state at the beginning of this year so I just went to my OB from the start this time around. My PCP was also DD's doctor (we opted out of a traditional pediatrician for family practice). Since she left we went with one of the partner's at her office who is also DO. I thought about going to someone at an office closer to me, but they didn't have any DO's and I really like our office, even if it is out of my way.

I too really like the holistic approach of a DO versus regular MDs. Mind you they are still confined by conventional medicine practices. I've had to see some functional medicine practitioners (NP, DC, etc) over the years to get some help outside of what our standard medical and insurance model would do.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    My PCP is a DO and I had no idea what that was I just figured they studied something differently. I really like her she has a preschooler at our school and is very pro-breastfeeding. She is also my daughters PCP and was really encouraging and helpful when I needed extra help learning to breastfeed. 
  • Options
    @allie456 Yikes!  That's scary they missed that!!!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3