August 2020 Moms
Options

Ask a STM+ March

2»

Re: Ask a STM+ March

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tyrion_ Wow, that must have totally thrown you on your first when the epi didn't work!  I'm glad you and YS are fine and healthy.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I'm feeling better today about this all.  <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @WishesSheCouldCook Oh wow.  Glad you were able to still move around and it didn't really impact your labor.  Thanks so much for sharing!! 
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 I ended up getting a uterine infection in labour with DS and we both got the infection, so we had to stay in for nearly a week to have antibiotics. But most importantly there doesn’t seem to be any long term affects, no trouble breast feeding, no colic and as yet no allergies etc.

You can also ask them to re-test you nearer to your due date if you still want to avoid it.

• Options
    Hi FTMs & STMs,

I’ve got a new question for the group... I’m wondering how early you can travel with an infant and if anyone has experience with this? I know that the recommendation is limited contact for the first 4 weeks, but then I’ve read some conflicting information about recommendations beyond that. We canceled our trip this past week to Hawaii, and my family is looking to reschedule in October, which means the baby will be anywhere from 7-10 weeks old. Is this silly to plan a trip with a baby this young? 
  • Options
    I don't think so. I know a lot of people who live in remote places and had to fly out to have their babies, which meant they flew home with said baby as young as 1 week old. We took a family vacation with our oldest daughter when she was 3 weeks old. 
  • Options
    cornichonmamcornichonmam member
    edited March 2020

@whl1013 I think it will be fine, we took our baby away over night at 6w to a wedding and it was fine. It was only a two hour drive away though. By then you should have the feeding situation down and you'll feel more confident it what you’re doing but it will be before the 3-4 month sleep regression. Sounds like a good time to go actually, otherwise you’ll be waiting until next year and you'll have a older baby that wants to crawl to entertain on the flight.

• Options
    @cornichon @coldlife  Thank you for your thoughts on this!  I think we're aiming for late October or early November.  I appreciate your input :)
  • Options
    @whl1013 I delivered my first overseas. We flew to husbands family at 6 weeks and back at 7. I then flew to my family at 7.5 weeks and it was so easy. She slept majority of the time and was happy to be held and snuggled. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    RedBaramidRedBaramid member
    edited March 2020
    Alright moms, this is my second rodeo so I am turning to those who have done this more than twice... I was showering the other day and I looked down and my tits are leaking. I didn't believe it at first but then I really looked and sure enough off white liquid was starting to pool up and drip from the nips. I'm 19+3 today and I chalked it up to being stressed the other day but now it's to the point where occasionally I'm getting spots (v small ones) on tank tops and bralettes. Guys, I haven't BFed anyone since late 2014... and I'm not around any babies at all.  Is this normal? I've not been feeling as much movement as I was so I was starting to worry but then this started... Thank goodness my next appointment is a week from today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @RedBaramid I had some leaking with my last pregnancy. I'm not that far yet, but it happened with me when I was twenty something weeks and happened occasionally throughout the rest of my prgnancy.