September 2020 Moms

March Symptoms Thread

What fun new things are happening to your body this month? ๐Ÿ™ƒ
ยซ1

Re: March Symptoms Thread

• I think I have something called Nipple vasospasm. None of my Doctorsย or even the lactation consultant knew what I was talking about but according to Dr. Google that's the most likely. ย It usually happens when breastfeeding but weirdly never happened for me. Just when I'm pregnant. If I get too cold my nipples turn white in the center and start hurting/burning. The pain is so intense. I thought maybe it wouldn't happen this time but it just happened. Ouch :s ย 
  • I'm still struggling with my appetite. I'm not nauseous so much *knock on wood* but I just have basically 0 appetite, which is SO WEIRD
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Iโ€™m finally getting over most of the nausea and then last night was so bad I couldnโ€™t move from the couch in fear I would get sick. And it continued this morning. Also no food sounds good or Iโ€™m too tired to cook anything.ย 
  • machenomacheno member
    edited March 2020
    I'm still on the morning sickness struggle bus at 14w. Praying it will get better soon. I also have many food aversions. Just the thought of some foods is nauseating. The insomnia has thankfully eased up and I've been sleeping a little better. I'm definitely going to have to take something for constipation because I have not been going much, and it was bad for me around this time during my 1st pregnancy. My boobs are also beginning to be a little sore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm basically back to my normal self - no more nausea, no more extreme fatigue. At 11-12 weeks, I'm solidly in 2nd trimester symptom-wise! My pants are definitely too tight though!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @dontcallmeshirley1 that is awesome! I'm so jealous. I'm over here just wanting to enjoy food againย  :(ย ย 
    @macheno I'm on the struggle bus with you.ย  ย But I just hit 12 weeks today.ย  I know I went past that with DD so I'm thinking its not getting better any time soon.
  • @angbaby83 Sounds right, I deal with vasospasms myself. It was worse when I was battling Thrushโ€” any chance youโ€™ve got that?

@dontcallmeshirley1 Sooo jealous! My nausea has improved (except for when I ate Taco Bell last night, ugh), but Iโ€™m still so exhausted I could lay in bed all day and still be tired! Hoping my burst of energy comes soon since Iโ€™m nearing 14 weeks.ย 
  • Starting to get my energy back at 11w5d, still strong sense of smell and strong food aversions, and never gagged so much in my life!ย  But despite the gagging, I haven't felt nauseous or thrown up until this morning for the first time. Pretty sure constipation was to blame as I've been struggling all weekend with it.ย  Overall definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, 2nd trimester here we come!ย 
  • You all are you all are giving me so much hope! ย Headed into week 13 here and still nauseous, but not throwing up as much so I take that as a win. ย Still so tired, canโ€™t cook. ย Pretty moody lately, and my skin is awful- broken out and red. ย My dreams have still been crazy, itโ€™s kind of fun lol
  • @chasingroygbiv I suppose there is always a chance, but I don't think so.ย  I have had this problem every single pregnancy.ย  I never have it when I am actually breast feeding.ย  I was actually worried it was going to affect breast feeding but it never did.ย  I actually had zero issues when I was breast feeding.ย  Just during pregnancy.ย  Thankfully it just happens if I get too cold.ย  Good thing it isn't winter and freezing all the time lol....ย 
  • Iโ€™m still nursing my 2 year old and I think Iโ€™m starting to dry up. My boobs are getting bigger again. Iโ€™m perfectly fine with that as it would be nice to have a short break before nursing the new LO.ย 

Otherwise I still get nauseous if I donโ€™t eat frequently enough, have had to start breaking out my maternity wear early this time, am tired a lot, and still have insomnia. It nothing too bad. Iโ€™m hoping to have more energy 2nd tri! ย 
  • robinj716robinj716 member
    edited March 2020
    I will be 10 weeks Wednesday. Still so nauseous and this morning graduated to dry heaving For the first time ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ. Constipated. I think my exhaustion is easing a bit, but still feel drained most of the time. My boobs arenโ€™t as sore- yay! Canโ€™t wait for the next 3ish weeks to go by so I can get into 2nd trimester and hopefully feel better!ย 

edit: spelling.ย 
  • Man, I'm 11 weeks and so freaking tired. I'm sure the twins are helping but I seriously can't get anything done lol. I walk up the stairs and I have to sit down and rest. I hope this is over soon!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 I feel you on the exhaustion. I had to park on the top level of a parking garage this morning and after climbing all the stairs I was so out of breath in my car! Didnโ€™t help the pants I was wearing were too tight. I have no energy to do the simple things right now.ย 
  • 10 weeks today. Still feeling exhausted. My OB prescribed something for the nausea so I do feel much better overall but still have my moments where something with a strong smell will make me gag. I also still burping a lot and get that sensation in my mouth like Iโ€™m going to gag but I donโ€™t. So weird! Looking forward to 2nd trimester and not feeling so tired.
    Ivy: July 2010 ย | ย Stella: Dec 2012 ย | ย BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 12 weeks and goodness are Round Ligament Pains annoying. It isnโ€™t all the time but every once in a while it is like I move wrong or cough/vomit to hard, or sneeze and itโ€™s that sharp pain.ย 
  • Restless leg anybody? ย Is this is a thing magnesium can fix?
  • @beaandthebabes I've been having RLP, too- especially when I stand to quick. I don't remember having it this early last time. I've just been trying to stay hydrated and stretch a little during the day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CarbAddict I get RL even when Iโ€™m not pregnant. I use this cream and itโ€™s amazing! Pregnancy safe. Made for pregnant women with RLS. I Love it!ย 

• @robinj716 Interesting, thanks!
  • @angbaby83 did you find any relief for your breast pain? Thatโ€™s my only symptom but nobody understands either. My doctor thinks Iโ€™m talking about breast tenderness and Iโ€™m like no, it literally feels like someone is twisting a pitchfork in there....ย 
  • This insomnia is the pits!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Apparently I can't keep anything down todayย  :( I've already vomited twice and I slept in until almost 11 because I didn't feel well
  • @robinj716 yeah magnesium lotion is great
  • Whaaaat the heck. I have like a 2 inch patch of a ton of hive looking pimples by my temple. One side only. Iโ€™ve NEVER had skin problems in any of my pregnancies, I donโ€™t understand whatโ€™s going on! What can I do?!ย 
  • I had it relatively easy for the first bit, then at 11 weeks I felt so good I was convinced I had started 2nd trimester.ย  And then 11w3d I suddenly started getting so sick, couldn't eat anything that had multiple tastes or textures and have been that way ever since (now 12w5d).ย  I'm so hungry but nothing sounds good.ย  Somehow I need to get full and keep full by nibbling and then hopefully won't be so sick.ย  Any recommendations of what to eat?ย 
  • @readytobemama popsicles, grapes and cut up apples works for me!ย 
  • Ok I swear I have to be feeling baby, but itโ€™s oddly far to the side. If not....... there is something wild going on in my intestines and everyone better watch out! :D ย 
  • @chasingroygbiv I've definitely felt baby a couple of times. I think I remember with DS that the first few movements were pretty far to the right.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @readytobemama I was expecting the nausea to ease up soon (11+3 today) but no such luck. I can stomach applesauce, toast, PB&J, crackers. Although, I started browsing Instantpot recipes online this morning (an activity which would previously make me gag) so maybe that's a good sign? Idk.
  • Nausea went away for a few days; now it came back and Iโ€™m back to not wanting to eating again. 10+5 today.ย 
  • Iโ€™m sorry I ghosted for what feels like forever. I was having some health issues and in the hospital for a week (not pregnancy related, but being pregnant definitely complicates imaging/treatment), and then after that my first trimester nausea/fatigue which had been on the mend came back with a vengeance. Iโ€™ve been taking B6 and caved and got a zofran prescription. I think because I havenโ€™t really been vomiting, just nauseated 24h a day, I had convinced myself I didnโ€™t need medication, but itโ€™s helping me get through my long work hours for sure.ย 

New symptom for the last few weeks is crushing headaches. I donโ€™t really get headaches when not pregnant, and Tylenol and heat packs donโ€™t seem to touch it.ย 

Iโ€™m 12+3 today... hoping that second trimester is better!
  • @notagoodpatient my nausea came back with a vengeance too and Iโ€™m not really eating. I was thinking maybe I need to call my Doctor, but Iโ€™m also just trying to swing it and get through. Iโ€™m 11 weeks tomorrow. Hoping it passes soon!ย 
  • @robinj716 if youโ€™re looking for something to take the edge off and havenโ€™t tried it, I find the b6 really helpful but it takes a few days to build up in your system.ย 
  • 14 weeks tomorrow and Iโ€™m finally feeling GOOD! Hello 2nd trimester happiness! (And hello to all the weight gain... this is usually where I BLOW UP...)
  • @notagoodpatient thank you! I called my doctor today and she told me take B6 with unisom 2-3x per day so Iโ€™ll give that a shot! If the unisom makes me sleep, Iโ€™ll just take B6ย 
  • @robinj716 my last pregnancy i took the combo 3 times a day.ย  Initially the unisom made me sleepy but that wore off after a couple of days.ย  This time I have just been taking it at night and the B6 during the day and I don't think it is as effective but who knows?ย  Hope you get some relief.ย  So many of us still struggling.ย  It sucks!ย ย 
  • These headaches!ย  :'(ย  :'( Day 2 of a headache that just wonโ€™t quit. I even did 2 rounds of Tylenol and I honestly hate to take anymore. Ugh.ย 
  • @chasingroygbiv yes they're awful.ย  The only way I can get relief is to go to sleep if I can.ย  I tried a pregnancy massage the other day as I have chronic back problems and it helped I think but not until a few days later, and now the headaches are back with vengeance. The massage lady suggested putting a hot water bottle at the base of my neck when laying down.ย 
  • I have reynauds and this happens to me as well (both nipples) when it's cold outside. Very painful. I'm worried it will also occur when breastfeeding.ย