1st Trimester

Anyone else have gluten aversions during first trimester?

annlokelani7annlokelani7 member
edited February 2020 in 1st Trimester
Hey!  
I’m 8 weeks into my first trimester. This is my second pregnancy.  I cannot stomach anything with gluten.  Bread, pasta, crackers etc.  Ugh and it’s so hard to keep anything down.  Rice has actually been my best friend, but I know I cannot just survive on that for the next few weeks.  I feel terrible because I don’t get much of an appetite neither.  It’s funny because my first pregnancy was fine, I mean the nausea was there, but not being able to eat carbs, was not!  My first prenatal appt is in a week and I already have a list of questions lol!
 I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and how did you overcome it?

Answers

• Hey!  
    I’m 8 weeks into my first trimester. This is my second pregnancy.  I cannot stomach anything with gluten.  Bread, pasta, crackers etc.  Ugh and it’s so hard to keep anything down.  Rice has actually been my best friend, but I know I cannot just survive on that for the next few weeks.  I feel terrible because I don’t get much of an appetite neither.  It’s funny because my first pregnancy was fine, I mean the nausea was there, but not being able to eat carbs, was not!  My first prenatal appt is in a week and I already have a list of questions lol!
     I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and how did you overcome it?
    You eat what you can stomach. The 1st tri is about survival.  Food aversions is not uncommon. You eat what you can.  When you can.

You can't compare pregnancies, as no two pregnancies are the same.  Just because you didn't have a symptom or aversion one pregnancy doesn't mean you are clear the next.  
  • I would feel miserable when I ate gluten in my last pregnancy.  It was terrible.  I felt sick/had aversion to rice with both my boys.  My oldest had fpies turned IGE allergy to rice, and my youngest appears to have fpies to rice too, so I am worried there is a reason I have aversion to rice.   At the same time, I couldn’t stomach chicken in any of my pregnancies, but the kids aren’t allergic to chicken.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thats interesting.  I’ve heard about a few ppl having reactions to rice, but that is crazy that your aversion to rice maybe had some affect on both your boys having an allergic reaction to rice.  But yes, the gluten kills me.  I just hope my second trimester will be better.