July 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/28/20

Re: FFFC 2/28/20

• Options
    Hahaha I’ve been giggling about this since yesterday and the discussion about shaving. FFFC- DH shaves my armpits majority of the time. He’s so much better at it and can get a better angle. The first time it was a joke while I was pregnant and he was helping me shave my legs. Now it’s become a thing. 
  • Options
    @kc0711 :D So many questions....how bad of an angle are you getting? lol... I feel like I'm able to adequately shave my own pits. Do you guys shower together sometimes and he just hits your pits while in there with you? Or are you calling him from the other room to take care of it? haha... this is cracking me up for some reason.

When it's all said and done, whatever works for you guys! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kc0711 That gives me a chuckle for the day.  I have noticed my belly now gets in the way on legs more how easily I can bend.  I can only imagine that gets harder and harder.
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @bluguitarhannah I have to hike my leg up to this shelf in our shower to shave. It's about mid-bicep height for me. I imagine it's going to be super challenging as my pregnancy progresses lol. But, with my last pregnancy, I was able to shave the knee and below without issue the entire time.... I was blind shaving my pubic area by the end though :D It was a high risk, moderate reward situation there lol
  • Options
    @blaf322 we shower together most of the time, it is kind of our time together to just chat and reconnect. We also have a very small, I mean VERY SMALL, shower right now so you hit the walls when you raise your arms up. So I just stand there with my arms up and he does it so I don’t bang my elbows on the walls!
  • Options
    @kc0711 I guess my UO, with you at least, is that I haaaate showering with someone else. There's always water spraying in my face and someone is always cold lol.... the exception is showering with DD. She doesn't seem to care about those things and is living her best life in there haha
  • Options
    Haha I’m probably going to get one last shot at shaving my legs and pubic area before delivery. I’ll need to make sure I’m well rested beforehand though. 

I’m lame guys, and never have anything to contribute to FFFC, but I’m here reading and giving ❤️!
  • Options
    @pocketrose that sounds like a dream breakfast. I’ve been known to grab a handful of chocolate chips first thing in the morning sometimes so no shame from me
  • Options
    Sooo many sex dreams! But so little sex drive when awake.... ugh. 
  • Options
    @blaf322 I get what you’re saying - I was always sure my babies were going to be late (and I was right), but then I’d have these sudden freak out moments of what if they came early? I hated being pregnant at the end, but baby coming early still freaked me out, kind of for all the reasons you’re mentioning. So makes sense - but I think there are some obvious good things about it, and hopefully knowing this far in advance will give you time to get used to the idea and be all set (or as much as possible) by the time he gets here!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I'm such a planner... .knowing so far in advance is immensely helpful for me, mentally. As long as I have time to process, I'm usually okay with just about anything.
    Also, even though I'd love to stay off of them, getting back on meds seems inevitable for this pregnancy and PP. Having that in my system will get me back to my normal, happy, positive-attitude having self :smile:
  • Options
    @kc0711 that's a pretty good FFFC!! I'm with @blaf322 I also don't like showering with someone. We did when we were dating just because, but yeah taking a hot shower has become my "me" time to the point where I get annoyed if DH even walks in the bathroom lol.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean you, in the shower :D 

• Options
    @blaf322 :D it's true! Usually I'll just let out a deep sigh that I know he can hear, then he usually says "what, you don't want me in here??" Although I always interrupt him in the shower lol. DD likes to give him high fives through the glass.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean For me it's why are you walking in while I'm peeing etc.  The shower I can deal with and just ignore.  Just don't deliberately come in to talk to me while I'm peeing for no good reason. 
  • Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited February 2020
    DH and I had our tax appointment earlier this week and the kids were told they could have whatever they could find for supper, and long as my dd(14) made something for my youngest (7). We got home 3 hours later and my ten year old ate a corn dog, ice cream, and red bull for supper. 🙄 We only have red bull in the garage fridge because it's leftover from making cherry bombs with friends over the summer. I guess I should be more specific, but at the same time... he didn't die. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @modoodles :D the red bull hahaha.... meh, they're fine! I support your decision!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I'm sure I'll be a little salty then too :D Maybe not... my Prozac will be in full effect by then haha
  • Options
    @mamaJellyBean HA! That is pretty bad. That would be a fun GTKY. I'm sure everyone has some good ones to share. Now I have to think of one of ours. 
    @modoodles oooops! I mean I guess good they didn't open a white claw or beer instead!?  :D
    @stlbuckeye132 SAME! H still has a stack he never wrote on, but I addressed and stamped. Mostly mad to waste a stamp. 
  • Options
    @meanjellybean omg... that's so bad :D so, so bad lol
  • Options
    This might be more of a UO, but my confession is that I get unreasonably angry at certain types of vacation photos on social media. Specifically, ones that either show the fancy resort they’re staying at, of just like their relaxing poolside or ocean view perspective. If they post pictures of them doing cool stuff or something interesting, I’m into that. But pictures that are just like, “I’m on vacation look at the amazing resort I’m staying at and you’re not because you can barely take time off and when you do you always end up being sick or just cleaning your house and you never get to go anywhere good but it’s 80 degrees here and there’s a swim-up bar FYI!”

Those posts make me so ragey. And I wish I was way more chill about it because I realize they should be totally fine. 😂
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I definitely think this could function in a dual capacity (FFFC/UO). I love seeing those kind of photos! 
  • Options
    I just need to plan my own resort vacation one of these days. I just get too jealous. 😂
  • Options
  • Options
    Summer MTO (Mom's Time Out) sign came out last Thursday and I immediately signed up all the dates I could June -August. 

It is 9am-noon and $12 (last year $10) and they only take 12 kids per day. You're allowed 2 sessions per week so I alternated between one-two sessions so as to not hog....

It was filled up in a few days (my gf couldnt get in bc she waited).

I can always cancel so yea...