Pregnant after IF
Options

All Trimester Check In Feb 24

wildrainbowwildrainbow member
edited February 2020 in Pregnant after IF
Look at me posting on timepastime? (Edit: GTKY)

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10 (boy)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

Re: All Trimester Check In Feb 24

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 15+2/ Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? Ok. Heartburn is trying to kill me, I'm sure of it. Lot more aches and pains
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: today is ds1's birthday! He's 4 and I cant believe it. We went through so much to get him here and that little spitfire of a miracle is 4! Rant: Baby has been in a funky position and it's been painful. No amount of pushing, moving, anything has moved him and I'm not appreciative of his stubborn attitude. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow, regular OB. I'm going to have to talk to them about all my itching, it's  really ramped up and I'm hoping Cholestasis hasnt made its appearance yet. 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? I love to read and crochet. I'm debating whether I'm going to make this baby something or not. I will prolly make him a hat. I need to make a blanket for my friend who is due a month before me. 
  • Options

@wildrainbow Sorry to hear that...same boat here.  I am really concerned about what is coming, if at 17w when I am starting to show, assuming my stomach is just starting to being pushed…I can’t imagine what will the 3rd trimester look like.  On Friday I had really bad bad pain on my chest.  I had tums and some vanilla ice cream that ease the burning and pain sensation for a while, but then it came back.  Its only happening during the night time.  Is there anyone else with this issue? Any other thing I can take, other than tums?

How far along/EDD? 17+5/ Jul 29

How are you feeling this week? Headaches are better, not daily and more manageable now.  Heartburn is the thing now.  I just wish I could take something else than tums.

Rants/Raves? Questions? Had an OB appointment on Friday and I heard baby’s HB….best sound ever! That is all, all I need, don’t care about the headaches and heartburn, that sound heals all.  Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan and first high risk appointment on March 12 and then regular OB appointment on March 20

GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? Knitting, love it and also really helped with my PGAL brain during the first weeks, its basically therapy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    artemis618artemis618 member
    edited February 2020
    @wildrainbow @angelina1919. Sorry to hear about the awful heartburn.  Ah a reminder of things to come.  With DD I fortunately never actually yakked because of "morning" sickness, but the couple of times I really thought I was going to puke were from heartburn.  I'd never experienced before, and it was REALLY unpleasant.  I hope it eases up for you both soon!
    • How far along/EDD?  12w5d / 9/2 w/repeat c-section planned for 8/26
    • How are you feeling this week?  Just tired and still nauseated.  I think the nausea's actually gotten worse :( 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  NT scan on Friday was fine, NIPT (and ultrasound tech) confirmed that they put the right one back in (it is indeed a boy), though he's measuring about 4 days ahead (compared to DD was around 20th percentile from the beginning pretty much till she started eating solid food - I guess this baby will be bigger).  Otherwise, I just wish I knew what was going on in there...  Last week of commuting downtown with DD!
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Not till 16 weeks with OB.
    • GTKY: What's your favorite pastime?  I haven't gone since before transfer (lazy/first tri fatigue/nausea), but dancing (ballet & tap, lyrical jazz but too much floor work while knocked up).
    EDIT:  Oh, I did think of a question:  Did any of you take Zofran for nausea after 12 weeks?  I'm a little paranoid about it because there's basically no good data, but also my OB wouldn't have prescribed it (for after 12 weeks) if he thought there was an issue with it?
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 16w+2/Aug 8
    • How are you feeling this week? I think I’m finally recovering from a cold but now I have seasonal allergies. Ugh
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Whoa bump! I don’t remember being this big at this stage with my first pregnancy. I’ve finally started gaining weight which is good. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan and an appt with my OB mid March. 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite pastime? I’m embarrassed to admit, but just curling up in bed and surfing the net or watching British crime shows. Current fave is Silent Witness. I also love to walk and explore the neighborhood. I used to love to read but the only thing I’ve read lately have been scientific journals and clinical reports for work. :(
    @wildrainbow and @angelina1919 I’m sorry for the heartburn. Hope it lets up soon. I have a ton of respect for ladies who can knit and crochet. I tried once in grad school but I was so not good at it (kept dropping stitches) that I gave up in frustration. 
    @artemis618 Dancing! That’s a great pastime! Wish I could dance well but I have no rhythm (or moves). I dance a lot with my son (mostly baby shark and other nursery rhymes) but he doesn’t judge so it’s alright. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - happy birthday to your son!! ☺️ Any fun birthday plans/parties? Sorry to hear about the heartburn! It’s so incredibly unpleasant! And the itching sounds awful as well - hope you find some relief soon!

@angelina1919 - also sorry to hear that you’re dealing with bad heartburn. I’ve had it on and off, but not really bad, so don’t have any tips to offer unfortunately. Glad you got to hear the heartbeat - isn’t it just unreal?! 😄

@artemis618 - sorry to hear you’re still having nausea. My nausea/vomiting lasted into the second trimester and really only started to decrease around week 14. Hope you get some relief soon. I was prescribed Diclectin in my first trimester and, although it didn’t take away the full nausea, it definitely decreased it. And I’ve been on it for my whole pregnancy because when I stopped taking it the nausea and vomiting came back. My doctor says it’s safe to take throughout pregnancy. I’ve heard it doesn’t work for everyone, but it’s been a life saver for me. 
    • How far along/EDD? 38w 3/9
    • How are you feeling this week? Physically still feeling pretty good, just more discomfort at night after a full day. I think I’m emotionally doing better than last week in that I’m feeling more ready and excited to meet this little guy! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? It’s my last day of work today!! My colleagues surprised me with some lovely baby gifts and it’s just crazy knowing it’s my last day until I return in 18 months (yes, I know I’m totally spoiled for mat leave here in Canada). 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Just regular OB appointment on Thursday. 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? Love to read with a big cup of tea. Also used to be quite the piano player, but have fallen away a bit from it lately. I’m looking forward to playing some tunes for baby at some point. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow Happy Birthday to your son! Are you having a big birthday party for him?
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 22, 7/1
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired, had Braxton Hicks a lot over weekend.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? It was a stressful weekend.  FIL is in ICU and we had my best friend's mom's memorial service Saturday. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? March 12 next OB
    • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? Fused glass is my hobby. I also watch a ton of tv.
    Work is also hectic so I know I've been pretty mia here. 

It's great to see all the updates.  @since@sincethelastday I'm so stoked to see you this close! 

• Options
    @cashewchicken No, we aren't. I feel terrible, but it's not in the cards with H's work schedule. Ds1 would be devastated if he wasnt there, so I didnt want to do anything without him. We are going to do a dinner with friends for him to be celebrated on Friday. I will get a small cake so he can blow out candles and he will be happy. 
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 23+1, 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? Mostly good. Headaches are still daily but the magnesium seems to be helping. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I’m very anxious for my appts this week. Hoping and praying BP is good. Also excited to see baby girl again on the echo. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on Thursday and Fetal echo on Friday
    • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? I’ve recently picked up knitting which has been fun to learn. Also video games and tv. 

@wildrainbow happy birthday to your son!

@angelina1919 sorry about the heartburn but yay for hearing the HB seriously best sound ever!

@sincethelastday you are so close! So excited for you and super jealous of your mat leave!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    **lurking**
    @wildrainbow have you tried a deep bath tub or pool? I found getting in deeper water would help the baby float around/readjust their position and can give relief when they are sitting in a weird spot. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wildrainbow Awww happy birthday to your baby!!!

@sincethelastday Definitely jealous of your 18 months of maternity leave! I could get on my soapbox about mat leave in the US but I'll just sit here fuming quietly :lol:

• How far along/EDD? 34+3, due 4/4 but scheduled C 3/30
    • How are you feeling this week? Not terrible, but of course not great. I feel really pregnant, which has been the case for a few weeks now. I got my maternity photos back from our photographer though and they are so magically beautiful that I don't feel as gross anymore. It was a lovely reminder of how special this time is. I'm also really excited because my baby sprinkle is this weekend!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? How do people physically take care of 2 kids at once? Haha, I know we'll figure it out. But this whole pregnancy I've been wondering this. Obviously people manage having more than one or even LOTS of kids at once. Just wondering what life is actually going to be like since this baby is coming in less than 5 weeks!
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST+OB visit Friday morning. Because of NSTs I'm actually there once a week already and starting in 2 weeks I'll be there twice a week for NSTs (once a week for OB too). Lots of appointments when literally all I want to do is lay around the house!
    • GTKY: What's your favorite passtime? Like some of you, I used to LOVE knitting. The last thing I knitted was a couple of beanies for my daughter when she was a baby (and they still fit her!) I want to start again.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @emmasemm Congrats!! I'm so happy thinks went smoothly. Definitely make sure you're moving and walking as much as possible, it really helps the recover, which seems counterintuitive. I'm so happy she is here and I love her name!! Congrats, mama and enjoy those sweet snuggles!
  • Options
    @emmasemm Congratulations!! Welcome Holly Reese!! Its great to read your news and how you and your baby are doing so good.  Take advantage of having all the support at the hospital :) 
  • Options
    @emmasemm Congrats!!! So happy everything went smoothly and that she is here! Enjoy all the snuggles ❤️

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @emmasemm Congratulations, mama! I'm so happy for you, and especially so after such a long journey. Love the alliteration - that's a big part of the reason why I picked DD's first name :p. Absolutely take advantage of all the resources available to you in the hospital. We actually went back and saw the lactation consultants three times after we left. And I am fully prepared to be judged for using the nursery with this kid (we did for DD too in the beginning because we'd been there for like 36 hours by the time we got to recovery and figured the nurses could more reliably care for her than we could at that point because we were exhausted). Enjoy getting to know your new person!
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• Options
    @emmasemm Congratulations! Must be such a relief to hold the baby in your arms! I’m amazed that you were able to hold her for 4 hours while she slept. You’re such a good mama!
    @sincethelastday I’m jealous of the maternal leave policy in Canada. Do moms in Canada take any time off work prior to birth? I was just wondering since my state (California) has a mat leave policy that’s no where near as generous as Canada but allows women to take four weeks off (or more with complications) prior to the due date. 
    @wildrainbow Got it. B-day party without his dad will be no fun. Dinner with a cake sounds wonderful too!
    @wifeinraleigh28 I’ve wondered the same. I remember the first night back from the hospital after the birth of my son, I was on the verge of breakdown and wondered how in the world people handle multiple kids when I can’t even take care of one. Well now I can take care of one, but I still wonder how people take care of two? I’m hoping my son will learn to be more gentle from now until the baby comes (5 months from now) so at least I don’t have to worry about my son accidentally hurting his little sister. 
    @31magnolia Congrats on your normal result! That must be such a huge relief. And it’s a girl! I’m expecting a girl, too. 
  • Options
    @emmasemm Congrats! That sounds like a great experience. 
    @sincethelastday I'm trying to not be bitter about maternity leave in Texas.  Met with HR yesterday and it just stinks.
    @31magnolia Those results must be a relief.
  • Options
    @31magnolia congrats on great results and welcome to team pink!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited February 2020
    Thanks everyone! I'm still overwhelmed with happiness. My SO has been sending me baby girl names all day. It's an adjustment because he also got used to the thought of it being a boy. He already has a son though so I don't think it's that big of deal. His poor son though, he'll now have three sisters. Lol. 

@emmasemm - Congrats lady!!!! Glad everything went smoothly and I love the name. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - I bet your pictures are just beautiful. I'm debating if I want to get some done.

@hanshotfirst77 - OMG. I had the most terrible headache this past weekend. It lasted day and night for 48hours! My doctor gave me Tylenol with codeine and even it didn't help. I was so bad when i was sleeping. I'll have to try the magnesium. One thing I did notice is that I only get the really bad ones over the weekend, when my schedule is all off. Not sure if that's just coincidence or what.

@bluguitarhannah - sorry you had such a stressful weekend. 

@sincethelastday - I am beyond jealous at your maternity leave. Just one more thing to add to the pros for Canada. 

@wildrainbow - I had heartburn for the first time last night. Grant it I did eat fried food and added buffalo sauce to it (in hindsight not a good idea), but it was painful!! That was the first time I've had it all pregnancy, so I can't even imagine how you're feeling! Of course I had to eat some vanilla ice cream after to make me feel better. :)
  • Options
    @emmasemm - ahhh, congratulations!! 🎉🎉 So happy to hear that everything went smoothly with the c-section and that you’re feeling pretty good! Just hearing you describe your baby makes me feel so excited to finally have mine! Enjoy these first few days of cuddles and getting to know your little Holly! Thanks for letting us all know!

@cashewchicken - yes, you can technically take time off before maternity leave officially begins. The way to do it is take banked vacation time or even a sick leave if necessary. This week and next week I’m technically using vacation time and my mat leave won’t actually begin until March 9th. Yeah, it’s crazy how spoiled we are in Canada with mat/parental leave - I wish everyone could have equal, more time! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday Just wanted to say that if I had 18 months, the risk that I wouldn't come back at all would be very real :p. It's great that your job is protected for that long though!
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Options
    @emmasemm Many many congratulations! I am so happy for you, especially that Holly is a calm baby and that you're getting good support from all the staff around you. Sounds like Germany is a better place to be than France as far as breastfeeding goes...
    I'll see you over on the New Mums thread ;-) if I ever manage to find time to post again... 

• Options
    @cigaline - I saw your post over on last week’s thread and first just wanted to offer you a big congratulations on the birth of your son, Hugo!!! I also wanted to thank you for your raw honesty about what the last several days have been like as a new mom. I’m sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience at the maternity wing of your hospital and that it sounds like you didn’t get the breastfeeding support that you should have received. As someone nearing 39 weeks, hearing your account does put some more perspective into some of the challenges I may be facing and just how hard new motherhood can be. I feel inadequate to offer any “tips” or real sound encouragement as I haven’t gotten to the point of new parenthood yet, but I really hope that you get the support that you need in whatever form that looks like and that things start getting easier. I can so imagine that I would be feeling the same way as you with feeling inadequate, but it sounds like you are doing an AMAZING job at supporting and caring for your son!! Will be thinking of you and hope to see you somewhat soon in the new mom’s thread! 
  • Options
    @emmasemm @cigaline wow, congratulations ladies! So happy for both of your arrivals! :heart:

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Thanks @sincethelastday. I’m excited for you to join the New Mums group so we can share all these new experiences. Didn’t want to alarm you but since going through all this myself I’ve come across so many friends who struggled with breastfeeding, and I had no idea! I think that it’s just worth being aware that many people find that it isn’t all plain sailing, and need quite a bit of help before they get it right. That way if it isn’t easy for you, firstly you know you’re not alone, and secondly know that there are many good sources of support, from websites like kellymom if it’s something relatively simple to IBC lactation consultants for in-person expertise. Don’t know what the support is like in Canadian hospitals, but if it isn’t enough, don’t hesitate to advocate for yourself and seek out other support networks, because thankfully there are plenty of them.