Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 2/24

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? 
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 2/24

• bows22bows22 member
    edited February 2020

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 17 including 2 benched 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pessimistic but hopeful if that makes sense?

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag:  We had a really nice weekend. I had to work on Saturday but I left earlier and surprised DH and DD at the end of their swim class. DD was so happy to see me “mommy’s here! mommy’s here!” We all went out to lunch together and then I took DD home so that DH could do a couple of things. I know he loves the time with DD but the lack of free time during tax season is getting to him. Then we saw some friends we haven’t seen in awhile, they don’t have kids so we went out to dinner, then came home and had drinks/played a game after DD went to bed. It was SO nice!

GTKY: The first thing that comes to mind is DD’s inhaler. It’s an effort to get out the door in the morning and that’s not something we can really skip so if I see it somewhere other than her room I always put it back. I’m sure there are more things though. I’m not a clean freak by any means but I’m very scatterbrained so things have to have a place. 

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? both 14

Any thoughts about this cycle? Our timing wasn't great (only O) because I had the flu. Oh well, I'm just expecting AF sometime soon. Hopefully we have much better timing next cycle. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Had a great trip this weekend to ATL. We helped my mom move so it was super busy but it is always nice to see my family! We are super close and my sisters and I have big age gaps between us, they are 17 and 7, so I always try to visit often so I don't miss the milestones in their childhoods. Back to work today, getting ready for midterms next week, so that isn't so fun, lol!

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? Hmmm... there are a few things like keys, remotes, etc.. but my current biggest thing is when the blankets on our bed are not centered/are sliding off of one side. For some reason this drives me nuts, lol! DH and the dogs are always sitting on one side of the bed and pulling them down to the floor and I can't stand it. That counts as out of place, right?  :D

@bows22 Sounds like you had a really great weekend! That is awesome to hear :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 Being Pessimistic but hopeful is what I am all about  :D:D  Your weekend sounds wonderful! I love the relationship you and YH seem to have, you seem to balance each other nicely and have such great respect for one another!! I wish we lived closer because I know the 4 of us would get along so well! haha Isn't it such a great feeling to hear/see how excited our little ones get when they weren't expecting us and then they see us?! Ugh such a heart warming moment!! What game did you guys play?

@bserena are you feeling better yet? Like, fully recovered from the flu? Sounds like you had a great trip to see your family! 

What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 17 / 14 (still WFAF from this past medicated cycle)

WTO/TWW? Still not sure.... WFAF I guess!

Ages of other child(ren)? 7.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Literally, I have zero thoughts! Just NTNP and also, don't know what my body is doing or where I'm at in my cycle so I can't really have any expectations then!

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had a great weekend too! Busy, but great! I played bingo Saturday night with my mom and in-laws and a few other women we know. It was a nice night filled with wine and laughs! We took my parents out to dinner last night for my dad's birthday. We went to this awesome Italian restaurant that makes all of their pastas in house and it was amazing!! 

I need this week to fly by so that DH and I can be on our way to FL with our friends. Her parents have a house down there they invited us to go down with them from Friday-Monday for a couples weekend! We are so looking forward to getting away and clearing our minds!

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place?  - ummmmm everything?! hahaha I'm very particular where things go, especially any holiday decorations I put up but I guess I go craziest when we can't find the remote... which DS tends to lose often hahaha

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Month/Cycle? 5/9

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 and 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m feeling pretty good about it. Definitely feeling hopeful

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: my nephew is the cutest thing! So tiny! Definitely has me hoping this is my cycle for sure! 

1.5 year old can’t stop painting murals in Vaseline or in yesterday’s case vicks.... I even moved them up higher! 

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? 
    My eye mask. I can’t sleep without it and if it isn’t under my pillow panic almost sets in. 
  • @bows22 that mindset is where I am at now too. Glad you had a nice weekend! 
    @bserena glad you had a good trip. I didn’t even think of keys! Ugh so true! 
    @kpearse99 so sorry this cycle has been so long. Hoping things clear up for you soon! I am the same way about holiday decor! Especially the tree 😂
  • @allthingscozy hahaha OMG the tree!!!! I rearrange the ornaments after DH and DS go to bed  :D:D  Is that terrible??!! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Month/Cycle? 2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5, 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m not sure...our timing was really good but I can’t help but feel uneasy that I’m Oing so early in my cycle. I guess I could still be adjusting to post-IUD life. We’ll see what happens. 

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had a nice 3-day weekend, enjoyed our random snow day! Just hated that it was DH’s weekend to work. Yesterday the weather was beautiful so I took the kiddos to the park and it was so much fun! 

Clothes!!! I don’t understand how I’m the only person in the house who knows how to put dirty clothes in a basket. It makes the house look so much messier when there are clothes on the floor. Oh and also shoes!! Do not leave your shoes in the middle of the floor!! 
  • @bows22 sounds like a great weekend! I’m sorry you’re having to work so much right now! 
    @bserena omg, that drives me CRAZY too!! Plus every time DH sleeps in the bed it’s like a tornado went through it, I can’t handle sleeping in bed if the blankets aren’t perfectly centered, lol. I have to fix it every night (he works night shift so he sleeps during the day) after he’s been in it. 
    @kpearse99 my DS is always losing the remote too 🙄 must be a 7yo boy thing. 😂 I’m so sorry your cycle is being whacky!! I’m glad you are going to be able to get away and have some time to relax and reset!
    @allthingscozy1 lol! Can’t help but laugh at the Vaseline murals. Maybe you need to get some finger paints! :)

• @kpearse99 no because I do the same thing but then again I may be a horrible person 😂 
    @kitkatz1990 right? They even have bath paint for that purpose but will they play with it? Of course not 😂
  • @allthingscozy1 Vaseline is waaaaay more fun 😉😂
  • @bserena glad you had a nice weekend with your family! That’s great that you are able to see them often. I’m sure it helps that they live somewhere with a million flights that go there? You probably rack up the delta miles! I hope you’re feeling better, I’m sorry you had crappy timing but it only takes once so at least you have a shot! 

@kpearse99 girl I wish we lived closer too! I know we would all be great friends! I’m so jealous of your trip! We’ve never gone on vacation with another couple but it seems like a short trip like that would be perfect. What a nice getaway!

@allthingscozy omg tiny babies 😫 that’s the best/worst. My friend had a baby in December and now I understand what people mean when they say their ovaries ache haha

@kitkatz1990 I always say if clothes aren’t in a hamper then they aren’t getting washed! It has served me well with DH, I hope it works for DD too (although I’m certain it won’t). Also I would give it a few more cycles post-IUD before worrying about early O. But hopefully you will just get KU and not have to worry about it at all!
  • Hello all! I intro’ed last week but wanted to wait to jump in. Get a feel for everyone! Hope it’s ok if I join you now. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 1yo

Any thoughts about this cycle? It took us 3 years last time we tried, so I’m anxious. People keep telling me “but your body knows what to do now!” and, however well meaning, it’s like, that’s not how biology works folks but OK. Ugh

Any questions? Nada 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Work has been insane this week, but the days are going by quickly and I got a huge, complicated project done today that felt good to finish! Hoping DD adjusts to daycare, as she’s been with my mother for the past year and likes to be held a lot as a result. She cried off and on all day on Monday and I felt awful! 

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? Shoes. There’s a shoe rack by the side door and either DD steals and hides them or DH leaves his wherever he knows will most likely trip or annoy me. 
  • @kitkatz1990 Same on the laundry. I cannot fathom how one constantly misses the hamper. 

@allthingscozy I caught my 1yo trying to eat the Vaseline yesterday. Whyyyyy
  • crizz13crizz13 member
    edited February 2020
    What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 6

WTO/TWW? WTO (I just autocorrected to WTF and that's also appropriate..ha!)

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 and 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I've had weird temps and random days of ewcm, so really hoping my body knows what it's doing. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I had an ob appointment last week and I was SURE she was going to refer me to the RE, but nope. She wants me to give it one more month/cycle. So, here we are. 

GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? Well it's not really a thing that is out of place, but I cannot STAND when cabinet doors or drawers are left open. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey, so I'll admit that I totally posted and ghosted this thread earlier this week. I wanted to get the thread up but then I had a big wave of a lot of stuff come up in my life. I hope everyone is doing well!
    @bows22 I'm glad you got to see YD at the end of swim class and got to go out with friends. It's nice to be able to take breaks like that. I also completely understand the frustration of having meds, particularly something as important as an inhaler, to keep track of. I used to have asthma, so that one's a scary one to lose.
    @bserena It's great that your trip to ATL was good. I hope your midterms go well next week!
    @kpearse99 Wine and bingo sounds great! I hope you have a great time in Florida this weekend!
    @allthingscozy I need to keep creams in a latched cabinet to keep my kids from getting to them. They're not super expensive. Maybe an idea if moving things higher still doesn't keep your little out of them?
    @kitkatz1990 I had one cycle where I O'ed on CD 7 after my IUD was removed. It happens sometimes. Hormone regulation is a bit of a pain. I definitely get where you're coming from.
    @cassafrass15 Glad to have you here! I'm sorry there are people dismissive of your concerns given how long TTC took for your first LO. For your sake, I hope it doesn't take that long this time around. I'm sending lots of good vibes to you!
    @crizz13 I hope this cycle goes well for you, but I'm glad your ObGyn has a plan to refer you if it doesn't.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 3/4 (2 unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? CD 1 today- no real thoughts yet, just glad I get to try again. Last cycle was off.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag: Had my post-op follow up this week and things looked great. My ObGyn was really happy with how things looked and is glad my pain is going down, even if we still don't know the cause of the pain.
    YDS's doctor emailed me and wants us to set up a GFR study for his kidneys soon. I'm nervous about that because it might mean that they found something on his last round of labs that they're concerned about. I know he'll eventually need a transplant, I just don't want it to be now.
    I found out this week that my girlfriend's mom is dying, so I went down to the city to spend a day with her. It was hard. She's struggling a lot and there's only so much I can do to help her.
    It's also finals week this week- last day of the term is tomorrow. Exams have been awful and I'm stuck writing a term paper that I hate. Currently lurking TB to just take a break from it all. If I have everything done by 7pm tomorrow I'll be headed up to goth night at a local club which would be a nice celebratory present after the shit storm that was this week.
    GTKY: What is one thing in your house that will drive you nuts if it's out of place? My car keys. MH constantly borrows my car and doesn't hang my keys back up by the back door and it drives me nuts. I hate not being able to just grab them and go in the morning when I take ODS to school.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking thanks! We ended up moving them to a closet with a baby latch on the door :)