May 2020 Moms

FFFC 2/21

Whatcha got this week?

Re: FFFC 2/21

• @bender29

1.  my husband is exactly the same and I find it a little disappointing
    2.  I am ok with some hand me downs, but my mom (with all good intentions) mentioned that something was on sale the other day at Target and she didn't know how different it was from that item on my registry and maybe it makes me a little snot, but I basically shut her down and explained there are lots of differences and I spent a lot of time researching said item and there's are reasons I picked the specific brand/item that is on my registry.  Some things I want what I want too.  +1 for being a germaphobe, it's more me being paranoid of bedbugs due to a past incident with some second hand furniture (and working in a hotel)
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 I end up donating or selling on FB marketplace and bunch of brand new Christmas gifts every year too. After 16 year my in-laws still haven’t figured me out yet 😬
  • @rox7777 two nights ago I ate ice cream for dinner too!  

Food has been hard for me and this past week I feel like I have been spending far too much on food because every meal is an impulse purchase based on what I think I can actually stomach eating.
  • @pirateduck that has been my whole pregnancy! Every week my husband asks what I want for groceries and I can’t come up with anything 
  • My FFFC- I love hand-me-downs. If I'm lucky, I pick out one outfit per size at 9 months and up, but we're too broke to buy stuff generally, unless it's Walmart or goodwill. Not ashamed, it's just the truth. 

For car seats and strollers though we save up, use generous family gifts, and definitely research heavily and get what of want, though our last car seat didn't get the color I wanted, because stupid Amazon sale was $50 or more less for gray.Gray is fine. 

I love people that donate brand new stuff. If anyone gets a whole bunch of clothes they don't want, I'd happily pay usps ground shipping for a soft envelope full of clothes, lol. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I tole my SIL the same, I'm happy to send her money for shipping if she will send boxes of clothes.
  • I don't mind hand me downs, as long as they're nice. When people send holey, stained, ripped etc stuff it irks me. I'm not a donation station. I recently went through all of DS's clothes and picked out a few pieces that were in good condition and looked like something my brother and SIL would like for their baby boy, instead of dumping 6 garbage bags full of crap on their front porch, that all went to goodwill.
  • I also love hand me downs, especially for clothes! I shopped garage sales and FB marketplace for DD, most of her clothes have been second hand. My cousin just brought me 2 bins of boys hand me down clothes. We have decided that all shoes will be/have been new though. I also do not do second hand car seats. I've been giving SIL all of DD's hand me downs since their DD is 1 year younger.

My FFFC is that yesterday I had my 3 hour glucose test. I had to take a half day of vacation and planned on working the second half of the day. I did warn my boss ahead of time that I felt really terrible all day the last time I did this test. So I called out "sick" the rest of the day, which I didn't have to use any time for. While I did go home and rest because I didn't feel great, I really was fine enough to go back to work.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I forgot mine earlier, but just remembered. MIL brought over a bag of lindor truffles last night. DH and I each had a few and I took the rest to work with me. Our daughter has a sweet tooth! Lol
  • On the subject of hand me downs: DS2 for now gets all of DS1’s hand me downs. It’s practical. They’re only a size apart and nothing lasts more than 6 months before it’s outgrown. However, I do buy him new stuff to mix in regularly. As someone that wore hand me downs until I moved out I can say that I absolutely detest them. If the kids start to complain about them, I’ll buy them new stuff. 

Maybe I’m just super picky too. I’ve gotten to the age where I like what I like and want what I want. I can’t always go drop money right this second but I save, shop sales and buy a few things at a time to have what I want. We bought everything for baby over the last few months on our own while paying a huge delivery bill too. It was important that I love everything and have the nursery I wanted, so we made it happen. 

• @shamrocandroll yes! I’ve made a few donations of my clothes, some with tags and some barely worn, to a local women’s shelter. I prefer doing that over goodwill!
  • Hand me downs from certain people I do but I can't just get random things from people, they go to Goodwill. DF has a hard time with this because he grew up mainly in hand me downs from everyone and I just can't do it. DS wears all new stuff really and DS2 will as well. I mean there are somethings i have kept that DS2 can wear like under armour and nike sweats and shirts etc. but when things get stained or holes I get rid of them. Also I am weird about socks for some reason and they will not share those ever. 
  • Lol @jrouge12 that's funny.  I'm the opposite, I'm like "OMG so and so just got their bfp!" he goes, oh that's great.  He couldn't care less, but he gets to hear about my bump family  :D
  • @jrouge12 DH doesn’t know about the bump at all! Probably has no idea I was on for DS in Nov 15 and no idea about this one either. 🤷‍♀️
  • @JStill0603 I'm glad I'm not the only one! 
  • I'm all about hand me downs that I can go through, select what I want and donate the rest without feeling bad. MIL likes to pick up clothes from God knows where clearly used, today she showed me an awful jacket that someone gave her sister to give to dd. She said it's a 3 but it will fit next winter... My kid is wearing 18 months still, and there's no way she's wearing that ugly jacket. 
  • @sunshinesea22 That sounds totally worth the cost!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @sunshinesea22 Good for you guys, keeping the toxic crap out. My family has basically cut off two of my cousins (who are like siblings to me, our moms are sisters and very very close, also still young), because of toxic behavior and terrible choices. We've made it clear that if ever they want help getting their lives turned around, we're here for them 100%, but they have to be ready, and right now they're convinced everyone is just out to get them. What can you do?
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker