What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 2/20

• Options
    What's going on this week? Vacation! We've just been hanging around the house which is nice. I've done some organizing but not quite what I wanted. But hey I cleaned the bathroom this morning, win! And I went for my glucose test yesterday, checking off my to-do.

How far along are you? 27+5

Upcoming appointments? Monday for a check up and hopefully being told I passed the 1-hour.

Cravings/Symptoms? The heartburn is the most constant. Standing up is becoming more of a challenge too. I guess nothing too out of the ordinary. It helps that this week has been restful.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I set up a count down to encourage DD to poop on the potty. Last night was the last chance and she refused to go. All of my prizes apparently she could, in her words "pretend to play with". I know our next step is to put her to bed with no diaper but I'm really not in the mood to clean up that mess or have her hold it so long I have to do the suppository thing again. I mean, she'll at least be doing it by the time she's 16, right?

Questions? I noticed the hospital where I'll deliver (and delivered DD) has a sibling class (how to hold a baby, change a diaper). I'm thinking about signing up. It's only 2 hours once. I know it's all stuff she could learn from us but it think it sounds cute. Have any of you done anything like that?
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I haven't done the sibling class and didn't know they did those, but I think it sounds like a great way to get the siblings involved and excited!

What's going on this week? Just work. I had a meeting with HR yesterday and learned that STD starts when my doctor puts me out, so now I'm feeling pressured to work longer than I probably should. Ugh. 

How far along are you? 28 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments? OB next Friday.

Cravings/Symptoms? I have a hard time eating.  Nothing sounds good. But when I do eat, I realize I was apparently starving. Also, Braxton Hicks.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm so excited this week is almost over. I just need a couple days to lay around.

Questions? Is anyone else having constant BH's? I was thinking I might need to go to L&D this morning, they were so bad. Usually it's just a hard stomach, but today I could actually feel it tightening. I had to sit/rest a lot and drink tons of water, and now they're better. But OMG. It's actually pretty miserable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ruby696 I'm hoping to go over my due date for school reasons but I have a date I plan to ask the doctor to say I'm done working. I know with twins the timeline for you will be different but I say when you feel done working, tell your doctor. Hopefully the BH aren't anything. Maybe ask your doctor for a note for work where you get to keep your feet up all day and someone brings you water and whatever else you need! 
  • Options
    What's going on this week? DD has her last day of gymnastics at the Y tomorrow. We start swimming next week! Other than that not a whole lot, probably just catching up on stuff around the house. I have to edit photos from my newborn shoot still.

How far along are you? 28+1

Upcoming appointments? Monday with Endo for third tri thyroid check, Thursday for a massage. Then March 3 Dietitian, OB and hair appointment. Then March 9 Endo for GD. I plan on canceling the GD appointments if my numbers are fine.

Cravings/Symptoms? Red meat lately. Other than that I am feeling pretty good.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I was diagnosed with GD and I am already so over the way my practice manages it. I am prepared to push back super hard this time around. They always say I have to do these appointments and if my numbers are fine I may have them give me form to sign to decline the appointments and monitoring.

Questions? Nope.

@jrough12 Have fun on vacation! Sometimes just having time off and sticking around home is nice. I haven't done anything like that, but our hospital has a sibling class too. It looks like it is only an hour and it is more a tour of the hospital and talking about newborns and welcoming baby to the world. We are thinking about doing it.

@ruby696 I'm sorry about the food issues and all the BH. I haven't had any yet, but I also didn't have them with DD until the day before I had her.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I'll be back to tag later, it's time to head home for the day!

What's going on this week? 
    Not much planned for the weekend, we're making a trip to Costco and that town also has a Target so I plan to stop by and get my free baby welcome kit.

How far along are you?
    28+1

Upcoming appointments?
    OB appointment on Tuesday with an u/s and getting my tdap shot.  Hopefully we'll schedule my c-section also, I'm ready to have the date planned.  I decided to leave work early that day too so before my appointment I'm getting a pedicure and if there's time, I'll head over to Marshalls for a little retail therapy.

Cravings/Symptoms?
    The hip and pelvis pain is back and now I've got the super sexy pregnant lady waddle going on. Oh yeah, super sexy.  I got a pretty sudden headache and saw some flashing lights the other day at work so I popped over to the ER to have them check my BP and it was fine.  I think I was just dehydrated because I went back to my desk, drank a glass of water and just relaxed for a few and felt much better.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    DS had a big meltdown the other night and threw something through the living room window  :#  we got it all cleaned up and luckily MH works at a company that makes windows so he was able to just go back to work and have them cut a sheet of glass to the right size and fix it.  Other than that, his meltdowns have settled down a lot.  We've been using our new techniques of helping him calm down and they're helping, but for whatever reason, he just could not calm down the other day. Now DH and I are using that to measure his attitude, "on a scale of one to window breaking... how's the kiddo today?", when life gets hard, laugh it off!

Questions? none
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I lol'd at YD's comment "I can pretend to play with them" I love it! And the big sibling class sounds adorable and an awesome way to get the kiddos excited!

@ruby696 I had BH the other day but it only lasted a few minutes. Hopefully yours settle down and aren't any cause for alarm.

@m6agua sorry about the GD diagnosis. I had it last pregnancy too and I had to go to an appointment every week and it drove me nuts. It was helpful in the beginning, but I didn't understand why, after realizing I was managing it fine, they didn't just let me take care of it myself and call if I needed an appointment.
  • Options
    @ruby696 - i definitely have a few a day at least.  if i get a run of them, they seem to ameliorate if i pee or adjust position.  sometimes they're mostly the tightening other times they hurt and i have to breathe through them.  as long as they don't last too long i'm reassured.  

@m6agua - hopefully your practice will work with you!

How far along are you? 26w6d

Upcoming appointments? 1hr first week of March

Cravings/Symptoms? no cravings!  heartburn better with meds now.  just lots and lots of movement.  the discharge seems to have slowed down a bit this week so grateful for a reprieve from that for the moment.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? had a follow up growth scan last week to check out the hematoma.  it was still there, but harder to find and about half the size. so i'm so grateful for that.  baby is growing well and looks IDENTICAL to DD.  i bet it's another girl!!

Questions? i asked in my weekly check in but can someone please summarize what is happening with the PG vs. FB ?  i can't keep up and just want to get over to FB.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    @sevenn we are moving to a PG first. The goal is March 1st, but I’m still waiting for TB Gods to create the group I requested.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I'm super behind on this, but I've been lurking!

@jrouge12 Good luck at your appointment today and I hope you passed the glucose screen!  Also, ugh poop training is so hard.  DS used to cry and cry when he had to go.  It took me sitting on the floor next to his little potty with him hugging him and holding his feet and rubbing his back and telling him it was going to be okay.  When he finally couldn't hold it in anymore and went on the potty, we threw him the biggest celebration and were all jumping up and down and clapping, and I let him video call my parents to tell them he did a poop on the potty.  I jokingly said it was like being a poop doula, but really, that's pretty much what I was.  :lol:  The good news is now he has zero shame about loudly announcing when he has to go poop.

@ruby696 I think most doctors are good with putting you out of work when you feel like you're ready, so I would definitely talk to them about it at your next appointment.  I hope the BH get better!  I'm having them more this time than last time, but none are super uncomfortable yet.

@m6agua Ugh, I'm sorry you have to go through this again.  You very clearly have a good understanding of your body and managing this.  I'm sorry your practice doesn't seem to be willing to be flexible for you.  

@sevenn Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about the window and I'm glad everyone is okay and it was a reasonably quick fix for you guys!  These toddler tantrums are no joke sometimes!

@sevenn I know some brother/sister combos that looked very close to identical at birth, so you never know!  :)

What's going on this week?  Well now that I'm a week late, I'll just summarize our weekend.  Daycare was closed Friday but my mom was off work for Feb vacation and so she watched DS for us.  On Saturday I went to a baby shower, where we played (no exaggeration) 7 different games.  3 hours in she still hadn't opened gifts and I had to leave.  I liked the social time with friends, but man... so many games and I didn't win any of them, haha.  Saturday night, DS slept over my parents without us for the first time, and so MH and I got to go on a really nice date night.  We've left DS overnight in the past, but always either at our house or with my parents when we're travelling.  We realized this was the first time we ever slept in our own house without him also sleeping there.  He did really well, but woke up wanting us in the middle of the night, so my mom had to go sleep in the bed with him.  He kicked her all night, so she was pretty tired, haha.  

How far along are you?  29+4

Upcoming appointments?  March 13 for my 32 week

Cravings/Symptoms?  I want all the Cadbury mini eggs right now...

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I'm really over winter and being pregnant.  This pregnancy just seems to be dragging.  My first pregnancy was in the opposite season, and I feel like it went by so much faster since it was mostly over the summer/fall months and those always go by so fast.  

Questions?  None, really!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3