1st Trimester

Help... faint line or false positive

I’ve been pregnant before with my now 1.5 year old, and while I know I was ovulating when my partner and I had unprotected sex earlier this month, I don’t have any of my old pregnancy symptoms. I am supposed to have my missed period in a couple of days and just took a pregnancy test. It’s not only faint but a thin positive line. I’m going back and forth now... pregnant or not. I have one more test that I’m saving for tomorrow morning (first day urine). Your opinions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Re: Help... faint line or false positive

• kelly0818 said:
    I’ve been pregnant before with my now 1.5 year old, and while I know I was ovulating when my partner and I had unprotected sex earlier this month, I don’t have any of my old pregnancy symptoms. I am supposed to have my missed period in a couple of days and just took a pregnancy test. It’s not only faint but a thin positive line. I’m going back and forth now... pregnant or not. I have one more test that I’m saving for tomorrow morning (first day urine). Your opinions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    Test again tomorrow. If the line is still there then I'd guess you're KU. I mean symptoms won't be the same pregnancy to pregnancy so that's a moot point. Were you temping to confirm ovulation? How do you know you were ovulating? An at home test is the best you can do, it's hard for people on the internet to give their opinion on whether or not you're pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If it was negative, it would have been stark white where the test line should be. If there is a line (even a thin one) it's positive.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• By thin, do you mean the test doesn’t look right?

If the line looks wrong, the test is invalid and I would retest before getting my hopes up.
  • I’m 4 weeks going on 5 and I was in the same boat as you lol I keep track of my ovulation days due to the period tracker I had and when I first tested it was negative with a positive line so faint you’d have to stare hard or you would miss it, ( thought to myself is that really a positive line or am I just trying really hard to see one lol) but then I did a first morning pee, still negative...I waited a few days to when I knew I was to get my period (thx to my app) and that test came back with a bold positive lol I chalk it up to my hcg levels were too low to read
  • ashleyhj29ashleyhj29 member
    edited March 2020

Hi ladies, today, I am an IVFer and 8 days past my 5 day transfer which equates to 13dpo. I got a positive result on a First Response Rapid Result yesterday but am getting the faintest of lines on Amazon cheapies and slightly more visible on Dollar Store brand tests...Has anyone else ever had this? I'm hoping my HCG numbers arent super low...maybe they implanted late?

Me: 36     DH: 37
    TTC #1 since 2017
    Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
    FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
    FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
    6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
    FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • Hi ladies, today, I am an IVFer and 8 days past my 5 day transfer which equates to 13dpo. I got a positive result on a First Response Rapid Result yesterday but am getting the faintest of lines on Amazon cheapies and slightly more visible on Dollar Store brand tests...Has anyone else ever had this? I'm hoping my HCG numbers arent super low...maybe they implanted late?

--------stuck in box--------

Pee sticks are not permitted, except in the stick at the top of the page. An admin will take it down. A line is a line.  Call your doctor and they will tell you what the next steps are.