1st Trimester
Options

Depression in 1st trimester

Can depression come on due to pregnancy? Just curious because me (with these stupid small world problems) has no reason to feel as sad, and mentally drained all the time, but I do. I just need to understand why it's happening, and why it is effecting my ability to work, focus on school, and making it extremely difficult to enjoy the time I spend with my daughter... it can't cause me to have problems with pregnancy can it? My husband and I wanted this child, we planned this pregnancy, so I don't understand why I feel the way I do. 

Re: Depression in 1st trimester

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladymaisonmommy18 just reiterating what has already been said. YES, prenatal depression is absolutely a thing, and is very treatable. Hormones are a bitch, and you're not imagining things. Talk to your doctor - for both of my pregnancies I've take 50-100 mg of Zoloft and it's helped SO MUCH. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @ladymaisonmommy18 I started Zoloft (Sertraline) during pregnancy (thanks @stassischroeder) and it has done WONDERS for me and been totally safe for my LO.
  • Options
    I’m so insanely depressed. I just can’t put it into words. I’ve struggled with derealization bad for like years before I got pregnant and it’s only getting worse I’ve had severe depression for 6 years. I’m at a loss and I’m a single 17 year old pregnant kid bro like from a really abusive ex and life just keeps getting harder. I’m thinking about abortion but I can’t I’m so lost.... help 
  • Options
    @ammj02 I’m so sorry for all you have been through. Are you active in a birth month board. I know those groups have been so amazing in helping me through pregnancy. Are you open to therapy? It would be a place to feel safe enough to explore your feelings and experiences while getting tools and support on how to help ease your depressive symptoms. Depression sucks and you are not alone in it. So many awesome women are here for you! Also have you talked to your dr to let them know how you have been feeling?  
  • Options
    I have only been to one dr appointment but when my siblings go to their therapy appointment I’m going to try to squeeze myself in.
  • Options
    @ammj02 that would be great! You can even call your dr and let them know what is going on. They may want to see you sooner or give some advice.