1st Trimester

Irregular periods and Pregnancy

I found out I was pregnant by visiting the hospital and doing urine sample on February 17th. Prior to this I missed my period in Novemeber had a light period with heavy cramping in December and no period in January. All this is kind of confusing to me because I had an extremely heavy flow and bad cramping in October. I have had an irregular periods in the past but nothing painful. I am unsure really how far along I am or if it is even a real pregnancy. I have set up a drs appointment but I'm a little afraid that this is an ectopic pregnancy or that something is not right. All other symptoms point to pregnancy and I have not any pain since October. I just want some peace of mind. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Re: Irregular periods and Pregnancy

• It sounds like you probably got pregnant after your December periods. If your cycles are irregular and you weren't tracking ovulation it'll be hard to guess how far along you are. They'll likely do a dating ultrasound and you'll have an answer for how far along you are. I don't think ectopic is really what's going on. The pain was in October and was likely related to your period. I went through a time in my early 20s with little to no period cramping and then it came back with a vengeance. Bodies change and are weird.
  • Thank you, this helps a lot. 1st pregnancy nerves has me googling like a wild woman. Lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lay off the google and join your BMB. There will be lots of women feeling the same way there, physically and emotionally.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::