October 2020 Moms
Options

Monday Ticket Thread 2/17

**Daily ticker change threads are for those who change to a new week in pregnancy, (ie: 4w0d, 5w0d, etc). We’ll make a new ticker change thread every day of the week**

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: Food aversions aside, what's your favorite comfort food? 

Re: Monday Ticket Thread 2/17

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/05

Week of pregnancy: 7

Upcoming Appointments: TOMORRRROOOOWWWWWWW! I really need to see this heartbeat, little baby, kthx.

Rant/Rave: I'm supposed to be gluten free (it causes crazy ibs and gastro effects), but I keep craving all things gluten. Not even gf versions are cutting it. I want chewy bread and flaky croissants. Surprisingly, gluten didn't affect me last pregnancy (I remember in the early weeks the only thing I could stomach was  baguettes so, survival, and I could digest it fine), and hubby is trying to talk me into eating bread again, but I'm scared I won't be so lucky.

Questions: Is there anyone around, lurking or not, that has insight on why I could eat gluten during pregnancy and not be affected by it?

GTKY: Cuban food! Rice and beans, tostones, guava pastries, milanesa de pollo... 
  • Options
    Lurking here- but what workup did you have for the gluten sensitivity?  I has having crazy gastro symptoms for a while, GI doc thought it was celiac, so I did GF for a while and it kind of helped but not really.  Turned out my issue was my gallbladder, and ultimately had that removed.  I think because pregnancy constipates (at least for me) and I would have heartburn, gas anyway with pregnancy, it can kind of mask or counterbalance symptoms?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @smg2302 I was anemic and low b vitamins which my GI said can be linked to gluten sensitivity. I've had horrible GI issues since middle school, with ibs-c. Gluten just stops everything up, so to speak, as well as giving me horrible acid reflux and heartburn. While in college I was taking SO MANY pills, I just got sick of it and did an elimination diet. Found out when I took out gluten I was 100% better. The GI I saw after it said if all his patients just stayed away from their triggering foods, he'd probably be out of a job. My dad had stomach cancer when I was in high school and later passed from it, so I take issues with my stomach very seriously. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I take that stuff so seriously too.  I'd be a little nervous to re-introduce.  The UDI's english muffins taste the most like real bread to me.  Are you tolerating butter?  Maybe loading with butter might help.  Also, sorry to hear about your dad.  I lost my dad two years ago.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @smg2302 are their english muffins better than their regular bread? I can do butter. I'm not a fan of their regular bread and prefer Canyon Bakehouse. But I'm always down to try! I'm going to ask my OB tomorrow and see what she says and let you know
  • Options
    Oh much better!  Their regular bread was soooooo chewy with like a weird, sweet aftertaste.  The muffins toast up nicely which helps with the chewiness.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I have no idea why but I was lactose intolerant before my first pregnancy and then during that pregnancy I could eat any and all dairy! Sadly the intolerance came back (not as bad though) during my second pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 our bodies are SO weird. 
  • Options
    Week of pregnancy: 7w3d

Upcoming appointments: finally tomorrow at 2pm and ill be getting a dating scan. So excited. 

Rant/Rave:

Rant: im having massive lower backpain and alot of cramping being my csection incision. Nausea and bloating. Omg and im super tired all the time.

Rave: my son is officially sleeping through the night and my daughter has been such a big helper to me. 

Comfort food would definitely be garlic bread with crab meat and hot cheetos 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Hey @bubbleyumm I think you join in on Fridays ticker change when you hit 8 weeks, but no worries. Yay for your son sleeping thru! 
  • Options
    psmk521psmk521 member
    edited February 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/5

Week of pregnancy: 7!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/9

Rant/Rave: rant - being at work with bad morning sickness is the worst :( rave - I survived today and didn’t need to hug the toilet. I told my boss and she was nice and understanding. 

Questions: When can I start wearing maternity clothes? I know it’s just bloat but my pants being tight isn’t helping with the nausea. 

GTKY: Food aversions aside, what's your favorite comfort food? Grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese. I’m all about cheese and carbs. 
  • Options
    **lurking**

@psmk521  There is no shame in starting to wear stretchy/maternity pants early.  You should wear what makes you comfortable.  My regular pants are getting uncomfortable due to bloating too, so I already started wearing stretchy pants more often.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I hope your appointment went well!
  • Options
    coldbrewcoldbrew member
    edited February 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Week of pregnancy: 5w (I missed this yesterday)

Upcoming Appointments: Not til 3/12

Rant/Rave: I can’t sleep well, anyone else? It feels like the 3rd tri insomnia but already. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Food aversions aside, what's your favorite comfort food? I love soups of pretty much any kind.
  • Options
    @dolewhipper  That's a great update! Yay for good news!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dolewhipper Yay for heartbeat!!

I *just* set aside my maternity pants like a month ago....will already be pulling them out within another month I’m sure.