October 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms: Week of 2/16 - 2/22

Re: Randoms: Week of 2/16 - 2/22

• Options
    @dolewhipper I'd go for it because... Cronut! But I don't have food intolerances so my advice probably isn't sound. 
  • Options
    @NME44 this will be our 8th total (my 6th, plus two step kids). I’m sorry your mom reacted that way. My mom will probably do the same, but she’ll get over it. My MIL is older, only had 2 kids, and I feel like she’s not going to react pleasantly at all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far I have only told my husband, one friend, and you all. Part of me wants to tell every person I see already, but that is not logical at all, so I’m glad I can at least tell internet strangers in a similar position :) 
  • Options
    I’ve told my husband, a good friend, my mom, my jan16 BMB besties, and now my sister. I can’t keep my mouth shut and want to tell everyone, but I really don’t want to do damage control if something bad happens. I’m trying to wait to 12 weeks to tell most people. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cmessamore, on top of that, DH was at my in-laws’ house this weekend and apparently his mom said something about apples on a wagon? Idek, but the long and short of it is that she thinks we should quit while we’re ahead with the three kids we’ve got. As though saying something like that is going to make us rethink our entire family plan (seriously, we’ve always wanted 4 kids, for the past 15 years now) *eyeroll*

But seriously, my husband and kids are back home and I’m feeling better with them here so maybe I’ll stop being such a downer with my posts here, lol.
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited February 2020
    @dolewhipper I have not craved sweets yet but now I want a cronut!! How did it go???
  • Options
    @morethanamama no bueno :( but I think it was too rich? It just caused an upset stomach and not the other symptoms I usually get so...that's positive? I'll try with something not so crazy maybe later in the week. 
  • Options
    Just realized I put the wrong date on the meal plan and PGAL threads yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️

MH is finally home after being gone for two weeks and I took advantage of my alone time and got 6 inches chopped off my hair. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @dolewhipper nooo I'm sorry your stomach got upset.
    @profmcgonagall I need a haircut SO BAD. haven't had one since August...wtf. going to a conference in 2 weeks so it's definitely gonna happen soon.

We nanny share with another family and today my son is at their house so I'm gonna say with no shame that I'm working from my bed until I have my first call, since the nanny won't be here to see me in my PJs 😆
  • Options
    I want a VBAC. At the very least, I want a TOLAC. My DD labor was BS and long story short I was coerced into a c/s. I’ve since switched practices. 

Today at my appt the dr flat out told me if I don’t go into labor by 40w they will induce me, but only if I was 1cm. If I was at 40w and not dilated they would do a repeat c/s. 

Considering switching to a midwife and walking into a hospital. That’s some BS rules to put on moms. 

• Options
    @NME44 remember, you don’t have to consent to anything you don’t want to. It does require you to read all of your hospital intake forms, but you can precisely state you do not consent on any and all paperwork. Also, it’s never too late to switch doctors :) you got this, and you shouldn’t have to get cut if you don’t want to (I don’t!)
  • Options
    @dolewhipper, I’m a nurse, so I know about the ins and outs of everything. However, I have a feeling this guy doesn’t concern himself too much with what the patient says she wants, and I might not even be aware of it if I end up with an epidural. There are only two hospitals near me now and the best practice that delivers at them is the practice I’m in. It’s really just this one guy who is a problem and luckily that nurse clued me in on how to avoid him, so I think everything will be fine. There’s another hospital 28 miles from me that I wouldn’t mind delivering at, but at some times of the day it can take 2 hours to get there because of all the damn traffic, so it’s not really a viable option. 

I really miss Fort Worth, lol.
  • Options
    @nme44 oh dang, sorry! So yea, then you know! That’s awesome the nurse gave you that heads up. And if for some reason he does end up delivering, just tell him you’ll sue his ass if he gets a blade anywhere near you! I hate when drs don’t listen to their patients! 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper That is nuts that they would impose those arbitrary rules about 40 weeks. I don’t think there is any evidence for what they are recommending. Here is one vote for changing practices for sure. If nothing else, that kind of statement shows they will not take your preferences into account. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I switched OBs between my first and second pregnancies and never looked back! I could understand if that was a specific recommendation based on your medical history but across the board generalizations like that just really turn me off of OBs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dolewhipper During my last pregnancy, I switched from the OB practice where I live to a birthing center 75 minutes away when I was already 32 weeks along. I’m glad I did because my labor was slow to progress and I ended up pushing for over 4 hours before my son was born. I’m sure that if I had delivered at the hospital I would have ended up having a c-section as well.  Hopefully you can find a midwife that has admitting privileges at your local hospital and not have to deal with those BS rules! 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people switching OBs. In my case, nothing went particularly wrong with my birth, except I was induced when I was already progressing quickly on my own without a very clear explanation. Even the nurses were confused about it. My OB in general was nice throughout the pregnancy but I could tell he was annoyed when I asked too many questions, didn't like the fact that I didn't want an epidural, and generally frowned upon my plan of having a doula. 
  • Options
    I switched OB practices and hospitals this time around. Nothing went wrong per se with the last 2, but they are notorious for being a baby factory and make you feel like you’re just a number. I have heard amazing things from friends about their experience with my new practice/hospital so I’m hopeful. 
  • Options
    @morethanamama those are all three red flags for me—you can answer all my questions, it shouldn’t matter to you if I don’t want an epidural and you better support my decision for whatever support I need during labor. ♥️ 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick exactly! So this time I'm going with a team that came highly recommended by my doulas, I'm hopeful! We'll see how I like them in 2 weeks for the first appointment
  • Options
    @morethanamama I love having a doula. I hope you like them!
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and will be going with a Midwife if pregnancy will be normal. I've signed up for a practice that serves my neiborhood and they had a midwife available for October due date. Will meet her tomorrow so they can tell me more about their practice. My sister in-law is a midwife and I know that the values Midwifes follow are very much aligned with what I'm looking for.
  • Options
    Can anybody explain to me what a “dye stealer” is from that drive by thread???
  • Options
    @NME44 I assumed they were referencing a pregnancy test but I’m confused too
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    edited February 2020
    @mdfarmchick, I googled it and got too many pictures of pee sticks, but apparently it’s when the pregnancy line is darker than the control line. It makes women think they are expecting twins, but I’m skeptical that it means anything other than you’re pregnant.
  • Options
    Here I was thinking we had enough drive bys for 24 hours...nope!
  • Options
    Dye stealer is when the test line is darker than the control (aka stealing dye from the control). I never got that with my last pregnancy 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Has anyone organized a schedule of the product spotlights for each week? As a first timer I am looking forward to those. I would be happy to organize if no one has so far, but if someone has already done it, great. 
  • Options
    My last bmb I was always late to the party and threads got closed. I’m so sad I missed out today 
  • Options
    @fitzfizz what’s a product spotlight? I don’t think we did those on my last bmb.

@dolewhipper I’ll tag you next time, maybe you’ll see it sooner. 🤣
  • Options
    I missed the dye stealer one. 

I love my OB but since I had BOTH my kids during spring break she was out of town with her own kids for both of my deliveries. I wasn’t particularly fond of the Dr that delivered my first. And don’t get me started on the doctor that DIDNT deliver my second. She sent me home at 4cm and 90%effaced with my second labor after my first labor was only 6 hours start to finish. And I was strep B pos! 

Needless to say I got home only to turn around and go right back to the hospital. We arrived back at 8:15 and baby boy was born at 8:45. Charge nurse caught him after half a push. I’m really praying my OB is actually on call this time. 
  • Options
    I have never heard of the dye stealer thing before... if it’s true I’m having at least twins but pretty sure it’s just the cheap amazon Wondfos 😅 

@JLaVO888 wow did you see her after that? What did she have to say for almost making you have a baby in the car. 🤦‍♀️

My OB who I dumped is part of the same practice as my current OB. I definitely dread ever having to see him. *TW loss* I had concerns about my baby’s movement in my first pregnancy that he dismissed and made me feel dumb for continuing to bring it up because I was still in the second trimester, and ultimately she was in distress and died. I don’t know if the outcome would have changed, but if he had taken my seriously I wouldn’t have been blind sided. So not keen on ever seeing him again. I’m leaning towards a scheduled csection for a lot of reasons but this is one of them*end TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kurtni How absolutely horrible to not be taken seriously. So sorry for your loss.

She came in about 5 minutes later and delivered the placenta. Apparently she was in the parking lot when DS came out. She came in to check on me the next day and my family kind of gave her crap. She had been practicing for less than a year and was pregnant at the time with her first so I think she really just lacked experience. I’m really grateful the charge nurse delivered me actually because she’s been doing it for like 20 years and was a pro! DS’s fist was stuck by his face and she was able to move it very easily with only minimal facial bruising and a couple popped blood vessels on his eye. I’m not sure the fresh OB would have handled it as well. Apparently I was dropping the f bomb through my last contractions in regards to the dr but I don’t remember haha. 

I am planning on talking about it with my OB this go around. And if anyone tries to send me home this time I’ll flat out refuse. That doctor is lucky I literally live 5 minutes from the hospital. 
  • Options
    I’m switching OBs within my practice because mine is no longer doing deliveries. I love my practice so I’m not super concerned with loving my new OB. I will say this on the topic. With my first pregnancy, my OB was retiring (weird coincidence) and recommended me a new practice. I went to the new practice and felt a little uncomfortable. Two months later, she had done 5 ultrasounds, her front staff had made me cry and the doctor yelled at me in the middle of my pap. I was crying in my car talking with DH when he said I needed to leave the practice. Thank goodness I did and found my new one which I love. A few months later I received a bill for $10,000 on some drug testing she requested done on me. I wish I had left the minute I didn’t feel comfortable instead of putting up with her for a whole trimester. 
  • Options
    @deaddahliah The product spotlight series I have seen on other BMBs is where each week a certain product is up (like baby carriers, strollers etc) and people can comment. STMs+ can make recommendations and FTMs can ask questions. Basically a way to keep discussion on these topics organized and avoid one-off posts. I saw that @dolewhipper had started one last week for skin care, I just wasn't sure if there was any organization to it yet.
  • Options
    @fitzfizz I don’t think there’s a schedule so I say go for it! 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @Kurtni what a horrible experience I am so sorry.

@JLaVO888 my bestie has a similar story with her second DS where they sent her home.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. It was horrible but it definitely made realize I should never have to fight with a doctor for care and I advocate for what I want and don’t settle for anything less. 

-

I just discovered everything bagel seasoning and it’s life changing. I felt like a bona fide millennial eating my avocado toast this morning.

Pregnancy Ticker