Pregnant after IF
Options

All Trimester Check In February 4

I'm so sorry this is late, y'all. Yesterday was a bit crazy for me and I didnt have time to actually post this. I know this list isn't updated, so please tag me with your info.  
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10 (boy)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

Re: All Trimester Check In February 4

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? - 20+2! Half way there! 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? - Pretty good. Sleep was better for a few weeks and now sucks again. My back hurts and I just can't get comfortable, even with my awesome pregnancy pillow. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - Had the A/S last week which was great and it feels good to be half way. Like it still feels surreal that this is really happening. Even though I still have my PGAL moments, it's getting better. I'm feeling more movements and getting to see her again last week after like 2 months of not was such a relief. Also, the nursery has been painted! And crib and dresser are being assembled this weekend. Nursery prep has been a great and exciting distraction.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until the end of the month, 2/27 OB and 2/28 Fetal Echo
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? - I really wanted to take my son on a trip before the baby arrives. It's been just the two of us for a really long time. His father left us when he was almost 3. Was in and out of his life from 3-4, and then moved 1200 miles away and hasn't seen him since. He will be 6 in April. So these last few years it's just been us. And tbh it's probably all he remembers. But I wanted to do something special before baby sister comes along but with my losses last year, I spent most of first tri too paranoid to plan ahead, and now I don't think there's time to do what I'd really like to. But I am tentatively trying to plan a disney cruise for the 3 of us (and probably my mom too) for sometime next year. Baby needs to be 6 months to cruise so sometime in Early - Mid 2021 I am thinking. I think I may still try to do some sort of day trip or long weekend with my son. Perhaps around his 6th birthday. But I'll be around 30ish weeks by then so not sure how I'll feel. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @wildrainbow - thanks for posting (one day “late” isn’t any big deal in my books 😊)
    • How far along/EDD? 35w1d 3/9
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good still. Been getting discomfort in the back and around my ribs; I just feel so squished, like I literally have no room left in my body. DH goes for his thyroid ultrasound tomorrow, so we should have results back by early next week. Hopefully nothing to worry about and we can just put this stressor behind us. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Kinda wondering what people are planning or have done in the past with packing for the hospital? Any random item that you couldn’t live without? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had OB appointment last week. Baby is head down and looking good. Go next week for regular appointment and the group b strep test 😖
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? No, we really didn’t have the opportunity since DH has no vacation this year. We went for a nice brunch in a little country farm house that was converted to a restaurant when we hit the second trimester to celebrate being pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 12+2/ Aug 16th
    • How are you feeling this week? ok. Still really tired. Heartburn has started hardcore and I am not a fan. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next appt is Feb 27. 
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? I wasn't, but H mentioned wanting me to do one since I havent really had a break from the kids. So maybe around May when his work slows down. I hop we are able to make it happen, I could use the break before #3 makes an appearance. 
    @sincethelastday FX for quick results on YH's u/s. 

@hanshotfirst77 Hopefully you can plan a weekend or even an awesome day trip for you and your son. Altho, going on a cruise sounds like a pretty awesome compromise. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday keeping everything crossed for the thyroid US tomorrow. +1 on feeling squished 

@hanshotfirst77 the trip with YS sounds like a great idea to make the most of the time you have just the two of you. I’m sure a long weekend trip will be more than enough for him (and for you by 30w). Is there something that he’s a fan of that has a little theme park (not a big one) or experience you could go on? 

• How far along/EDD? 35+3 due 7th March but she is planned to squeeze into February

• How are you feeling this week? Tired and full. Left leg and hip aches are probably my biggest discomfort. Having a few weird cravings again (orange ice lollies...). 

• OB appointment last Friday everything is great with baby, but my blood pressure had kept on creeping up so they sent me to the hospital to check for signs of pre-eclampsia or HELLP which both thankfully came back clear. Just got to make sure I rest, keep my feet up, drink plenty of fluids and if I don’t feel ok in any way head straight back to the hospital. Good thing was we got 3 ultrasounds and 3 NSTs in 2 days. Listening to her heartbeat is almost hypnotic for me, And the hospital were very keen to make sure I knew that I am welcome back any time. 
    • Rant: The electrician was delayed so we couldn’t move DH’s office out to move the baby furniture in. Really hoping he gets it done this week so we can finalize everything this weekend.

• Any upcoming appointments? Back to the OB Thursday to check still all stable. 

• GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? No, as I’ve been on quite strict rest the whole pregnancy so no chance - my last travel was for our embryo transfer back in June! It’s the longest ever I haven’t flown for in more than 15 years! We are trying to take one day each weekend to go for a nice meal together, sort of mini dates. If I’d been allowed to fly and swim we would have gone for a week somewhere warm with a pool to just sleep and swim. But will save that for later this year with baby hopefully! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    How far along/EDD? 9w0d/ Sept 8th

How are you feeling this week? Just really bad anxiety, but physically not too bad. The bloat is still there but the nausea hasn't really been back. Well, wait I forgot I tried to go to a sushi place and although everything was cooked, it did not agree with me!

Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave and Rant  - I love that I haven't been nauseous. But at least when I was nauseous and was cramping that let me know something was happening. Now I feel nothing in the lower abdomen, which has my anxiety in over drive. Also I'm having a hard time finding a OB or MFM. And it's stressing me out! Not sure if I should just look for a MFM that also delivers or an OB that handles high risk and does ultrasounds (since me ob/gyn doesn't).

Any upcoming appointments? Final U/S with RE is on Feb 10

GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? I definitely want one!!!  I would love to go to a beach but not sure that's going to happen.
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 - the cruise sounds wonderful! I wanted to do something with my SO and his kids so we were planning to go to the Dominican in June (after the kids got out of school). Doesn't look like that's going to happen now. I'll be 27.5 weeks then and I'm leaning towards that might not be the best place to be so close to my third trimester.

@wildrainbow - hope you get some energy back soon!

@emmasemm - Take care of yourself!! Glad your hospital is so accommodating. That's wonderful. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday I haven't given this much thought yet this time, but last time I remember I was really glad to have my own robe and pjs and boppy pillow for nursing. 

@wildrainbow Sorry about the heartburn, hope that gets better. And yeah that's what I thought about the cruise. My mom and I took him on one about 2 yrs ago and he loved it. So I think he will be excited.

@emmasemm Last yr for his birthday I took him to the Thomas the train thing. Not really a theme park but had a few things to do. He loved that. I was hoping to take him to lego land which is opening here but it wont be open until summer so not the best idea postpartum with a newborn. I'm thinking maybe a beach day if it gets warm enough in spring. or great wolf lodge sounds nice for a weekend. But can be a little expensive. 
    Fx everything stays good for you and baby!

@31magnolia Sorry you are having so much anxiety and trouble finding a doctor. I hope you find someone soon. I know it was huge relief for me once I found an OB. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 19+, 7/1
    • How are you feeling this week? Decent, I had food poisoning last week so anything is better than that.  Getting nerve pain down arms after sleep pretty consistently severely.  The pain is related more to cervical fusion but they won't do usual treatments while pregnant.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I've started our taxes.  This is my second year to really hate the new tax system. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Monday is the anatomy scan.  Thursday is 3rd OB appointment
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? I wish funds are very tight as we prepare both for baby and my wife to retire to care for the baby after I go back from maternity leave.
    @31magnolia I hope you find someone great soon and the anxiety goes down.
    @wildrainbow I'm on both pepcid and prevacid daily for HB.  Depending on how bad it is you may want to talk to your dr. 
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah I was on a prescription my last pregnancy for HB because OTC meds were doing nothing and it was so bad, I got contractions. I'm hoping not to get to that point, but it feels like i am heading that direction. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow Even not pregnant I have terrible GERD so it's just been worse.  The wouldn't approve the RX I was on so I switched to the prevacid in the midst of fertility treatment.

Hope, you get relief.  I've changed up my diet some while still trying to get veggies in to see if I can reduce the pain.
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I totally respond in my head when I read your all's checkins, but I'm not coordinated on my phone/in app to type out responses.  Maybe if I can jump on PC at home tonight after baby's bedtime...
    • How far along/EDD?
    9w6d today (Tuesday) - EDD is 9/2 but OB last week confirmed that the plan is repeat c-section 8/26 assuming no reason to evict any earlier. @wildrainbow (it's a boy - at least if they put the right one back in!  Hopefully NIPT will confirm :p)
    • How are you feeling this week?
    Nauseated and so, so tired.  I feel so bad that I'm so useless at the moment - even car naps during the work day don't help.  And I mostly just want to eat cheeseburgers with ketchup lately (but am supposed to be limiting carbs to watch my blood sugar - fortunately bunless cheeseburgers are also delicious)
    Just waiting...I'm really over not having daycare closer to home for DD.  It was great commuting with her so that I could just run up 4 blocks to BF her instead of pumping when I returned to work, but now that she's weaned I just feel extra guilty about all the extra car time.  We're told hopefully next month (and at $1k/month less than our current center!)  We're already on one waitlist for a toddler spot in 9/2021 for this babe, and will probably jump on a couple more soon.  Such madness.
    • Any upcoming appointments?
    Supposed to go in for my first tri & NIPT blood draw this week at my convenience, but not sure when I'll be able to as DH may be selected to serve on a jury (and again that lack of care for DD closer to home).  I get a little anxious about early NIPT because *TW* we lost our first pregnancy (naturally conceived - so no PGS like this time, obviously) two days after receiving her falsely comforting "normal girl" result.
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one?
    Wasn't really planned as a babymoon, but we're planning on going to Maui for DH's birthday weekend in April.  Plane tix were more of an impulse Cyber Monday purchase, and I'm grateful we had the foresight to buy DD a seat (she'll be 16 months, so we didn't *have* to - I think we'll all be more comfortable).  Hopefully DH will get some diving in even though I can't.  We went to Montreal (in August - not the smartest, but neither of us had ever been there) for our babymoon with DD.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for starting the thread @wildrainbow

• How far along/EDD? 32w4d - 3/27, but will be induced 1-2 weeks early
    • How are you feeling this week? I’m alright, everything is becoming more laborious, especially getting in and out of bed. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Backaches are daily now, anyone find an at-home massager that helps? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I have weekly biophysicals, plus my next endocrinologist Appt next Monday.
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? I assumed we would, then we bought a new house and we’re in the process of doing some quick renovations and moving this month, only 2 weeks wiggle room before baby and moving in, so no babymoon for us. 
    @31magnolia I felt the same way this whole time. I like the difficult symptoms because they’re reassuring. Hang in there!

@hanshotfirst77 congrats on a major milestone!! 
  • Options

@wildrainbow – Thank you for taking the time to start this week’s thread

@sincethelastday – Crossing all my fingers for you and DH

How far along/EDD? 15w

How are you feeling this week? Headaches are bad, spent most of the weekend lying in a dark room with cold compresses and still had some pain.  Usually it starts in the afternoon, now I am waking up with headaches.  Last 2 nights I took 400mg of magnesium and woke up normal, so hopefully this helps. Other than that feeling good and starting to show…weird that I wake up not being pregnant and by dinner time I look pregnant, it kind of pops out during the day.

Rants/Raves? Questions?  I have been crying a lot lately…but happy crying.  We told our families and friends, and since we kept our 4yr infertility journey a secret it was really a surprise for everyone.  It really felt great to see how excited people get about a new baby.

Any upcoming appointments? Next OB 02/21

GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? We are planning a trip to NY to visit our family some time in March or early April.  I need to check with my OB though.  He said it is OK to keep traveling, until my last planned work trip in a couple of weeks, but not sure when I should stop...I guess some time during the 3rd trimester.   He did say no international traveling for now, unless is really important and is not a long flight and he said a big NO specifically not to China, because of the coronavirus.

• Options
    @wildrainbow - Yay for the test results!! And Yay that it's a boy!! Congrats!  :)
  • Options
    @wildrainbow congrats on your healthy boy! 

@sincethelastday Yes I am having so much fun planning the nursery. The theme is Minnie Mouse with color scheme of light gray, light pink and white. The walls and letters are done, I got curtains up yesterday and this weekend's task is furniture assembly, and putting up some more decor.

@angelina1919 So happy for you telling your family,That is such a special moment. I have been getting headaches lately too. It totally sucks. 

@akak23 I have no suggestions but solidarity, the back aches suck. Sometimes I just cannot get comfortable and therefore sleep horribly. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    *lurking* 
    @sincethelastday The mesh undies they provide are just ok in my opinion so I picked up a pack of cheap granny panties a couple sizes larger to accommodate the maxi pads for my bag. Definitely take some pjs, slippers, and comfy sweat pants too. I ended up staying longer than expected and it was so nice to shower every morning and have clean comfy clothes and normal underwear to put on! Also, snacks for your dh. I didn’t want mine to starve while I labored and it kept us from wasting money at the vending machine. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @k_mama91 - thanks for the hospital bag tips! Yeah, I’ve purchased some underwear that I don’t care if they get ruined or not lol. Really good suggestions - thanks! 😊
  • Options
    @sincethelastday - we use several ways, depending of the group and distance.  So we had dinner for some, including a gender reveal cake for dessert (this one was the best) and facetime for others and even group text for some friends.  No social media though, since both of us are not really into that.
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 13+5/Aug 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Exhausted. My son came down with croup last weekend and we’ve all had sleepless nights for the past several days. Yawn. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? None this week, though I may get the Panorama test results back this week. 
    • GTKY: Are you planning a babymoon? Or did you already go on one? We went to Hawaii during Xmas break so I guess we already went on one. We probably won’t go on any vacations until I’ve delivered this baby. I love to eat and this whole eating restrictions during pregnancy has been a huge bummer. We may go on day trips here and there though. 
    @hanshotfirst77 I heard nothing but rave reviews about the Disney Cruise! Never been on a cruise before, but I’d definitely would like to take one in the future!
    @sincethelastday Hope your DH’s u/s goes well. For what to pack, I vote for adjustable strap (the top part) sandals and a nursing dress. I had unplanned c-section and I did not anticipate my feet and legs to swell so much that I could not fit into the pair of comfy sneakers I wore to the hospital. And a nursing dress is a must too, in case you have c-section and want to avoid anything hitting your stitches. For the last pregnancy, I ended up not needing most of the stuff I packed for the hospital. I packed a robe and a bunch of comfy clothes (oversized t-shirts, sweatshirts and pants) but I preferred to just wear the hospital gown so that I didn’t have to worry about my clothes getting dirty. Non-slip socks you can get that from the hospital. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @angelina1919 and @cashewchicken - thanks for more tips for what to pack - loving all the suggestions! 

I did have one more question more out of curiosity than anything else, but did anyone give gifts to your nurses and doctor after giving birth? I keep reading about giving thank you gifts to your hospital team. Maybe I’m being a scrooge, but that seems a bit unnecessary to me since the hospital team is just doing their job. I’m sure they would appreciate it, but I feel like I’m going to have enough stuff to pack and get ready then think about what to get some nurses and doctors. Just wondering if this is becoming the norm or not though? 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday We didn't.... I thought about baking funfetti cupcakes for the staff, but ultimately... That didn't happen. Lol
  • Options
    @sincethelastday I just remembered something about what nightgowns to bring.  I didn't normally have anything like this prior, but the hospital where I delivered my first recommended - not so-called nursing nightgowns - but a true button-down-the-front neckline style nightgown.  I found a link on Amazon that worked well for me, as well as some inexpensive ones from Walmart (both were about $14.99-17.99 if I remember).  But it turned out I liked the length of the Walmart ones better for modesty's sake, which I didn't realise till I was actually at the hospital prancing around in them!  :D Like if FIL came to visit, it was easier if I was already in a gown that I felt semi decent in, not like my bum was hanging out.  :# or having to get out of bed and get changed. But  YMMV based on your height/ proportions etc.

<div class=" Spoiler">https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IDYMUR0/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

***Just be careful to look closely at the color before you buy.  I bought one from the same listing that did NOT have the button access that the other colors did.  But I was able to swap it out easily enough.</div>
    I'm not seeing the Walmart one I found in store on the website, but they look similar to the Amazon ones.  So maybe not the most stylish, but reason being they say the "nursing" gowns don't really give enough access when mom and baby are first learning to fees, and it's probably true.  The button front ones are amazing though for that.

I also found one that snapped all the way down, which they let me use instead of a hospital gown when I was actually in labor.  Highly recommend if you want to feel more human and less a patient. ❤️
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - thanks for the detailed suggestion in regards to night gowns for labour!! I actually just bought one that snaps all the way down both in the front and back. It also goes all the way down to my knees, so hopefully will feel comfortable and modest when potentially walking the halls and having visitors after. Glad to hear that that type of gown is usually preferred by hospitals. Thanks again!! ☺️☺️
  • Options
    Yes!  That sounds perfect for labor! @sincethelastday I will say I was just glad to have something clean to change into each day too, bc that alone helped me feel more human.