June 2020 Moms
Options

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Options
    @alli392 the last two days I've taken the dog for super fast paced walks because it's freezing out and my belly turns to a rock when I get home. Other than exercise (can walking fast around the block really be called exercise?) I haven't had any yet. 
  • Options
    runwmusic said:
    @alli392 the last two days I've taken the dog for super fast paced walks because it's freezing out and my belly turns to a rock when I get home. Other than exercise (can walking fast around the block really be called exercise?) I haven't had any yet. 
    Belly turning into a rock sounds exactly like BH. And yes, a fast walk can be considered exercise, especially from here on out. I can't get two rooms over in my not-huge house without BH, and getting exhausted.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alli392alli392 member
    edited February 2020
    Phew thanks everybody. I figured that’s what it had to be but it’s just so strange! I seriously NEVER had them with DD (part of why I think it took my body so long to figure out labor during my induction-just my theory) so I’ve been confused when it’s happened. Thanks for reassuring me!

edited to add: it actually gives me hope that this labor will go much more smoothly since my body already seems to know what’s up more this time around

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    I’ve begun the stage of waking up in the middle of the night RAVENOUS and being unable to fall back asleep for at least an hour argh (even after having some bread or a banana). It was the same with DD and once I got to the third trimester I was up for literally 2 or three hours every night. Too tired for that this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone have suggestions for stretches I can do to alleviate hip pain? It’s only on one side, but it feels like my hip is out of place or something...not sure how else to describe it. It hurts most when getting up out of a seated position and when picking up my son (only 22 lbs), but I can feel some pain whenever there is any pressure on my right leg. 
  • Options
    @kjack86
    I haven’t had hip pain specifically but I’ve been doing a lot of stretches for back pain. My favorite is to just stand by a table or chair and bend over until I can rest my elbows on the table or chair (depending on what’s more comfortable). Depending on how wide you make your stance you could definitely hit your hips with that but I use it more to target hamstrings. 

I’ve also really learned to like the Body fit by Amy prenatal YouTube workouts. She has an 8 or 9 minute stretch video that’s really good for hitting most areas and would probably help your hips more specifically too!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @kjack86 this is almost exactly what sent me to the chiropractor and it has helped soooo much. It is likely a misalignment in your pelvis.  
  • Options
    @kjack86 this is almost exactly what sent me to the chiropractor and it has helped soooo much. It is likely a misalignment in your pelvis.  
    +1 to a chiropractor and prenatal yoga both. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    is this heartburn? ugh. the vurps and the acidy going to throw up feeling are seriously not fun
  • Options
    @SpartanCat I’ve never had heartburn or indigestion before pregnancy but I have that same going to throw up feeling. Like the dinner that I just ate is sitting right in my esophagus waiting to come up. It feels heavy and yucky. My husband said heartburn hurts though and this doesn’t hurt, it’s just uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @bbluemoo
    that's what it feels like! ugh i kind of feel like heartburn is a catch all term for any kind of acid-y digestive upset. like indigestion 
  • Options
    @SpartanCat @bbluemoo the heartburn and reflux I had last pregnancy was totally different than non-pregnant for me. Everything is getting a little relaxed and loose thanks to hormones so your stomach doesn't close off as tightly after meals. I ended up eating less to avoid that feeling. I'm already scaling back meal sizes because there's no space and I hate that feeling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SpartanCat sounds a lot like my reflux, which is coming back with a vengeance! 
  • Options
    Is being grouchy AF about everything a symptom? My pregnancy irritability is here. Poor DH. It's going to be a long 16 weeks and 3 days (until our RCS). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn same. I flipped out on dh during a kitchen remodel meeting with the cabinet lady. I just can't help but be angry at the littlest things. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic I feel you. My toddler broke my favorite necklace yesterday and I cannot afford to fix it right now, and I asked DH if I could FedEx him to his grandparents for a few days. (To my credit, I did not flip out at the 2 yr old.  But I was peeved all day.)  I'm a thousand times grateful today is a daycare day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so irritable.  I'm (mostly) not acting on it because I realize it's just pregnancy, but it's a struggle.  
  • Options
    Well at 23 weeks I officially have milk coming out of my boobs!  Guess I should go find my reusable nursing pads because they are likely soon to be needed. 
  • Options
    Super grumpy here too.I know a lot is from being confined and in pain and sick with sick kid, but still....pregnancy is making it extra.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn that’s exactly how it feels to me - that my stomach is just overflowing because it’s too full lol. I’ve been doing smaller meals more often. I definitely notice it’s worse in the evenings too.
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 I feel you! I’m leaking too. Not all the time yet thankfully - some days it’s a lot and others nothing at all.
  • Options
    @SpartanCat @kyrwyn Oh heartburn... my  constant companion. It's literally after every meal. It's worse when I have chocolate. But I can't give up chocolate....... nope, can't do it. :(
  • Options
    @mariabele I also cannot give up chocolate. I found a no sugar added (Stevia sweetened) dark chocolate that is GD compliant/diabetic-friendly so I don't have to even with my dietary restrictions. I didn't know about this last pregnancy and it was a bitter, angry, chocolate-less third tri for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the irritable group.  Maybe it's a hormone surge since so many of us are dealing with it.  I don't really have enough discomfort to warrant it, IMO.

Also getting headaches again. Not as bad as the first trimester, but a mild one most mornings of the last week.

• Options
    lizanetlizanet member
    edited February 2020
    Please add me to the irritable group! 
    I am literally just annoyed by everything and everyone. 

SN: Funny story. baby is low and when he kicks or moves a certain way he must hit my cervix or something which makes me want to pee. (i have to also pee often now). I finish peeing and am crouched-mid way standing up- guess who kicks and causes a slight trickle before I can even get my pants on!  

Anyone else having less bladder control the 2nd(+) time around? 
  • Options
    Also irritable. Everyone and everything make me grouchy. 
  • Options
    Failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test and have to go back for the 3 hour. And my placenta is still low, they’re going to check again at 28 weeks so hopefully it’s come up. Feeling really down today from all the news.
  • Options
    @lizanet I would say some less control this (third) time. I had no leaks with 1, maybe 2 leaks with 2, and already 1 leak with this baby and not quite to third trimester yet. But I feel generally quite lucky that bladder control hasn't been a major issue of mine. I've got enough major issues, glad to escape something!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lizanet I don't have a lot bladder issues on normal days, but when I had the upper respiratory infection last month it was awful. I did so much laundry... :( This is my 2nd pregnancy and I feel like I was (comparatively) bulletproof for sneezing/coughing last time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JessiBrideJessiBride member
    edited February 2020
    First pregnancy, nothing.  Second, a tiny bit.  This one has been the worst...especially with coughing and sneezing so much the past month.  Not great. 

Fortunately, I was able to regain all control postpartum last time and am hopeful that is again the case.  If not, pelvic floor PT.
  • Options
    @sheshe3386 I hope your placenta moves up! 

Acid reflux is soooo bad today and I don’t know what I ate to trigger it. Where are my tums, you ask? In my bathroom cabinet, at home, where I am not :( 
  • Options
    Oof, so much pressure in my lower abdomen the last few days. Very uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Hopefully your acid reflux got better by the time you got home
  • Options
    @kyrwyn @JessiBride @pourmeanothermocktail my daughter was very low and it seems like this one will be too. maybe that part of why I have some trouble. I have also been congested my whole pregnancy. Going to my doc tomorrow I will be asking about it because I dislike being kicked and feeling a strong urge to pee. 
  • Options
    I had my first unscheduled visit of the pregnancy yesterday. To add to my frequent heart palpitations, I've had issues the last couple days with my feet swelling. As I was leaving work yesterday, both my hands and feet were swollen and my left leg suddenly had pins and needles. K called the doctor and they're concerned about preeclampsia. They tested and my urine is protein free and my blood pressure is normal so likely not pe but they're concerned about my swelling so early (22wks). They're referring me to a cardiologist just in case :( 
  • Options
    @SpartanCat Fx everything is okay and no pre-e. I have been going through something similar. I had swelling a few weeks ago, coupled, with a borderline BP reading, and daily headaches. So they were thinking pre-e too. Which is really scary at this point. They ruled out a clot, and all my bloodwork has come back normal. I actually finally had my follow up from that today. And thankfully my bp is good and no protein in urine. But they are continuing to monitor me every 2 weeks now just in case. I hope everything turns out normal for you too, but I know how nerve racking this can be. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @SpartanCat - I tend to retain water - period, ovulation, pregnant, salty meal, not enough water...my body's go-to is to retain water.  I've never had pre-e, but have always had cankles by the end of my pregnancy.  Are you drinking lots of water?  FX everything stays good.  @hanshotfirst77 - FX for you too :heart:
  • Options
    @SpartanCat I have been swollen lately, especially in my ankles. I also tend to retain water. Mine gets bad if I eat too much salt, don’t drink enough water or am on my feet too long. I hope the doctor can ease your concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one swelling. The heart palpitations really bother/worry me so I got extra nervous with the swelling. 

@JessiBride I drink at least 96 oz a day. If not (even a little less) I get headaches and itchy skin :(
  • Options
    A happy symptom: FINALLY getting consistent kicks.  This little guy went from flip-flop feelings and the occasional poke last week to an hour long bedtime dance party last night. DH got to feel him kick too.

I think I he had a massive growth spurt last week, too, because he seems to have much broader reach in his kicks/jabs and my scale told me I dropped 0.5% body fat in 3 days but my weight didn't change. Keeping my FX for happy, healthy, and I'd love this one to make it to 6lbs by delivery so we're safely away from the NICU cutoff even after the post-arrival weight drop. 

@SpartanCat @hanshotfirst77 Keeping my FX that everything's good for both of you. <3 
    Pregnancy Ticker