August 2020 Moms
Options

Multiples Thread

Hi all! Just wondering who out there is having multiples? I’m expecting twins (EDD 8/18) I thought we could start a thread discussing the unique things we might be facing in our pregnancies and for product tips. Look forward to meeting you all!

Re: Multiples Thread

• Options
    Yes! Happy to see there are others! I must have missed you on the intro thread I have been lurking for multiples! My EDD is 8/22. We have di-di twins. Would LOVE a multiples thread, maybe we could do like a monthly check in or something? I know there are a couple other potential multiples too I have seen on the US thread/spread sheet. @stownend3715 perhaps? 
  • Options
    Congrats to you! Our EDDs are so close! I don’t think I knew I was having twins yet in the intro thread and lately it’s been a whirlwind. I think a monthly thread is a great idea- hopefully others join too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats to you as well, momma! Our due dates are so close! I was looking at recent BMBs to try to creep on multiples threads for monthly ideas but came up short in recent months.

Here are random prompt questions we could maybe start with for intros- Feel free to adjust as you see fit or take out/add whatever you (or anyone else) would like!

EDD/size of babies? 8/22, 11w1d. They are the size of limes

How many multiples (twins, triplets, etc) and do you know the type (i.e. di-di, etc)? di-di twins

Describe the moment you first found out you were having multiples: I actually thought I was having a miscarriage due to **TW**
    some irregular bleeding. I went in expecting to hear confirmation of my suspicion, but instead left with not one but two healthy heartbeats. I also had a subchorionic hemorrhage which I guess is more common with multiples. I was very VERY surprised and so was DH (to say the least).  DH was pretty speechless but none-the-less we are both super excited!

How are you feeling (physical/emotional): This pregnancy has been really difficult in comparison to my previous which I guess makes sense due to higher HCG levels. The nausea, vomiting and fatigue are my biggest complaints. I am functional/able to work but its been rough. I feel helpless and not at all like myself. Fingers crossed some symptoms start to ease up now that 2nd tri is approaching!

FTM? STM? Or more? STM. DD just turned 2. 

What is one aspect of twins you are nervous about and one aspect you are excited about? I am super nervous about having 3 under 3. I know we will survive because we have a great support system (lots of family to help) but I know it will be a handful. I am super excited in general for newborn cuddles x2 and to expand our family. We always wanted a big family :-)

• Options
    Anyone have any book suggestions pertaining to raising twins/surviving newborn twins? I feel very ill-prepared and this situation seems like it might pan out better if I have a plan of attack. 
  • Options
    I think it’s just you and me! I haven’t found a book on raising twins, but I do have: When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads 4th Edition: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy. The weight gain recommendations have me nervous because I’ve really only gained 7lbs and I’m 14+3. I didn’t have nausea at all, but loss of appetite which is making it hard to hit my calorie goals 🤷‍♀️ My dr isn’t concerned but the book is pretty clear in its correlation between weight gain before 20 weeks and birthweight. 
  • Options
    Oh man that makes me nervous, what do they recommend by 20 weeks?? I’m down 10 lbs at 13w6d....I’m assuming that’s not a good start haha. I just started being able to eat normally though so maybe I’ll just play catch up! Has your belly been painfully stretching at an alarming rate? I already look at least 20 wks preggo 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Hey @desimonstre2020 not sure if you are still around, just wondering- Are you seeing a high risk OB or sticking with a regular?