November 2019 Moms

Postpartum Recovery

Hi mommas! 

I’m 12 weeks postpartum and had a second degree tear during delivery. I labored for 2.5 days and pushed for almost two hours. My doctor said everything healed fine at my 6 weeks pp checkup; however, I’m still not feeling fully recovered. I’m exclusively breastfeeding. 

1. I’m still feeling discomfort in my vulva/vagina. Sometimes it’ll sting if I move wrong and I’m constantly feeling as if the whole area is inflamed and it burns a bit, especially in the evening when I go to bed and I’m not moving. Wondering if it’s just the dryness from breastfeeding or if it’s just normal.

2. My urethra burns a little right after I pee and wipe. Not the way it burns when you get a UTI. I had to have 3 Foley catheters! One during delivery, one right after because I fainted, and one the second day because I couldn’t void properly.

3. I haven’t even tried having sex yet because I’m so scared. My amazing husband has been extremely understanding and patient, but I feel like I’ll never heal or feel normal again down there. 

4. I’m also dealing with hemorrhoids/fissures and my doctor said to take Miralax daily until they get better. So I’ve been taking it for 2 months now, drinking plenty of water, and increasing my fiber intake. 

I’m going back to work next week and I’m worried I’m gonna be feeling the same way at work and it’ll just make me miserable. 

Are any of you mommies experiencing anything like this 12 weeks or 3 months postpartum? I really thought I would be feeling better by now. :(