May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in 1/30

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 1/30

• What's going on this week? DDs birthday is coming up so I'm prepping for her mini-party (I figure an actual party every other year is more reasonable). I'm crazy and have been making components of her cake since Saturday. Then add end of quarter grading frenzy and my week is feeling long.

How far along are you? 24+5 

Upcoming appointments? 2/24 for a regular check up. Still waiting to hear from the hospital about the echo...

Cravings/Symptoms? Definitely want sweeter things these days but trying to keep it at bay.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? My school day was so busy up to this point that I didn't get to eat my 10:30 snack before I teach for 120+ minutes straight. I was definitely cranky. Luckily I have an older group of students in the middle who are all awesome. When I confessed I was in a bad mood because of that they talked to me about self care, and I was able to find a moment to eat my yogurt and cereal. 

Questions? Not today.
  • What's going on this week? Not much, just wishing I could sit on my couch all day. I fell asleep at my desk yesterday. 😬

How far along are you? 25 weeks!

Upcoming appointments? MFM appt on Monday and OB appt on Thursday. 

Cravings/Symptoms? I don't want to eat at all. I have to force myself and I feel sick if I don't, but I still don't want food.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I got DS and DD signed up for various half-day camps this summer, so they're not board out of their minds once the babies get here. I think they're going to have a lot of fun and I'm really excited for them.

Questions? Nope.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been gone for a while. I had some mental health things to take care of and I was off social media. I’ve been thinking about all you ladies though! Hope it’s OK that I’m popping back in. 

@jrouge12 I hope the results are good! Have fun planning the party. DD has a birthday in March and I’m starting to think about her party as well. It’s a great idea to do a mini party every other year. Do you have a theme to it or no?

What's going on this week? DD started MDO so I’ve been spending the time to myself getting caught up on Housework and napping when I can.

How far along are you? 25 + 6

Upcoming appointments? 2/17 I am Having an ultrasound to check baby boys size.

Cravings/Symptoms? Movement has been slowing down the past few days which I’m trying not to worry about. I still feel him moving so I’m not too concerned.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? As a whole, this has been a pretty difficult pregnancy for me. After a long day yesterday, DH came home from work and made the comment “Sometimes I forget you’re pregnant. It’s been a lot easier/quicker this time around” he got a major eye roll for that. Maybe easy for him…

Questions?

• @jrouge12 Awww, that's so sweet of your students!  I hate those days when you just don't have a second to do basic things like eat.

@ruby696 That was me when I was pregnant with DS1.  I didn't really enjoy any food for the whole pregnancy.  I just found smaller snacks that I could tolerate and lived off those.  I hope your appetite comes back!

@newmomtx06 I'm glad you're back!  I hope the break helped you out.  I totally get it!  I've had to take social media breaks for my mental health in the past as well.  I'm sorry this has been a difficult pregnancy, but I hope the rest of it goes by quickly for you!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• What's going on this week?  It's been a relatively quiet week, which I needed after last week.

How far along are you?  26w today!

Upcoming appointments?  I also have a scan on 2/17 to check on growth @newmomtx06

Cravings/Symptoms?  I really wanted nachos last weekend, so insisted on going to a place with HUGE platters of nachos.  But then I made the mistake of letting MH get pulled pork on top of them, and it overwhelmed the whole thing and kind of ruined it for me.  I need a nacho-do-over.  

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I'm going to a Friends themed party on Saturday with my college girls, and I'm excited to see them all, but not excited about driving the 2 hours to get there and not getting to sleep in my own bed.  Also, they're all going to be drinking tiki death punch out of blenders and I'll be sad to miss out, haha.  I might end up leaving early and just making the 2 hour drive home if they all get super drunk and I'm not too tired to make the drive.  

Questions?  Not at the moment!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @jrouge12 That is nice that you have that kind of rapport with your students! I'm sorry they haven't called about the echo yet. You are waiting to schedule it right?

@ruby696 I'm sorry that eating is so tough right now. My appetite seemed to kick up during the day, but then in the evenings I don't want anything. I hope all the activities planned help out this summer.

@newmomtx06 I'm sorry that this pregnancy has been so difficult. Hopefully these last couple months fly by for you. I've noticed that I feel much less movement on the weekends, I'm pretty sure because I am just constantly moving. During the work day I feel him moving so much throughout the day.

What's going on this week? Not much, but a whole lot. I just have no motivation. I need to do some grocery shopping and meal prepping/cooking. I need to sort and edit the newborn photos from last weekend and take some for another friend this weekend or soon. A lot of stuff needs to be done around the house. I just haven't been doing anything all week.

How far along are you? 25 weeks!

Upcoming appointments? 28 week appointment/glucose screening on Feb 18, endocrinology appointment Feb 24

Cravings/Symptoms? ice cream, but I love ice cream when not pregnant so who knows. I feel more fatigued lately and my skin has gone crazy again.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm just excited for the weekend. DH can help with bringing DD to gymnastics this time since he works a later shift. Super Bowl is Sunday and DH has off and no snow in the forecast so I don't need to spend a big chunk of time shoveling. RAVE: DH felt a kick for the first time last night!

Questions? Nope
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua Ice cream was one of my only sources of protein with DS1.  I had it every single night.  It was one of the only foods I could tolerate.  Live it up!  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll now I really want nachos! Extra cheesy. 

@ruby696 so sorry about your appetite. I was that way with DD. I would force snacks  down throughout the day but it was never pleasant.

@m6agua ice cream sounds good! I saw they have some new Cinnamon Toast Crunch  ice cream coming out and I’m excited.
  • TB is being weird.  @shamrocandroll thanks for the tag/shout out in the FB switch thread :)

What's going on this week? busy but short week at work which went by quickly, thankfully.  hoping for some time to recharge this upcoming weekend since i work the next.

How far along are you? 23w5d !

Upcoming appointments? routine visit next week.  i imagine we'll talk about when to schedule another growth scan to follow-up the hematoma.

Cravings/Symptoms? i think feeling pretty well other than the fatigue and heartburn.  finally got my pregnancy belt which is such a lifesaver but isn't making as huge of an impact on my sciatic as i hoped.  it takes a lot of tongue-biting will power to rise from a chair these days.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? nope! just trying to enjoy things and letting myself get excited.

Questions?
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn Yay, glad to see you back here!  I went for a prenatal massage and it helped my sciatica immensely.  She probably spent 50% of it just on my right back/hip/butt region alone.  I was amazed at how much it helped!  I'm also going to be starting up PT relatively soon, I think.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ruby696 I'm sorry food is so unappealing to you. I'll be sending DD to a half day camp too this summer so she can have a more interesting summer. I actually work for the older kids part of the camp. If it wasn't for wanting DD to be able to go, I'd have given the job up, but I'll be working there this summer again.

@newmomtx06 Glad to see you here again! I guess I had a "wild" theme, but didn't go all out. Her cake was a fox and I got her a shirt along the same "wild" theme. Baby girl seems to be slowing down a bit right now too. But at the US I had last Monday she was moving a lot (both the tech and the OB who later used the doppler to hear the HB remarked at how much she was moving). I'm sure everything is ok! I have to laugh at what your DH said, because sometimes I forget I'm pregnant! 😳

@shamrocandroll Yum, nachos! I've been all about melted cheese on carbs lately! Pulled pork would have ruined it for me too. We had chicken fajitas last week and I ended up eating the chicken separately and just melting cheese on the tortillas. I hope you had some fun at the party. I don't think I could handle all of my college friends super drunk right now either.

@m6agua I finally heard back about the echo late Friday afternoon. Its scheduled for this Wednesday. I can successfully meal plan like 2 days in advance right now. Hopefully you're able to catch up on house stuff. I'm lying in bed catching up on the bump.

@sevenn I'm so sorry about the sciatica! The phrase "tongue biting will power to rise from a chair " did make me laugh though!