Group 4 (July 24-31) Check In week of 1/27

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you?

Re: Group 4 (July 24-31) Check In week of 1/27

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 14 weeks, July 27

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO at ultrasound 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: beet

Upcoming appointments: I just had one, so not for another month. But at this point the appointments aren’t too exciting, what I’m really excited about is my anatomy scan in five weeks or I’ll get to find out the sex and see how little baby,s doing!

How are you feeling? So so much better, but I think I got a little ahead of myself this weekend thinking I’m back to normal. I’m way better than before but still having pretty limited energy.

Raves/Rants: I don’t love this in between phase where I don’t have the reassurance of feeling terrible (LOL), but there’s no significant bump and I can’t really feel movement yet.

Questions: is it weird that I just have no interest in telling anybody that I’m pregnant right now? I think I’m just too familiar with how many questions and comments come after that and I don’t feel like dealing with it. This morning I was trying to coach my three-year-old on breaking the news to my dad but predictably, she just didn’t bring it up at all. I’m just now I got off the phone with my boss and I have been thinking about telling him but again just really didn’t feel like it. But I’m at the point where I should probably tell people before they find out from that you could do know or just by looking at me.

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? I can never think of anything for this but I did just comment in random about how last night I stood up at a large group dinner to help my daughter before I realized my jeans were completely unbuttoned and unzipped. Luckily I was wearing black underwear and black jeans, but it’s definitely time to break out the maternity leggings.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 14 weeks 1 day- July 27th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!!! Boy!!! Still can’t believe it!!!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 🍊 

Upcoming appointments: Next week!!! First OB appointment!!!

How are you feeling? Better... but still on the struggle bus. Especially if I over due it!!! Low energy!!!

Raves/Rants: My rant is my mom. Constantly telling me things I should and shouldn’t do!!’ My rave it food!!! It is tasting so good!!! I am going to have to be careful or I will be as big as a house!!! 😭

Questions: Do you think they will do an ultrasound next week since it is my first visit with the OB?

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? Not sure... Probably lately how I am so unorganized and I am still not telling people I am pregnant. So they don’t understand why I don’t have my act together act work!!! 😭

@pa@Pascal86 I totally understand about the not wanting to tell people just so they don’t ask a million questions. My daughters told everyone at church. So when people saw me they had a lot of questions, and I was not really ready for people to know or really talk about it. I was kinda annoyed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 25, 14 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: as tall as a crayon 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 10 for a cervical length check and gender, and then 3 weeks after that for anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling? Ehh still hit or miss. Added in some reflux meds so that’s been helping. I was so anti-meds with DD, but this baby I am just relying on them. 

Raves/Rants: we may have found a house, serious fingers crossed if we find out if we got it this week!

Questions: nada

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? Omg DD pooped in the tub yesterday. And not a little poop, a big ol turd log! DH was bathing her and just panicked, it was hilarious. He starts hollering at me “Mom! We got a floater! Help!” She looked so confused  :D 
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'd think they prob would if you haven't seen anyone before/had any US yet.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/26. 14w 2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out at anatomy scan

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Baby chick 🐤 

Upcoming appointments: February for blood work. March 10 AS!

How are you feeling? I think I have more good days than bad now. But an occasional night I’ll still feel like total garbage so then I take a unisom just to pass out early. My general state of life was pretty lazy. So I feel I make always just be an exhausted person from trying to do things 😂

Raves/Rants: sleep is getting harder. Already. during the winter months generally all three animals share the bed with us and like to cuddle. I. Do. Not. Like. To. Cuddle. At least when I’m actually trying to sleep. I slept on the floor the other night to get away from everyone. (Still didn’t get any sleep though 😅)

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? Walked in on a patient and her significant other having sexy time. At the hospital. No locked doors. You probably shouldn’t be doing that. (It’s happened a few times.) more awkward than embarrassing. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 14 weeks 1 day 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: a peach 

Upcoming appointments: I finally have an appointment next Tuesday 😊 

How are you feeling? The past few nights I’ve been dealing with morning sickness and reflux again but otherwise I’m doing better than I was a few weeks ago! 

Raves/Rants: just Looking Forward to my appointment Tuesday. 6 weeks between appointments is too long! 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? one time when I was pregnant I was at Target and accidentally passed gas. It was like I had no control lol so much pressure and had no idea it was coming. I didn’t even look to see who was around I just quickly left the isle. 😂 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 26 / 14w2d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: peach/ baby chick 

Upcoming appointments: Not until Feb 24th 

How are you feeling? I'm exhausted and hungry lol. 

Raves/Rants: I'm just so so tired. Waiting for that energy to kick in.. anyyyy time now.
    In happy news my niece or nephew will be born some time in the next day or two!

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you?
    I feel like there's lots, but why can you never think of them when you're asked? I was lurking the other groups and someone mentioned falling on their bikes on a wine tour and that DEFINITELY happened to me. Right in front of the bike rental place, in front of the bike rental guys. I wasn't used to the height of the bike and when I went to stop I just toppled right over. We biked like 20 k that day and that was the only time I fell. 
  • Options
    meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited January 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: July 30th/ 13w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green (but I'm rooting for pink :) )

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Almost a peach

Upcoming appointments: Just bloodwork in February and another u/s in March.

How are you feeling? Tired and brain fog. I'm also starting a new job in the middle of February that requires me to get up earlier :disappointed:

Raves/Rants: Nothing really. I just want to feel rested when I wake up in the morning.

Questions: -

GTKY (stolen from Group 1): what's an embarrassing or hilarious thing that has happened to you? I can't think of anything really. I'm sure there is something, but it isn't in my brain right now.
  • Options
    @hbird0723 oh lord, that would definitely embarrass me! Actually, when I was in labor with my first I had an epidural and was just visiting with my mom, my sister, my ex husband, and a cousin, and the nurse came in to check on me and I swear I heard what sounded like her passing gas. Nobody said a word and when she left the room I turned to them and asked, "Oh my god, was she seriously just standing there and farting?!" They all died. It wasn't her, it was me. I just had no idea because I couldn't feel anything 😳😂  I do not pass gas in front of my husband or anyone, so, SUPER embarrassing. I already told my DH about that and he knows that is one of my fears. 😂
  • Options
    @modoodles 😂 I hate when this happens to my patients. I always really quickly remind them that they have no control over the waist down! Also said that means baby’s making his/her way down! 😂 I can’t wait to see what happens with my husband in the room during delivery. He has no idea. (We are going to take classes. Lol) 
  • Options
    @modoodles I'm dying but mostly just amazed that you can hold it in around YH that much?! I let it fly around mine. It's too uncomfortable to hold in all the time! #classylady
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I know that I am definitely in the minority on this one most of the time. I would rather just go to another room or something while pretending I need to get/do something. 🙈
  • Options
    I must be gassier than you. I'd be getting up every minute some nights lately :lol:
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 really?! Was this while working L&D?
  • Options
    @kc0711 yes! We do house a lot of high risk antepartum patients. Sometimes for months and months. Trying to have them not deliver. But still. Hospital is no place for sexy time. 
    One time I came in they were sharing a bed. A postpartum couple. (1-2 days post delivery) and he HAD A GLOVE ON and quickly moved blankets when I came around the Curtain. I’m like. What. Is going on. That’s definitely not pelvic rest. 😭 
  • Options
    stlbuckeye132stlbuckeye132 member
    edited January 2020
    @nursejenn5 wtf, who in their right mind wants to be touched down there that soon after pushing a baby out?! (Assuming she had a vaginal delivery I guess. Even with a c-section I think I'd want hands off then.)

Edited b/c I tagged the wrong person.... my brain is not working today.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 GROSS!!!! I was on pelvic rest for most of my pregnancy with DD and on the watch and wait list every week to get admitted from 24 weeks on. I’m pretty sure the absolute last thing on my mind was sexy time! I actually loved the fact that there was no way sexy time was allowed to happen so I didn’t have to say no! 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    @nursejenn5 honestly, that PP one would have made me question if there was some abuse going on. I can't think of one person I've ever met who wanted anything anywhere near them that soon after giving birth.
  • Options
    @blaf322 they were an.... odd couple. I'll leave it at that.
    But yes we do get a lot of sex workers, etc that have been walked in on, pleasing their, well. pimps. We have a lovely meth community around my hospital.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I CANNOT with these people having sex right after having a baby. Like, I have so many, many questions for them. I vividly remember having a patient at work who had a 15-week old baby at home and I was literally scanning her 14-15 week fetus residing in her uterus. My brain can’t fathom how that’s even possible. 
  • Options
    Oops, came in here to fill out and update and got distracted by the postpartum sex convo 😂

EDD/weeks+days: 14 + 3 7/25

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Crayon

Upcoming appointments: OB appt on Thursday

How are you feeling? Nausea is mostly gone except for when I first wake up and/if there’s any gross smell triggers. I’ll take it! With DS it was gone totally by 16 weeks, so hopefully the end is near!

Raves/Rants: just want to brag that I survived my teeth getting cleaned at the dentist yesterday and only had to stop to gag 2-3 times. Also, not a brag, but I can’t wait to be able to brush my teeth properly again because the hygienist told me my gums are showing some pretty bad signs of gingivitis. But she’s awesome and gave me lots of helpful tips and was very sympathetic to the pregnancy thing. She herself had hyperemesis so totally understood. 

Questions:  Curious if anyone’s feeling movement yet? I’m not feeling “real” movements yet, but I’m still being tickled lol. Also just very aware that there’s a “presence” in there, almost like that feeling you get when you’re about to drop in a rollercoaster. I have an anterior placenta this time, so the movements are definitely presenting a little differently/less obvious this time. 

oh god, I wish something came to mind. Guaranteed, it’s something to do with running my mouth too much. Probably while drunk. I’m notorious for not shutting the f up and telling wayyy too much personal stuff if I’ve had a bit too much to drink 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @kristinl492 we just had a patient with that exact scenario 😬
  • Options
    @modoodles I am the same way! I would find it embarrassing even if DH heard lol that is too funny but also wouldn’t have been in the moment! 

• Options
    Lurking from group 2... @nursejenn5 holy shit, you've walked in on multiple people having sex while still in the hospital postpartum?? I just cannot wrap my mind around that. Yikes. And @kristinl492 that patient's scenario is my worst nightmare. Luckily it would never happen since I def did not think about sex until MONTHS after DD was born, and wasn't interested until months after that, honestly.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I just can’t. Beyond how physically disgusted that makes me feel, I also can’t understand how the human body would allow a pregnancy to happen that quickly. You’d think there would be some sort of natural defense mechanism in place there 😳
  • Options
    I definitely started this thread and forgot to post my own ...   :#

Also OH MY GOSH to the sex immediately postpartum.  Ouch. 

EDD/weeks+days:  14 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:   The doc said she was 75% sure it was a boy at our NT scan last week, so probably team blue.  

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Peach!  

Upcoming appointments: Check up next Friday

How are you feeling? Much better these days.  Lots more energy than before.  

Raves/Rants: I still can't sleep great and my allergies are DRIVING ME CRAZY.  

Oh goodness. Probably the time I tripped over someone's backpack in my classroom and fell on my butt in front of my entire class.  While wearing a dress.  haha

• Options
    @kristinl492 people thinking breastfeeding is a good birth control. False. And just cause your period hasn’t come back. Doesn’t mean you can get pregnant. Y’all(we’ll really. We all) know how you got here in the first place... I’m a FTM and can’t imagine that early. 
    H and his younger brother are almost exactly one year apart. But his mother was a shady lady back then, so not to surprising. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 at least a year apart means she at least waited til she got out of the delivery room 😆
  • Options
    Okay so this is probably TMI! But my pregnancy after loss brain is kinda going crazy!!! Is anyone else having heavy discharge! And kinda thick! I have had this for two days straight. The discharge is clear and has no smell, but I have never had discharge like this in any of my other pregnancy. Dr. Google says it’s normal... I would call my doctor, but technically right now I am a new patient and will not see her until Wednesday. Sigh....
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls It is completely normal. The only time you have to worry is if it is an odd colour or if there is a smell. Don't panic.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 14 weeks 4 July 27th 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink! 🎀

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: bubble tape bubble gum 😂 

Upcoming appointments:  I just had one on tuesday my next one will be at the end of February. She measured at 15 weeks but didn’t say they are moving up the due date. Which is good because my brother is getting married July 16th haha hopefully I can make it. 

How are you feeling? My energy level is up and I can eat more. I’ve been getting headaches pretty much every other day. And then one migraine a week. Which I never have gotten before so that’s fun.   

Raves/Rants: my husband is just stressing me out. He doesn’t really get being pregnant (this is our first) and how tiring it is. And he get frustrated because he feeling “like he’s doing so much” and he is wanting to get a new car that’s safer when the baby comes and he’s stressing me out about his inability to make a choice haha. Kinda silly but still I don’t want to hear about cars haha. Maybe I am just tired since sleeping is getting a little harder. Who knows. 

Questions: no questions as of right now. 

I can’t think of anything right now...