Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/27

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you :)

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 1/27

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 17w3d due 7/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink🌸

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: weighs as much as a hockey puck 

Upcoming appointments: US 2/7

How are you feeling? Good overall. Starting to feel that little discomfort lying on back and R side. Almost like a nausea. 

Raves/Rants: bumpin for sure. So thankful that all my sister’s maternity clothes fit! 

Also, saw a chiro last week and my rib pain is gone! Hallelujah! 

Questions: has anyone started or finished their nursery yet?! We have the furniture all in the boxes and haven’t cleared out the room! 

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you  hmm well this weekend a house fire broke out across the street from our house (in suburbs) and it reminded me of how I panicked during a tornado when I was in Tulsa last year taking a continued education course. All the other students in the course were calm and collected, listening to the news and waiting it out in the shelter, while I was sobbing and shaking. Looking back now, embarrassing! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 16+6 (July 7th)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green all the way

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: taco! 

Upcoming appointments: 6 feb/18 feb. I’m supposed to be transferring to a higher level facility BUT they can’t get me any more info. 

How are you feeling? Crappy. To be honest this bed rest issue has broken all the good things about the military I loved. Because nothing has been approved I’ve had to go to work since being admitted last week—and threatened with being called out AWOL. I just can’t. This isn’t how I treat service members, and I just can’t. I’ve never had such a piss poor command. And I’m an mid level officer myself 

Raves/Rants: see above. 

Questions: any STM’s dragging on doing anything? I feel like last time my nursery was picked out and done and I was all into it. This time I’m just *blah*

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you 
    Embarrassing for sure: I am the only person in my family who has hit all of our cars with all of the other cars...in our driveway. I have no explanation but I have a pristine driving record otherwise. My dad brings it up ALL the time, I literally cannot get away from it. If I’m backing up at my parents house I will for sure hit another car if it’s in the driveway. 
    Although to be fair I haven’t done this since 2009. I also refuse to back up down their very curvy driveway now
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @samwalker714 we've ordered furniture and half all but the shell of the dresser and chest of drawers upstairs... that's it.

@footdrbritt lots to comment on for you
    1. ugh... I'm so mad for you! I can't believe they're treating you like this!! Especially as a medical professional with a serious medical concern. Like, you people should know better!

2. Re: being a slacker... yesssss.... I feel like a lot of it is because I just don't LOVE anything nursery related. Like, don't love any one look, didn't love any furniture (though, I finally settled and ordered some), just don't love any of it. And the rest, I'm kind of like... meh... we have everything we NEED for the most part

3. Re: your story :D Dead! My mom has hit both mine and my dad's car (his twice) while backing. She jokes that it's her driveway and she can drive where she wants hahaha. When she hit mine, she didn't even realize it was in the driveway. Like, at all. I was yelling for her to stop b/c I could tell she was going to hit it. She slams on the breaks and thought we stopped b/c she hit the breaks, then looks at me and says, "why are you yellin' at me?!" Obviously, we laughed once she realized she had slammed into my car.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/5 ; 17w 1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: chipmunk 

Upcoming appointments: AS on 2/17 then OB appt on 2/18

How are you feeling? really good! I had a protein shake over the weekend (they've been making me nauseous up until this point) and, get this, I ATE RED MEAT! I've been pretty meat averse... especially red meat. But I ate a burger! I was so proud hahah (it's the little things)

Raves/Rants: DD was an ass on Sunday. We had a play date with 3 other families with kids that we're very close friends with (thank goodness... I'd have been even more mortified if we weren't so close with all of them) and, I swear, she cried over evvvvverything. Came downstairs SOBBING at one point. We all thought she was hurt. 
    DD: Grace bumped into me!
    DH: Are you hurt?
    DD: (immediately stops crying) No... .I wanna get down and go play
     :|  

Her mood didn't improve until right before we left. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you: I realized that I came up with this, but Google helped me. I'll post something when I think of it. Sorry! :#
  • Options
     @footdrbritt me! I feel like I'm so preoccupied with DS that I don't really find the time during the weekends to sort and organize anything. DS and this little one will be sharing a bedroom, so I need to come up with creative ways to make the space toddler/baby friendly. Also I need to get DS switched over to a big boy bed, so finding him furniture, etc has been my main focus.

EDD/weeks+days: July 7/16w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Taco!

Upcoming appointments: AS scheduled for Feb 12

How are you feeling? overall pretty good, but some days I feel like I'm already 40 weeks pregnant. I need to find some time to rest and practice self care so it doesn't get worse. Also last night I had some pretty serious cramping going on, it kind of scared me...wasn't sure what was happening, but this morning after a cup of coffee and a good poop I feel 100% better :D

Raves/Rants: I've got nothing, except that I'm happy this is finally the last week of January!

Questions: How many cups of coffee (if any) are you having a day? I'm allowing myself 1 cup in the morning, then switching to decaf, but I could really use a afternoon pick up me to muscle through the evening.

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you - guys I'm so lame, and I can't think of anything that's worth sharing. I'm a pretty quiet, play it safe kind of gal who overthinks everything, so I try to avoid all embarrassing situations lol

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: Due 7/7 16 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Team Green - we knew with my 1st, were surprised with #2 and decided we will go with the surprise this time, too

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: onion 🧅

Upcoming appointments: sometime in February- anatomy scan is scheduled at 19 weeks along with AFP bloodwork 

How are you feeling? I’m actually having a ton of anxiety.  I find myself worrying a lot- not about the pregnancy but about everything else.  I have a history of PPA/PPD so I’ve got to keep a watchful eye on it. If you recall my last post, I was having some pretty major headaches.  I think the magnesium may be helping, but I also switched prenatal brand just in case. 

Raves/Rants: 
    My 4yo sneaks into our bed every night after we fall asleep.  I actually don’t normally care, but I’m getting big and there just isn’t space.  I‘m tired. 

Questions: 

I’m a l&d nurse.  We wear hospital provides scrubs.  They have a drawstring.  I was in a delivery once and felt the drawstring loosening, but I had gloves on and the baby was being born.  After baby was safely on mom’s chest, my pants fell halfway down.  I think everyone was so preoccupied with the baby delivery that they didn’t notice too much. Orrrr at least that’s what I hope. 

@samwalker714 we don’t even have a room to be a nursery 😂 this is #3.  He or she is getting a bassinet in our room until we figure something out.  My list of things I need is so short but surely missing things.  It’s been 4 years, so we will just roll with it. 

@footdrbritt see above regarding slacking.  Poor baby #3.  Truly gets the shaft.  I recommend Seth Meyer’s routine on 3rd babies from Lobby Baby for anyone who is slacking but wants to laugh. 

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    @coffeeandcookies84 in my non-professional opinion, I feel like having another (normal sized) cup of coffee in the afternoon would be totally fine. I have a small part of a diet coke in the AM during the week... but just b/c I like diet coke. I don't really drink caffeine otherwise.

@MrsTiger123 not sure if you have this already planned out, but I got started back up on my prozac during my 3rd tri with DD because I felt like I'd probably be prone to PPD/PPA and we wanted to head it off. Have you considered starting on something for maintenance down the road so you have a better chance of never getting to that place? The challenging part (that I'm sure you know) is that maintenance meds take a few weeks to take full affect.... so if you're in the throes of PPD/PPA.. it can feel never ending by the time you get on something.
  • Options
    @MrsTiger123 so in residency similar thing happened to one of my plastic surgery attendings and it was hysterical after the fact. I’ve had some close calls myself, those hospital scrubs are tricky!

And I feel much better knowing I’m not the only one slacking, I’m just going with it at this point 🤣
  • Options
    k_shauntek_shaunte member
    edited January 2020
    EDD/weeks+days:
    July 3rd / weeks + 3 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out next Thursday, February 6th

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: playstation controller 

Upcoming appointments:
    1/31 monthly check-up

How are you feeling?
    I'm okay. Migraines come and go. Nasty metallic taste still comes around. My body gets restless some times to the point I want to grey out of my own skin. But, it could be worse. 

Raves/Rants:
    now I am starting to show. Belly it grew normal wearing pants. I am tying to find a happy place with pregnancy clothes. Trying to buy what I think I may need later on. Not just for now. Spent way too much on clothes that I'm not satisfied with. So I will keep maternity leggings and buy a few cheap tunics and baby doll tops and a few extra dress. That should hold me until baby arrives right at the beginning of when summer heat kicks in. So I shouldn't need maternity shorts or tank tops.

Well let's see... just over the weekend. I placed my leftovers in the pantry, instead of placing it in the refrigerator 😐😤😂
  • Options
    @k_shaunte ... I'm not sure I understand your question about maternity wear. Can you elaborate on what your question is?
  • Options
    @blaf322 it's okay. I found a post regarding maternity wear.
  • Options
    Thought of a funny/embarrassing story!
    Backstory: I fall a lot... well, I used to. I don't know why. But I was just a clutz. I've gotten better with age.

We were going out for my bestie's H(my H's bestie)'s 30th bday celebration 6ish years ago. We went to dinner and then had a limo to take us out and bar hopping. As we're in the limo, on our way to the place we'd be bar hopping, I proclaimed that my one goal that evening was to not fall (I had on some serious heels). So, of course, the MINUTE I step out of the limo (totally sober, I'll add) onto the shitty sidewalks of the area we were getting out, my heel gets stuck in a crack in the sidewalk and I. went. down. :D I tried to save myself on the way down and grabbed onto my bestie. It didn't work. I basically just clawed her like a cat the whole way down hahahaha.... we still laugh about it now and then. And, pic of me and a few friends from that night, pre-fall :)

• Options
    @blaf322 as discussed in randoms, here I am ceeping, and your story reminded me of another of mine! MH and I went on a bike tour of wineries in Napa, and before the tour I asked our guide if anyone had ever fallen off their bike because I was nervous about doing so. He told me no, and the whole saying of "it's like riding a bike" is there for a reason - I'll remember how to do it no problem. Lies. As soon as we had to make one turn, I fell off my bike. Also completely sober! :joy: I love that you tried to grab onto your friend while falling haha
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 :D:D:D I'm impressed you signed up for this! I'd have definitely fallen and also ended up with a DUI from riding a bike around after going to wineries (you can totally get one for bike riding under the influence lol)
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 2nd/17w+5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: AS 2/6

How are you feeling? Not too bad, mainly just some round ligament hip pain and a little back pain. And my pants aren't comfortably buttoning as of last week, so I'm using a belly band and that's working well. Need to go shopping for some maternity jeans!

Raves/Rants: Cleaned out our pantry over the weekend...it was pretty gross, feels good to get that done. Working on some early spring cleaning, getting rid of a TON of stuff, making room for baby in our 450 sq ft studio apartment.

Questions: If anyone has any suggestions on living with a baby in a small space/studio apartment, please share!

GTKY: Tell me something embarrassing/hilarious that's happened to you  I can't think of anything...sorry to be so lame!
  • Options
    @blaf322 honestly I got better once I had wine in me. It made me chill and quit worrying about falling haha
  • Options
    @eljames83 oh, girl... I wish I had some good suggestions for you but I have more questions than anything! I'd probably google something like how to set up a studio apartment for a newborn and see what ideas are out there. Hopefully they have some ideas to help with creating separate spaces and dividers that could help provide a little bit of a sound barrier. Good luck!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 18 +, 7/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Mango

Upcoming appointments: 2/11 Anatomy scan, 2/13 3rd Ob

How are you feeling? Recovering from food poisoning but ok on pregnancy scale.  Think getting sick from the food caused Braxton/Hicks sensations or that's what my friend google led me to believe. 

Raves/Rants: Never eat the chinese food in Orlando airport. 

Questions: 

Long before he was President, I wiped out on ice in front of Donald Trump when in NYC outside of Trump Tower.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah oh no! I'm so sorry you got sick. That sounds awful!
    BH, for me, were just a tightness. Never really painful... my belly was just tight.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 18 +, 7/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Mango

Upcoming appointments: 2/11 Anatomy scan, 2/13 3rd Ob

How are you feeling? Recovering from food poisoning but ok on pregnancy scale.  Think getting sick from the food caused Braxton/Hicks sensations or that's what my friend google led me to believe. 

Raves/Rants: Never eat the chinese food in Orlando airport. 

Questions: 

Long before he was President, I wiped out on ice in front of Donald Trump when in NYC outside of Trump Tower.
    I had food poisoning with my last pregnancy. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.  It was awful and scared me bc of the ctx and whatnot. 

• Options
    @blaf322 What I've experienced is what you are describing.  I'll ask about it at my next Ob appointment.  The lump that tightens up is a weird sensation.
    It may be years before I eat orange chicken again after this week's experience.  However, I'm glad to be home and that I got out of the airport without further angst. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 7, 18+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We're finding out next Thursday! SO excited.

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Artichoke/large croissant (mmm, croissants)

Upcoming appointments: Had a midwife appt yesterday. I was bummed to find out that due to the single umbilical artery babe has, the homebirth we planned is no longer an option. Looking forward to our 20 week ultrasound next week though!

How are you feeling? Amazing! Super tired the past few days, but the nausea is gone, no big headaches, I'm enjoying meals again, and just finally feeling the second trimester euphoria. I truly didn't think I would since it was a hard go up until just recently.

Raves/Rants: My mom blurted out our name choice for a girl at our family dinner last Sunday. I'm still trying to get over being mad. Also, I wish people would stop being so judgmental about your pregnancy and birth choices. When we'd talked about planning a homebirth, my brother and sister in law reacted like we'd just killed a cat or something. Same goes for choice of names, etc. Why do people think it's any of their business, or at all appropriate to share their negative viewpoints on it?

Questions: Does anyone else get scared about how quickly pregnancy seems to go sometimes? My belly popped over the past week and a half and seems like it's just growing daily, and part of me gets so scared because it almost feels like I'm on a runaway train that I can't slow down. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited about our little one, but sometimes it just feels like it's progressing so quickly and it throws me sideways.

Pregnancy farts are no joke. I'm pretty sure people I work with think I have some kind of gastro disease now.