April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms Week of 1/27

Re: Weekly Randoms Week of 1/27

• Options
    My sweet puggo was sick all yesterday and overnight. Luckily I managed to get him a spot at the vet that's late enough to let me get to my midwife/glucose test appointment, get back to walk our other pup, and get him in on time to get checked out. It breaks my heart for my furbaby to be sick. I can't even imagine how much harder it'll be when bean is sick someday 💔
  • Options
    @korthouse Poor pug. I hate when they are sick. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Getting overwhelmed with potty training DS. Finally had a completely accident free day yesterday and then he has an accident 30 minutes after going today. So frustrating! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The pregnancy brain is hitting peak levels as I drove the entire way to work this morning without my wallet. :neutral: And this was after an unusually good night of sleep. Hoping my DH can swing by and drop it off for me before I have to drive home tonight. 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I think it is so about them being ready or not. Kenzie has been doing really well- but she does not like to be wet or 'dirty' anymore so I think that pushed her. We still check in with her a lot when she is being active and pre-occupied or having fun. But now she gets mad if we ask too much. We also make her try if it has been close to 2hrs bc she rarely goes longer than that. I know all kids are different but I really think her not liking to be dirty was a big factor for us. Even when she gets messy at dinner she needs a napkin and has to wash her hands. I expect baby boy to be harder!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @korthouse Poor baby puggo :( It sucks so bad when a furbaby is hurt or sick. My Vera had Lyme last year and her sadness when taking her meds made me cry. Way to go for making it work and still kicking the day's ass with your appointments!! <3
  • Options
    I'm fuming right now because in a team meeting a coworker (who everyone in the group knows is a slacker and yet somehow is a manager) said "There were a lot of projects in 2019 I didn't finish because THEY WERE TOO BORING". Word for word, in front of our director, and then the director, who favorites her so hard, defended her. I'm sorry but WHAT. This woman is a manager and yet I'm working my pregnant bum off and can't get a promotion to save. my. life. Sometimes corporate life and the politics really drives me bonkers. 
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I think Ethan is definitely there in terms of not liking being wet/dirty. He just gets too distracted with playing a lot of times, but at the same time doesn't like to be asked too often.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @literatureandink that's frustrating!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @literatureandink That is so annoying. I hate that so many places treat incompetent employees better than the ones that actually do all the work. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 The thing that is EXTRA killing me is that everyone knows how useless she is (she blatantly watches videos at her desk and constantly has Twitter up) but she was my director's first hire and they worked 1:1 for years so she protects her. It's horrible. I want to complain to the global head SO BAD but I also don't want to be "that girl".
  • Options
    @literatureandink could you go to the head more as a 'motiviation is really difficult for a team when our manager says things about not doing work bc it is boring...' and 'having to explain to teammates about rules around videos/ social media use is hard to enforce when our manager does x' so you are framing it in more of a - hey, this team is trying to succeed so how can I help when they see X? instead of - hey, X is horrible, here is why....
    i always find going to higher ups with things I am trying to solve, and my thoughts around what is making it difficult or what I want to attempt, has better results as it isn't seen as complaining.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 That's really good phrasing!
  • Options
    jenabaryjenabary member
    edited January 2020
    @literatureandink That is so awful! We have some of those politics in our office as well. In fact, I learned yesterday that the director of our department (who already makes wayyyyy more than all of us) received nearly a 10% increase in pay at the start of the year. The rest of us received 3% or less which was positioned as “the best they could do.”
  • Options
    @jenabary that is bullllllllllshit!
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 have you tried setting a timer to remind him? When potty training DD1, she would get so distracted, she would completely forget to go. I started setting a timer for every 30 minutes and would have her stop what she was doing and go into the bathroom. She didn’t always have to go (obviously) but it helped her remember to think about if she needed to go or not - we really only had to do that for like 2-3 days before it stuck. And now she goes to the bathroom half the time whenever a timer goes off 😂
  • Options
    @skc040512 we don't do a timer, but we try to at least have him go every 2 hours and I think he's getting better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ everyone complaining about work reading all of this is making me so mad!! 
  • Options
    @literatureandink Ugh, I'm getting flashbacks of my old job reading what you wrote. My supervisor was tight with our building manager, and she'd been with our company for like 20+ years so she could get away with doing absolutely nothing and pawning off her work on me and my co-worker. The pay was awful too! Took me years, but I finally got out of that awful place and found somewhere I like better and pays better too. It's not perfect; we have an awful manager they hired a year ago to manage our building who micromanages us yet doesn't do his job. We've tried talking to his boss, but so far, it's only resulted in team building exercises and reminders to the staff to "adapt to change." But I have the best direct supervisor, and I love most of my co-workers so most of the time things are okay. I can't imagine if I was pregnant at the other place I worked, but my supervisor has worked with me through doctor appointments and work restrictions and FML paperwork, and I'm so grateful for that. 
  • Options
    I rarely ever get pedicures, but after trying to paint my toenails last night, I think I'm gonna treat myself to one before baby comes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Officially booked our spa day today and I am PUMPED. It was our compromise on not traveling gor a baby moon but still having a special "getaway" together before baby. It's not a beach, but I'll still get to go for a swim, and they have RMTs trained in prenatal massage so I'm a happy lady.

I also finally tackled decluttering part of baby corner and sorted through my mess of old costume/fashion jewelry. One of those finicky tasks that I know won't ever get done once baby is here but that has been nagging at me.
  • Options
    @korthouse HOORAY FOR SPA DAYS!!!

@Kathryn0903 good for you girl! Those does deserve it!!
  • Options
    As of me changing into PJs I’ve decided that this is the kid that finally flips my belly button.  It’s dangerously close.  

@korthouse that sounds amazing.  I would do just about anything for a prenatal massage 
  • Options
    @KFrob My bellybutton is getting more shallow each day! I’ve been wondering if it’s going to pop out!
  • Options
    A co-worker I never talk to and has only been at the company like 6 months was like "So.... you're due any day now right?"  and I was like "No, not until end of March/beginning of April" and he was just in a talkative mood which I am not today as my team has people out today and we're busy.  He talked about his kid for a minute and then was like "are these your first or do you have other kids" and so apparently his team hasn't clued him in on my history. So all I said was "yes, we have another daughter" and then thankfully I started having a computer issue so I could change the subject because ***TW***  I really didn't want to get into details about our daughter and deal with the "making someone feel better because they inadvertently brought up our stillborn daughter".   **end TW**  On another note, the computer issues went away with a simple restart. Don't worry, I wasn't mean or rude, as he is just trying to make conversation and get to know more people at the company and that's totally understandable!
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 Thank goodness for computer issues. That must be a hard thing to deal with whenever it happens. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    In case anyone is looking to size up maternity or pick up some bigger sized postpartum clothes Old Navy is having a fantastic clearance sale.  Stuff is super marked down, then an extra 25% off, and then another 15% off on top of that!    
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 Sorry you had to go through that
  • Options
    @mercury94 and @kfrob Thank you!  I just sometimes take for granted that everyone at work knows - because most of them do!  And it was early in the morning and I just wanted to get started on work and knew that would end up in a long conversation that I just didn't feel like getting into at the time.   I'm leaving early for a prenatal appointment today so wanted to maximize my time working.   (And yes, I'm on the Bump with ya'll for a small mental break here and there! :smile: )
  • Options
    My toddler has apparently decided to mutiny against sleeping this week! She is usually a great, all night sleeper- so we are lucky and very confused. Hoping it's just a bad few nights. DH is back home late tnght and if she decides a 1am parent party is required, I am making that all his! Maybe snuggles with dad won't be as enticing and she'll go the F to sleep. Seriously, 1am-past 5am last night, same thing on Mon night. Hysterics if I left her room. Fun times.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Options
    @KFrob thanks! Stocked up on some shirts to get me through April. Couldn’t believe how low the prices got! 
  • Options
    @gingers19 Right!?!  I grabbed a bunch of short sleeved stuff sized up for postpartum to prepare for the inevitable melt down about how none of my clothes fit.  I think I got myself 4 shirts and DH a pair of slippers for $40! 
  • Options
    Just changed my due date on the Amazon registry, so I could order a bunch of stuff. Super excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker