May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check in 1/23

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check in 1/23

• jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited January 2020
    What's going on this week? Easy week at work with no teaching duties. Definitely why I'm posting this so early! 

How far along are you? 23+5

Upcoming appointments? Monday for a repeat AS. Hoping baby girl cooperates for the shots they need.

Cravings/Symptoms? Waking up a lot at night hasn't helped my fatigue. Heartburn. The usual. I feel super hungry and I'm trying not to eat my lunch before 8am because then I have minimal snacks that aren't just candy. Maybe I can convince a colleague to make a dunkin run?

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Yesterday a colleague who noticed I was "bumpier" than the last time they saw me congratulated me and said good job on the due date (end of May is a good time for a teacher). I had to laugh and say thank you! I'd really only find that comment appropriate from another teacher mom. 😂 Short rant on my pregnant bowels: I stopped typing this post to run down to the bathroom thinking I was close to an emergency only to have to pee and have some gas. ::sigh:: 

Questions? Not really. 
  • What's going on this week? I'm doing a newborn (well he is 9 weeks) photo shoot on Sunday. DH actually has off so we will probably do something as a family too. I'm also just trying to catch up around the house. I'm hoping I can go through DD's old clothes and post on FB for sale over the weekend.

How far along are you? 24 weeks!

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow for a regular checkup

Cravings/Symptoms? I have been feeling uncomfortable more up in my right rib cage area so I know he is getting bigger. I had a similar feeling with DD and it ended up being her head, this time it feels similar but a little different so I'm hoping he doesn't settle in breech.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I put this on the randoms thread, but the billing for my 16 week appointment/quad test got messed up and now I have to call my insurance. I feel like I'm always calling them.

Questions? Nope
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • @jrouge12 Sometimes you just cannot chance those "maybe" gas feelings. I've been waking up a ton at night too along with DD waking up around 3 most nights. I just talked to H about it and said how I realized this is preparing my body for the lack of sleep with a newborn.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @jrouge12 Been there on thinking I was finally going to poop, rushing to the toilet, and... a little bit of gas. Such a letdown.

@m6agua Both mine were breach at my fetal echo last week. I know they still have lots of time, but I'd at least like to feel like I'm choosing a c-section, you know?

What's going on this week? Not a whole lot. DD is sick and has a high fever and I'm worried I'll get it. Fevers in pregnancy freak me out.  Other than that, add me to team keeps waking up at night. I wish my body would prepare to be up when I was on maternity leave. Having to be up at 5:00 after waking up all night sucks 

How far along are you? 24 weeks today! 

Upcoming appointments? Eh, I'm sure I do. Maybe with my MFM next week? There are getting to be so many.

Cravings/Symptoms? I don't feel like eating at all, which is a problem. And other than being huge and crying easily, I think constipation is my biggest issue. Coffee seems to be helping a bit.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I can't believe we're so close to 3rd tri! I'm both excited and terrified.

Questions? Not right now.
  • @ruby696 I hope the coffee keeps helping and that you don't get a fever! I am also excited and terrified about the 3rd tri! DH has decided to finish the basement in preparation for the baby (moving the office for DDs room). Luckily his uncle convinced him to only do one part (which includes a new water heater and moving it). I don't think we could financially handle it all. There is a lot of time for the babies to turn yet, DD was breech until 32/33 weeks. I did spinning babies and chiropractic care and I'm pretty sure she flipped shortly after an intense chiro session. I forget are you for sure getting a c-section or still waiting until it is closer to decide?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I'm going to wait and decide when they force me to probably. Lol. I just really don't know which way I want to go.
  • @m6agua Hope you find something fun to do as a family this weekend! I hate having to call insurance companies...I wish I could tell my brain we don't need to prepare. I already know how the newborn thing goes, let me sleep!

@ruby696 I hope you don't get sick! Maybe it's something you already have immunity to! My alarm goes off at 4:45 so I'm right there with you. It feels like by the time it goes off, I've been awake for 2 hours already. I drink coffee normally to be regular. At the moment regular is not the adjective for me...
  • @jrouge12 haha the pregnancy emergency bowels are no joke! I swear Starbucks hits me hard every time!

@m6agua sorry about the insurance issuea. That sucks!

@ruby696 hopefully you don't catch a fever. And I seriously can't believe how fast our pregnancies are going! It's insane

What's going on this week?
    BF class was Wed, glucose screening was yesterday and OB appt today. It was a weirdly busy appointment week for me.

How far along are you? 24+1

Upcoming appointments? 24 week OB appt in a few hours

Cravings/Symptoms? The only symptom I seem to keep having is the pelvic pain and pressure and of course a big bundle of emotions. Not really craving much. I've been hooked on oranges lately but I think that's more of a "they're in season and amazing" not so much craving.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm hoping my OB has the results of my glucose test today. I'd just like to know asap so I can get on with my diet if I need to.

Questions? Has anyone tried a maternity belt for pelvic pain? I saw online that they're supposed to help relieve the pain and pressure on your hips and pelvis. Example of what I'm talking about in spoiler

• I'm super late to this check-in, but it's my favorite check-in, so I wanted to make sure I got around to it!

@jrouge12 Good luck at your repeat AS today!  I hope it goes well and she cooperates for you!  Also, I feel you on the bowel struggles.  I nearly had to sprint to the restroom myself this morning.  I hate how I am either constipated or in an emergency situation these days!  But I feel great now, at least!

@m6agua I hope the photo shoot went great yesterday!  GL at your appointment.  I hope you don't have to spend TOO long on the phone with insurance.  Such a PITA.  

@ruby696 Isn't it so refreshing going from obsessing about every appointment to "eh, I'm sure I have something coming up?"  I don't really get excited or nervous about them anymore, which is really comforting to me.  And OMG yes to the crying!  I cried at the beginning of a show/concert we brought DS to this weekend because the look on his face was so amazed!  I'm like "Seriously, Shamroc?  Are you going to cry at Monster Jam too???"  :lol:

@splashmountain I have a support belt, and it seems to help with my back pain and sciatica, although it doesn't totally fix it.  Mine is the kind that is pretty rigid and wraps pretty tightly around my hips and back with velcro elastic straps , but dips down below my bump.

What's going on this week?  Last week sucked, but this past weekend was awesome!  We took DS to a show/concert, and he LOVED it, and it was so cool to see the wonder in his eyes.  This kid loves music, and especially drums.  We're screwed, haha.  

How far along are you?  25+4

Upcoming appointments?  I have an US on the 17th because I'm not gaining much weight and they want to make sure baby isn't measuring small.  This happened with DS1 as well and he was almost 9 lbs, so I am not very worried.  I started off the pregnancy with extra weight to spare, and I just haven't had a huge appetite.  I'll have my 3rd tri bloodwork and GD test the week before, but it's just a lab visit.  

Cravings/Symptoms?  I'm having a good amount of heartburn, which makes me not want to eat that much.  Although I did eat a whole box of Samoas over the last 3 days.   :#

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I've been kind of checking out of the BMB lately.  I just haven't felt that connected to the group minus you ladies and a few others.  I'm trying to do better, though.

Questions?  None I can think of!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll Same as far as the lack of connection. On another note, I'm impressed it took you three days to finish a box of Samoas - I can polish off a box of thin mints in a day. 😬
  • @shamrocandroll I feel you on the not super connected thing. I think it's because there's so many people. For a long time I only participated on the ttcal board and even when I moved to ttgp, it was mostly the ttcal thread and the if thread. I'm just used to my smaller groups. Maybe when the decision of PG vs FB gets figured out, it'll help a little? And thanks for the input on the support belt, I need to figure out something, my body's a wreck and I'm too exhausted to convince myself to do my yoga lol
  • @shamrocandroll & @ruby696 Same-ish, this is why I just think it is too soon for the group to move. Honestly I feel like I may skip the large move and stick around here, then maybe a small closer group can form here and move later.

@shamrocandroll The phone call with insurance was an hour and 10 minutes! But luckily my insurance contacted Quest and my provider to straighten everything out. The photo shoot went well yesterday. I was nervous since I haven't really done newborn shoots and he was already 9 weeks. But overall I think there are some great shots. I still need to sort and edit everything.

@splashmountain I'm glad you passed the GD test! I had a maternity belt last time, I used it occasionally and not really sure if it helped much. I think regular chiropractic care helped more.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I absolutely will not join FB at this point. There's way too much stranger danger and I'm not going to give my real name and kids info until I feel like I know who I'm talking to.
  • @m6agua @ruby696 Oh yeah, I am not for joining FB right now.... that's the one option I will be 100% out for.  I need that intermediary step for getting to know people better.  I think narrowing it down to the regulars would help a lot.  Sorry, but if you're waiting until you're 6 months pregnant before joining in on a BMB, then I don't really think you can get upset about the people who have been here for 5 months already creating a PG without you.   :#
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll, @m6agua, and @splashmountain At this point I'm just going to let them do whatever they want to do, and then maybe start a PG with whoever is left? 
  • @ruby696 I think thats the boat I'm on right now!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @shamrocandroll Haha! I just read your response after another false alarm gas run to the bathroom. I don't remember being so unregulated with DD. I'm hoping since this LO was straight up break dancing for 2-hours straight last night that she'll snooze a little through the scan. Yes to the somoas! I had an order of GS cookies come in and I've actually been very restrained. I have days with low appetite and then days where I can't seem to eat enough...

@splashmountain How'd the glucose test results go?
  • @jrouge12 I passed! My sugars were perfect 😊

@ruby696 I like your idea. I wouldn't go straight to FB without a PG first. I actually like how @shamrocandroll mapped it all out in the transition thread. It sounds like the best way to ensure we're weeding out the catfish
  • Now we're just deciding the poll says something it doesn't, so I'm just irritated by the topic at this point.  Whatever they wanna do, I guess.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @splashmountain Yay! I'll doing mine in about 2 weeks.

Posting this here because I know at least @ruby696 has posted about a fetal echo.

My repeat anatomy scan didn't quite have the results I wanted. The doctor is sending me for a fetal echo because they've decided there is something going on. The doctor kept stressing it looks very minor. But she's not an expert and would prefer the echo be done. Baby was still moving through the entire scan. I don't even have the date for the echo so I feel anxious right now. 
  • @jrouge12 I'm sorry you didn't get reassuring results. Hopefully you get a date for the echo soon!
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited January 2020
    @jrouge12 I had to have my echo because the risk of heart defects with twins is elevated, but my MFM also told me that if there was anything major, she would have seen it during the AS. Was your AS interpreted by an OB or MFM? Either way, I think it's a good sign that they didn't see anything major. Fx your doctor is just being overly cautious.

Eta: autocorrect 
  • @ruby696 It was my OB who interpreted it. I do appreciate her saying it's not her specialty and ordering the echo even when she thinks its minor. I'm hoping to at least have a date for the scan tomorrow. 
  • @jrouge12 A friend of mine found out later that her son had a small hole in his heart at the AS. Not sure how I feel about this, but they didn't tell her because they knew she would freak out, and that minor heart issues can resolve. Sure enough, she went back a month later and they confirmed the hole had closed. That's when they told her. So hopefully if there is something, it's not serious and might resolve before birth?
  • @jrouge12 Lurking this thread.

My oldest had an ASD, which is a small hold between two top chambers of heart at birth. Caused no complications and it closed up by the time he was 2 years old.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You guys! I'm loving the TTGP best of 2019 thread. So many memories and a few old threads that made for good reading on this boring training day.
  • @ruby696 I'll definitely take it resolving before birth! I'm not sure I agree that they kept that from her. Even though I'm anxious I'm glad they spoke frankly to me and DH about it. 

@pourmeanothermocktail Thank you for that! 

I called the doctor's office about whether they had scheduled the echo but I guess I have to wait for the hospital to call me. The doctors just forward the info. They have my info but they review it and make appointments by priority...
  • @splashmountain I too am loving that thread! The Kels/pelican drama was great when we were there!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019