September 2020 Moms

Weekend Randoms 1/18-1/19

edited January 2020 in September 2020 Moms
I feel like activity slows a bit on the weekend on the bump boards. What are you ladies up to? I know a big part of the country is getting snow this weekend...any snow day plans?

And a question: anyone gain weight already? I weigh myself daily just to keep an eye (I lost quite a bit of weight in the last two years, in a large part to make my body healthier for pregnancy), and I’m up like 4-5lbs. I’m hoping it’s mostly progesterone bloat, but if it’s from easing up on keto/intermittent fasting then I’m going to have to find a better middle ground or I’m going to get HUGE. 

Re: Weekend Randoms 1/18-1/19

• No big plans this weekend. We're still getting settled in our our new place. So, probably going to help DH hang some pictures in the family room.

@notagoodpatient I've definitely gained some weight already- around 4-5lbs too. It's for sure bloat. I was so worried at the end of my last pregnancy that I wasn't going to lose the weight, but a lot dropped off initially after delivery. I didn't realize how much was bloat and swelling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @notagoodpatient I'm up like 3 lbs already. I'm trying to remember how my early gain went with DS but I don't remember lol. All I know is that I gained basically nothing in my 3rd trimester
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone else find that their cervix is suuuper sensitive?
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 and @macheno I’m glad I’m not alone!

I haven’t particularly, but it’s definitely something I’ve seen others complain about. I’ve been a bit nervous to let anything up there 😳 because I’ve read that it commonly causes spotting which is not good for my PGAL brain. 
  • Lots of snow here so no plans. Planning on organizing the storage side of our basement. Everything was just hurled in there after Christmas, so it needs a bit of an overhaul. I have gained a couple pounds, but I also ate pizza 5 times in 4 days so I should maybe reign that in. 😆 I love a good spreadsheet and data so I have my weight gain for both of my prior pregnancies graphed out. I will need to update to see if I am along the same lines this time. Hoping to keep it under a certain weight overall so losing it won’t take forever. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven’t owned a scale in a very long time which is good and bad. I’ll probably have to buy one. I cut out soda and i’ve been trying to eat healthier recently. I’ve gotten a bit fluffy in the last year so I’m not sure I’ve gained anything yet, but I have no idea. I’m scared to be weighed I know I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been! I’m sure if anything right now all of the weight gain is the bloat!! 

as for plans, apparently it’s supposed to snow here in SC at some point? Which will be fun since apparently no one can handle snow down here. I’m running errands today and tomorrow H and I get to work together so fx we don’t kill each other haha
  • We are currently in a Blizzard Warning, so.. nothing really. I had good intentions of cleaning today, but I don’t feel great. Just so tired and nauseated. Maybe later!

I’ve also gained 2-3 lbs. Probably bloat, maybe fast food. 
  • Just got back from the very first swimming lesson with DS. Apparently even the heated pool was too cold because he was shivering lol. Ah well. He did okay, but definitely wanted to do his own thing vs following the class. Toddlers 😂
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Anyone have any recommendations for natural deodorant that helps with sweat? I used to use the heavy duty stuff but I’m trying to stay away from that now. Was wondering if there’s anything out there that is natural but actually works. I’m afraid of smelling bad. 
  • What are you all drinking to quench your thirst— or simply stay hydrated? I’m struggling finding anything that sounds good to drink. Usually I have my cup of coffee and a coke each day, and then water, but now none of that sounds good in the least.  :( Sometimes lemonade is ok. Anything you’re loving right now?
  • Mostly water here, but has to be a specific temperature - about halfway between room temp and ice cold. Sometimes coke. I drink hot chocolate if I can't handle coffee that day. I had some lemonade at supper the other night and it was good.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • edited January 2020
    @chasingroygbiv I’ve always been a big soda drinker so it’s been hard not having coke every day. I’ve been drinking cold water, lemonade, and sweet tea. And occasionally iced coffee. I’ve been wanting to try flavored seltzers but I doubt I will like them. I like sweet things so I’m nervous about GD. I need to find drinks that don’t have as much sugar in them. Sometimes water just doesn’t cut it! 
  • Snowy here as well although the sun is out today and I think our storm is behind us. I am also struggling not to drink soda ( or at least limit my soda intake ) I am a Dr Pepper/Pibb addict. I’ve got to have my water glacier cold and I can’t have it on an empty stomach or I will 100% vom. 
    We are going to have some friends over for pancakes and board games tonight and then tomorrow we are going to finish a vinyl decal order we need to mail out next week and catch up on laundry.
    @mflowers929 I once heard a 3 year old refer to her swim lessons as ‘bossy swimming’ because she prefers to just do her own thing.
  • I'm considering not telling my parents about this pregnancy and just surprising them when they're up in June for DSs birthday lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • It’s gloomy and rainy here so I’m just being lazy today. Watching cartoons with the kiddo. 

@chasingroygbiv I’m just drinking water - and maybe some milk here and there. I’m normally a coffee drinker but it’s not appealing in the slightest. This happened to me with my first pregnancy as well. So sad!!
  • @greyl Schmidt’s is great! You will go through a change going from aluminum antiperspirants to natural deodorants so prepare to be stinky for a month or so. But after that you should be fine.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here, but the exhaustion is almost painful. Oh my word. I have truly done next to nothing today but I’m just wiped! My big kids probably think I’m the lamest mom known to man currently. The hard part is we wait quite awhile to tell them because of my past. I’m betting my son is going to catch on though at the rate we are going.. 
  • Busy packing up our house to move next week. Not looking forward to how exhausting moving ourselves will be, but can’t wait to be in the new house! I’m just glad we’re moving in winter (Phoenix.AZ) A summer move would have been awful. 
  • @greyl I love Native! It's a bit pricey but its one of the only natural deodorants that works for me and doesnt make my armpits break out. 

@chasingroygbiv I love la croix for the carbonation when I'm queasy. Sweet tea has been extra appealing lately. 

For the soda drinkers, I drink Zevia sodas when I'm craving something like that. They are sweetened with stevia so it takes a bit of getting used to though. 
  • Somewhat jealous of your snow days this weekend, we have a high of 72 here today (I’m in So cal). No big plans this weekend - just lounging around with our 3 kiddos, maybe go on a hike?!?

As for weight gain, I’m up a few pounds as well, and I’ve REALLY been watching what I’m eating - so it’s gotta just be the bloat, right?!? 

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!
  • I’m actually a little jealous of those of you who got more snow. We got about an inch here. My kids are excited to play in snow so I want a little more... on a weekend when it’s convenient for me.  ;)

My random is that my SIL had her second baby yesterday. Cousin #10 on that side with the oldest cousin being 9 so they’re all fairly close in age. I’m looking forward to hopefully being able to share that we’re expecting #11 soon. Meanwhile my brothers have no kids so we have no cousins on my side. 

Possibly fun gtky: Will your S20 baby have cousins? Will this be the first grandchild for anyone? 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • @greyl I made the switch to native deodorant a few weeks ago. I have to admit I’m not a big sweater so maybe not the best reviewer of the product, but I like it and find it effective. 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • @crispy11 This little bean with have 2 grown up cousins (my niece and nephew are both in their 20s) and 1 who will only be a year older (who is technically my great niece) on her dad's side and will dethrone my 2 year old as first and only grandchild on my side.
  • @crispy11 if everything goes according to plan, this little lentil will be the first grandchild for both my parents and my in-laws. Will also be the first great grandchild for my 3 living grandparents-unless my married cousin is also secretly PG ;)

One of the things I think about when I’m having a bad PGAL day is that I would have been out of the first trimester with both my other pregnancies by my grandmother’s big 90th birthday celebration and I would have been able to announce/gift her a great grandma thing. As it stands I’ll hopefully be 10 weeks and change... 
  • @crispy11- SIL is due mid-feb with the first cousin for my kiddos on DH’s side. Will be pretty cool if our kiddos get to grow up together (they live 20 minutes away). 

My brother has 2 kiddos, but my kids haven’t seen them in years (they live far/slightly estranged family ties). 

• @crispy11 my DS was first grandchild for both sides. Since neither my brother nor my BIL seem very interested in finding someone to settle down with I'm not sure if my kids will ever have cousins 🤷 in the meantime, he has a sort of cousin in my BFFs boy
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @crispy11 No cousins for my kids. This will be the third grandchild (all mine) on both sides. They just got their first Aunt this past summer When my brother married, but likely will not have a cousin for 3 of so more years. H’s middle brother will be married this summer but is unlikely to have kids and his youngest brother is 8 years younger so it will be a while. So unlikely my kids will have any close cousin relationships. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all for the deodorant recs! I have native bar soap and have been wanting to try the deodorant so I might do that!

@crispy11 this baby won’t have any cousins yet. H and I are both the oldest so our siblings are in their early 20s (and my one brother is 10). So it will probably be a few more years before they have a cousin. Unless our siblings choose not to have kids at all! 
  • @crispy11 This will be the 4th grandkid on my side of the family. My sister had 2 children- one 3yo son and 18mo daughter. On DH's side our kids- DS and little bean- are the only grandkids. DH is the oldest of his siblings. His sister just got married last year and one of his brothers is getting married in May. His other brother is a bachelor who has said he does not want kids. Unless SIL is pregnant, my kids have no cousins on that side for now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the idea of close friends’ kids as basically cousins @mflowers929 Sometimes you just have to make your own family.

And @notagoodpatient PGAL brain is so hard!  I was more active in the PGAL threads for my April 2013 group because things were fresh for me then but now I tend to hang back from those because although I’m still technically PGAL, it feels different fo me with 3 more full term healthy babies since my loss in between my girls almost 8 years ago now. Anyway, sending all my best vibes to the PGAL ladies on this board. 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • @crispy11 No cousins. I’m a STM so this will be #2 baby on both sides. The grandparents spoil DD too much so I’m hoping this helps spread it out a little, but really someone else in the family needs to have a baby haha
  • Within my siblings and DH’s our kids have 1 cousin on each side. Extended there are tons. Plenty close in age on DH’s side, not so much on mine. 
  • @crispy11 On my side there are no cousins. My brother hasn’t had any kids and isn't married. This will be my parents 4th grandchild. 

On Dh’s side there are 3 older cousins, who are 12,10, and 8 so our current youngest who is 9 months and new baby won’t have any cousins close in age. This baby will be MIL’s 7th grandchild. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @crispy11 little bean will be the first grandchild for H family, he's an only child so they're so excited!  Will be #2 on my side, #1 is only 6 mos so will be fun to have them close.