April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekend Plans 1/17

What are you up to this weekend?

Re: Weekend Plans 1/17

• Options
    My niece’s 1st birthday party is the big one. It’s donut themed, which is good timing as I’m trying to cut back on sugar after my borderline GD test. Also, my first 3 day weekend for MLK Day in 6 years as the powers that be at work decided to add the holiday for the first time ever. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    We have a sports day at the local university today with some friends. Nothing else major except papers to grade and grades to put in the grade book since grade cards are due Tuesday. 😩
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so excited for a weekend with no plans at all! It's been long over due. Looking forward to spending time at home and hopefully getting caught up on housework. 
  • Options
    Getting mine and DH’s stuff out of the nursery.  Get the last of our donation stuff ready as the organization we’re donating to is coming Monday AM. Out to lunch Sunday with a few of our friends.  

Otherwise I hope to get a good amount of little girl’s blanket knitted. Finished little boy’s this past Wed. 
  • Options
    I am so thrilled to have a 3 day weekend this weekend - we never get MLK day off so it was a nice surprise!

It’s supposed to snow later today so if I get the motivation I might run out before it starts to do a couple errands. 

Tomorrow I’m gorging myself at brunch with two friends.

Monday will be dinner to celebrate my sister, mom, and nephew’s birthday. 
  • Options
    @mercury94 my nephew just has a donut themed first birthday last month and it was so cute - and yummy!
  • Options
    At my parents cleaning out pantry, fridge etc to help them get ready for my moms surgery on Monday. She is having her shoulder replacement and her other arm still has effects from her stroke so she's going to be fairly limited for at least 6 wks.
    Dinner with ILs and then tmrw a friends bday with all parents and kids. Luckily I'm off Monday and DD has daycare so I can recoup. I'm already tired.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I'm supposed to be working OT at home right now for a big audit project but I can't focus.  We had DD1 and SD's birthday party at 11:30 this morning so everyone left a little while ago and we finished picking up the disaster from all the nieces and nephews pulling out every toy in our house.  Like @literatureandink we're getting snow soon too and it's just making want to nest and bake instead of working!
  • Options
    Had a white elephant party last night, so we had DS stay with my parents. We got some snow overnight, so we let DS get out and play in it today. He wanted nothing to do with snow last year, so it's been fun seeing him excited about it this year. Tomorrow will be a biring day of grocery shopping and cleaning the house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I got my hair done and finished a 1000 piece puzzle with my husband that we had been working on all week! Just relaxing the rest of the weekend, getting some cleaning done around the house and laying low. We have a big snow storm that is heading our way tonight into tomorrow!
  • Options
    Ooooh @KFrob what are you thinking of baking??
  • Options
    Like @mandarenee898, we are working to get our stuff out of the nursery this weekend. Yesterday, we put together a kitchen cabinet that will become a place for some of the office supplies. I also went through my formal dresses and moved the few I’m keeping into another closet (in my performer life, I had to wear fancy dresses more often!). Last night, we went to a cooking class we had to reschedule from earlier this month when I was sick. 

I don’t have official plans for today or Monday of what I want to accomplish, so I’m going to see what motivates me. After a crazy work week, I know I need some downtime this weekend too!
  • Options
    @literatureandink Scones have been my jam lately!  I'm going to make cranberry orange scones today.  
  • Options
    @babyrummom So jealous!  I need to get my hair done so bad, my last cut and color was in May.  I also love puzzles!
  • Options
    @babyrummom @KFrob I’m right there with both of you. This mop on top of my head right now shouldn’t even be allowed to be called hair.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people who need a haircut. It’s bad, but I just can’t seem to find the time for that kind of self care. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @mercury94 I'm with you.  It seems like such a chore to find the time and spend a couple of hours there when I have so much to do.  I'm naturally dirty blonde and used to get a full head of highlights and low lights.  Now with this unexpected LO my high maintenance hair isn't in the budge either.  I need to make an appointment before this LO comes and talk about low maintenance options that won't make me look like an unkept mess when I can't make it in for 6+ months.
  • Options
    I’ve been trying to stay on top of getting my hair done regularly this pregnancy. It makes me feel good when the rest of my body is out of my control! Treat yourself, ladies!