Group 4 Check-in (July 25-31) w/o 1/13-1/18

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? 

Re: Group 4 Check-in (July 25-31) w/o 1/13-1/18

• EDD/weeks+days: 12 weeks 2 days- July 27th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Hopefully finding out Wednesday!!!

Upcoming appointments:  Final RE appointment Wednesday!!!

How are you feeling? I am still pretty tired and feel nauseous some days, but overall pretty good!

Raves/Rants: I am pretty excited about my long weekend!!! I need to rest!!!

Questions: None

GTKY: I will not be traveling anywhere, but my husband and I will be going to a Miranda Lambert Concert on Saturday so I think that will be really fun!!!
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls Enjoy your long weekend. I would sleep all day if I could.

EDD/weeks+days: July 31st/11w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Lime

Upcoming appointments: Week 12 u/s on the 20th. Meeting with my GP on the 21st.

How are you feeling? Tired and I have to pee. I had my maternal serum test last week. I found out we won't get the results until the second test in the second trimester. This will slowly gnaw away at me while I am doing other things. This is an abnormality test so I would like the results sooner rather than later. The u/s will also check for those things as well, but it has to be combined with the 2 serum tests. So I am feeling nervous. The embryo we transferred was of the highest quality, but I don't know if that has a bearing on whether the baby will develop any of the Trisomy problems.

Raves/Rants: The small business I work for is closing as of June 1st so we are currently sorting out client dates and where everything will be going. Pretty low stress right now as the boss will basically be taking care of everything storage-wise. I'm not too concerned about job opportunities as I am currently in the process of security screening for a government job and I have applied to three school admin assistant jobs and a few EA jobs. One of them is 15 minutes from my house and my training is in education. So I feel pretty good about that. I'd love to work in a school again, but the government job is fabulous (except the driving time). Lots of changes coming up!

Questions: Anyone have a site detailing the likelihood of a baby being born with abnormalities?

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? It isn't a long weekend for us in Canada, but I have taken the morning of the 20th off for my u/s since I imagine they will be behind by 10am. So I will be sleeping in :)
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/25 12+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out soon! Had the NIPT drawn last week. I’m a US tech and I’m really resisting the urge to start trying to see if I can catch a peak myself while at work 😆

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: plum?

Upcoming appointments: OB appointment in a couple weeks

How are you feeling? The nausea seems to be easing up a tiny bit but the fatigue is kicking my butt. Also starting to fight a cold, so that helps nothing. Otherwise, feeling good mentally and getting more and more excited for this little baby. It’s really feeling real now!

Raves/Rants: Not really a rant but now that I’m over 12 weeks and everyone important in our lives knows about the baby plus some extras. I’m kind of missing the days of it just being our little secret! Soon it’ll be public knowledge and that’s when everyone has thoughts/opinions/asks you how you feel every god damn time you see them. I liked our little secret baby bubble lol.

Questions: what were the days of having energy like? I can’t remember anymore. 

Ok, I had to look up what holiday weekend was coming up. The problem with working in a hospital 😂 So no, I will not be traveling!
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 26th, 12w 2d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Plum 

Upcoming appointments: I go see my OB for the first time and have an ultrasound booked for Jan 20th. Can't come soon enough, I'm anxious to see the babe for the first time. At my last u/s wasn't able to see the baby because we were before the 12 weeks. 

How are you feeling? I just had a nasty bout of gastro, so I'm on the ups from that, thank goodness. The fatigue is real. 

Raves/Rants: Being sick is the worst, being sick while pregnant is next level. I think my husband and I had the same bug, but he was wayyy less sick than me.. not fair. 

Questions: 

I'm also in Canada and it's not a long weekend here. @meri-mac I think I'm also going to take the day off on Monday for my u/s and OB appt as well. I'll probably keep my daughter home from daycare for the morning, so no sleeping in, but yay to a day off work. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/26. 12 w 2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Plum, but as tall as a Rubik’s cube 

Upcoming appointments: NT u/s on the 21st. 

How are you feeling? Great in the mornings. Some afternoons/nights are miserable nausea and exhaustion and heartburn. Some days are more bearable. 

Raves/Rants: every day I plan to tell my boss(my big boss knows) that I’m pregnant she’s never at work. I RARELY ever work with my assistant nurse managers (due to surgeries and pto before switching jobs) so my guess is one day I’ll actually work with them I’ll end up having a belly at that point. Surprise. I’m pregnant. You’d know that if you came to work more. 

Questions: hoping the 1-2 middle of the night bathroom trips stop in the second trimester? 

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? Honestly didn’t even realize it was a long holiday. I work Friday-Sunday and work in a hospital so until I get my grown up job in a few years, holidays don’t mean much 😂
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Lime 

Upcoming appointments: Private ultrasound on Friday!  Need to schedule my NT scan because my stupid insurance doesn't cover the Materniti21 test.

How are you feeling? Better.  Headaches are less now.  Just waiting for my energy to come back at some point soon.  Fingers crossed.

Raves/Rants: My H is out of town this week and my mom came up to hang out with us.  She is SO helpful without me having to assign her things to do.  I'm kind of excited.  

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? Nope.  We usually go to my parents' but we are having some of our couple friends over on Saturday, so we are excited to hang out with them!

• @JessDG my insurance doesn’t cover it as well but I spoke with the company and they said the most I will pay is $249, so we opted to pay. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 27 - 12w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO at ultrasound - though as I wait for my genetic test results, I kind of wish I was finding out now!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: hard-boiled egg

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday - feels so long from now!

How are you feeling? Anxious... but fine. Last week I found out I was pretty anemic, which I think was making my first trimester fatigue wayyyy worse. Kind of felt like I was dying. So now as I wrap up the first tri and have been on iron supplements for about a week, finally starting to feel like a normal human. Sometimes.

Raves/Rants: I also kind of wish I hadn't done any of the genetic testing. Just makes me nervous.

Questions: I feel like I'm definitely bigger now, but not blatantly showing. Wonder when I'll actually show and it will be impossible to hide... I'd kind of like to hold off just a while longer from having people be able to tell by looking at me. Wondering if I should find some new clothes that could help me out with this.

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? I don't get Monday off, so no.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 25 - 12 + 4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: y’all, I don’t keep track 😂

Upcoming appointments: Jan 29

How are you feeling? Stressed about a few different things. Nausea had subsided but it’s started up again so that sucks. Still on b6+unisom and I was hoping to taper off but I’m not going to yet.

Raves/Rants: really frustrated with my insurance. They are saying my hospital stay isn’t covered so I have to do an appeal and fight that.

Questions:

GTKY: Will you be traveling over the long holiday weekend? No. If the market is open, my husband has to work.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls
    Yay!  Boys are great!  :)
  • EDD/weeks+days:
    7/27, 12w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    Finding out

Lime

Upcoming appointments: 
    Next OB appt 1/24

How are you feeling? 
    Kind of blah. I'm exhausted, I've got a cold that won't go away, and the nausea is less but still around every day, especially in the evenings but at other random times. I'm also very hungry. I was thinking I felt better by this point last time, but I looked back at my stuff (I save these check-ins like a pregnancy notebook) and I think it's about the same. So FX that by next week the nausea is gone. It's the part I hate the most.

My hormonal emotions are also still horrible. I'm on the verge of tears or rage at some point every day. I'm trying not to be all pissy with my family but I know I'm not doing a great job while I feel like crap. I'm tired of being this person and not feeling like I can control it all that well. I mean, I'm not going into fits of anger and throwing stuff around the house or anything. But I'm constantly really short with everyone, and knowing that I'm not very fun to be around right now is lonely.

Raves/Rants: 
    We told our older daughter that I'm pregnant, and she's been very cute about it all. She says goodnight to the baby every night now, and keeps talking about it. The little one has no idea what we're talking about yet.

Questions: 

Nope. My daughter has no school on Monday, but it's otherwise not a holiday for us. MH and I will both be working on Monday.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls congrats!

Also back to chime in that the NIPT results came back low risk and were expecting boy number 2! Feeling so lucky and excited. Makes everything so much more real now! 
  • (Lurking!) Congrats @Mamaof2beautifulgirls and @kristinl492 on your boys coming soon! 
  • @kristinl492 yay for another boy to the group!!! 

Thanks everyone! We are pretty shocked! We really thought it would be another girl!!!
  • Feel like I’ll be the last in the group to find out a gender at my anatomy scan 😂
  • @nursejenn5 I still don’t know either and it’s going to be like atleast 6 more weeks until I do.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls we’ve had a run of boys at my work (US tech). It seems like every patient I see is having one. There’s something in the water 😂. That’s gotta feel so crazy to have a boy on the way after 2 girls! 
  • @nursejenn5 we’re doing it at the anatomy scan too, so it’ll be early/mid-March when I find out!
  • @nursejenn5 We aren't finding out until she/he arrives so you won't be the last unless I go into labour early!
  • @nursejenn5 We're not finding out! So you definitely won't be the last lol.