Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger?  

Re: Group 1 (3/1-3/8) Check-In 1/13

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/7 / 32+ 2

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a ken doll 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: none really!

Upcoming appts: 1/24 for regular check in and ultrasound! Baby is breech right now so I hope he flips by then. Then I have a meeting with my doula on 1/25 to practice labor techniques with my husband and work on birth plan! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: We got a new car yesterday! I've been saying since I got married that I wanted an SUV when we start having kids. We've been looking casually and yesterday found the perfect 2016 Ford Edge so we went for it. I am so excited! It snowed last night so I had to do my 1 hour commute on ice and snow in my new car....talk about nerve wracking lol. I made it though! 

Anyone else have complete mixed feelings? I'm a FTM and one day I am excited and ready and the next day I am in tears because I'm scared!

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger?  Literally no idea
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 1 33+1

Team pink/blue/green: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): celery

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: Off and on the junk food train, craving bowls of cereal in the MOTN when I'm awake. Symptoms are pretty standard, can't bend over at all anymore, it's all about the squatting these days, and waddling everywhere. 

Upcoming appts: OB Monday 1/20 and on the every two weeks schedule for now 

Rants/Raves/Questions: @vrstrawn Yes to the mixed feelings!! I have in fact gone full ostrich-head-in-sand the last few days because it's getting so close and I still have so much to do!! I distracted myself by spending an entire day yesterday researching storage containers, bins, baskets, etc to try and get the kids' room slightly under control before I even start dragging out old clothes etc. Zero clothes out for this girl as of yet. 
    We have quotes for the completion of our kitchen, so fingers crossed that is done in time!!

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger?  I have gotten Kristen Wiig from a few people, which I don't see at all, but will take it!! I think it's more her facial and humor expressions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 8, 32+1

Team pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Big 'ol four pound squash. 

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: No cravings or aversions. I'm having more off and on symptoms. Lots of breathlessness, or sporadic mid-back pain, or one-off insomnia, or here-and-gone headache, or generally just feeling malaise. But honestly, not much to complain about. @stac4056, I'm that bum that can still touch their toes and haven't experienced any waddle yet. 

Upcoming appts: Jan 22, for a standard check-up. Last appointment had a F/U U/S for some kidney dilation and everything looked absolutely perfect and we even got to see LO in 3D and the picture wasn't even scary! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: R/R - my husband is at a work conference in Cabo all week and keeps sending me pictures of the beach and ceviche. However, since he's out of town, I've been able to let my nesting freak flag fly and spent the whole weekend decluttering, cleaning, and organizing. He's super helpful when he's around, but we usually have plans. It was nice to just do my own thing (and binge Disney movies). 

@vrstrawn, congrats on the new car! When do you think y'all are installing a car seat?

@stac4056, have you ever read Rachel Jonat's Minimalist Mom's Guide to Baby's First Year? A couple of my friends have really liked it for actionable decluttering tips between kiddos. 

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger? I've gotten January Jones a lot, but I'm 90% sure it's coloring and our mutual love of orange lipstick and stripes. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 33 weeks tomorrow

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): squash/ cereal box

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I can’t stop eating sweets 😬 self-control is out the door now!

Upcoming appts: Friday for checkup, Jan 29 for ultrasound to see her position. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave/rant - I’m in full nesting mode now! We’ve unpacked all of our gifts and have everything organized, now just time for finishing touches. Which is relieving mentally but physically I am tiring myself out. Once I get started organizing I can’t stop... but when I do stop then I realize how much back pain I have lol.

@vrstrawn honestly I think I’m keeping myself too busy to have mixed feelings, which probably isn’t a great solution 😆 But I have no doubt that when reality sets in I’m going to be petrified (FTM here as well so I have no clue what I’m doing!)

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger? I’ve heard so many... Vanessa Hudgens, Lucy Liu, Kristin Kreuk. I promise you I look like none of them, I’m mixed race and no one knows how to figure out what ethnicity I am hahah. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 7, 32+2

Team pink/blue/green: Team pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Bento box

Cravings/Aversions/Symptoms: I'm definitely looking like a stereotypical pregnant person now... I have the waddle, slow walking, trouble bending over and putting on my shoes..my groin started to hurt today and my back hurts! Definitely taking it easy and going to get another massage ASAP. Today was the first day I really thought "I'm so over being pregnant!"

Upcoming appts: Regular checkup on Wednesday! Now that I see everyone talking about baby position, I'll ask my doctor about it too! I heard most babies flip by 34 or 36 weeks, right now baby is sideways across my belly.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Anyone have a baby book they like that they've used for other kids or seen? I think I'd like to do one!

GTKY: Who is your doppelgänger? No clue! When I was younger someone told me I looked like Punky Brewster, lol.
  • Options
    @pdx2020 That's good, stay in shape and limber as long as possible!! It really caught me off guard this time and I keep trying to twist too far or get something out of my purse in the floor board and saying 'nope, that's not happening' ha. You mentioned her and I looked into one of her books on my newly discovered public library app, and will hopefully be able to read some!! We have a two bedroom house, which I really think helps keep things at bay, but also can feel like we're busting at the seams sometimes. It drives my husband crazy, but I think anything bigger we would just continue to accumulate non-necessities. We totally have plenty of space, we just need to utilize it better, and any size house I'm sure becomes chaotic with kids. The toys are so tough, many were gifts that you feel guilty getting rid of, or I keep things around for this baby to grow into, etc. I'm definitely going to attempt a toy rotation method with my new bins/baskets!! Work conference in Cabo, so not fair!!! And lol at nesting freak flag!!
    @lemonlove86 I have a Carter's book for DD, a CR Gibson book for DS, and eyeing the Pearhead for this girl. I like the size of all of them, 8.5x11 ish I believe. They are very basic and prompt heavy which I like, neither of my current ones are complete or even up to date of course. BUT, I have accomplished sizable photo books from Shutterfly for each kid's pregnancy, showers, birth and following month or so (less hand writing involved :smiley:)!!