August 2020 Moms

Weekly randoms 1/13

Re: Weekly randoms 1/13

• But I still hate FB ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • My experience has been it's more about the PG, and time.ย  You don't need fb to create those kinds of lasting friendships really, it's just a platform.ย  Personally with how private DH is with our IF struggles, there is a part of me that feels almost like it's a violation for me to do that to him, "out" him in a way, that he has no say or control over.ย  It's sorta like world's colliding in a way.ย  I can count on one hand the people IRL who know about our struggles, (who are not medical professionals lol)
  • Loading the player...
  • @tyrion_ Lololol. This is me after almost every meal. It's like my metabolism is kicked into overdrive. Sometimes it's been three times in one day! What is happening!? ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @tyrion_ @lachnessmomster
    JEALOUS. Having the OPPOSITE problem here. Even though I continue to be active, have kept up good fiber intake and swear I've never been more hydrated in my LIFE, things have for suuuuure slowed way down already haha
  • @jojokoodles Ugh that doesnโ€™t sound comfortable.ย 

@lachnessmomster Oh, things are definitely flowing smoothly down there all day long. Just wish it wasnโ€™t so urgent, Iโ€™d like to talk to my friends!ย 
  • I probably wouldn't join a FB group. I am a little paranoid. I might join a PG but as I am not a constant poster, I usually fall off the list. I like TB and was decently involved with A14 BMB-- I don't remember if a FB group came out of that but I do recall posting for a year on TB after my baby was born.ย 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40ย  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• @psychobutthead I was just talking to a friend and she told me about her friendโ€™s experience with it. She got the wrong result and was pretty upset over it. Iโ€™m sorry you had a bad experience as well.ย 
  • Yeah after I had already purchased it i looked it up on youtube. There are a lot of videos where women got the wrong result. And not even just told boys there are woman who where told girl and had boys. I also have read they are terrible about issuing refunds even if you submit the birth certificate.

Sadly my ob reccomended them. Wish i had just ignored her.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• edited January 2020
    @psychobutthead What a disappointment! I hope they issue you a refund for such a bummer of an experience.ย 

ETA: Girl, I just Googled how much those things cost, and they 100% better give you your money back. That's a decent chunk of change for a crappy product.ย 
  • @lachnessmomster i doubt they will. They emailed me and told me to take a picture of the bottom of my boxes barcodem and i had to remind them it doesnt have onem they saud mail in my test and they will generate a code and email it to me with activation instructions.

Doubt I will get my results and if they will be accurate now.

• @psychobutthead that sounds terrible! And very disappointing.ย 

I might join a FB group in the future. I would rather start with the PG. I'm not an everyday kind of poster (though I do read here daily) so hopefully that'd be okay!
  • @psychobutthead ugh thatโ€™s frustratingย 
    Iโ€™m sorry it went poorly.
    Iโ€™m wiped and moody today. I need to let some insignificant stuff go!ย 
    Craft Blog
  • I've been out of the action here the past week. I had a good ultrasound last Thursday, but baby measured a week behind and they moved my due date a week later. That and a stomach bug last weekend really took a toll on my emotional status.ย 
  • @maelove are you affiliated with the skincare brand with the same name? I get their IG ads all the time.
  • @roo_baby I wouldnโ€™t say close. She was kind about it and wonโ€™t go blabbing. Just glad itโ€™s true and not just a food baby. She didnโ€™t know we were trying.ย 
    Craft Blog
  • roo_babyroo_baby member
    edited January 2020
    @tyrion_ last time mine took a while to fill in, but this time itโ€™s like they remember and went straight from floppy to engorged. Itโ€™s so painful!
  • @WishesSheCouldCook Jeez, how rude.ย  I can't imagine asking someone that, unless we were super close and only if they weren't having an alcoholic drink or something!ย 

Saw my MIL the other day and she asked me if anyone has said anything to me, so I replied, "like what?" and she said "like you're gaining weight".ย  Umm, thanks.ย  Isn't that rule number 1 you don't say to a pregnant woman?!ย  And she said this literally right after she asked how I'm feeling and I said how difficult it is to eat, but I need to eat every few hours and I can only manage carbs bc I feel sick all the time.
    Me: 33ย  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1ย  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girlย  <3
  • @ziggymama06 She seriously said that? Wow, just wow.ย 

I have a short fuse right now, and my toddlers are stepping all over it. I've taken to increasing screen time because without it they are doing something wrong and I go from zero to sixty in 2.5 seconds. Mom guilt is HUGE right now.ย 
  • @wildrainbow Yup, yup she did.ย  And when MH later called her out on what she said she didn't feel bad or like anything was wrong.ย  Next time she makes a comment on my weight I'll comment right back on hers... probably not the best idea, but seriously wtf.ย  And don't have any guilt about increasing your kids' screen time.ย  It's totally understandable... you are just doing what you can to survive now.ย ย  <3

Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1ย  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @ziggymama06 Yikes. Kudos to you for keeping your cool and not sending some snark back to her. I can't believe she said that!

Guys, my mobile app has been in the pits all day. Comments, love-its, and new post alerts are not working for me at all. So frustrating. Anyone else's app all wonky? I guess I'll Bump from my laptop for the time being.
  • @lachnessmomster I have up on the AP a long time ago.ย  I only use the mobile browser ๐Ÿคท
  • @ziggymama06 do it! I would so be petty and comment on her weight.

• @psychobutthead Awh, the uncertainty is frustrating. If you wanted to be left questioning what you were having, you wouldn't have gone through the trouble of getting the SneakPeek in the first place. I'm glad they at least tried to smooth things over and got your results back in a timely manner, but I'm sorry you're now in this weird limbo where you don't know if it's accurate or not. :/
  • @lachnessmomster
    Yeah its thisbweird limbo. We are going to wait for 15 weeks to get a scan at a place that does elective ultrasounds near by.

• @psychobutthead Sorry for the limbo anyway. Hopefully youโ€™ll get a clear answer at your 15 week scan!ย 
  • @blackgirlmagic It will be nice to have you back! Glad you had fun. Have a safe flight!!ย 
  • @blackgirlmagic Glad you had a great time and yay to a short work week!!ย  Safe travels home
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1ย  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @blackgirlmagic Yay! Glad you had a nice time. Did you get word on your NIPT results yet? Iโ€™m excited for you to find out ๐Ÿ’—
  • Safe trip! @blackgirlmagic FFSC so far I mostly haven't been able to bring myself to open them.ย  Because you already know why!ย  Ugh!!!!ย  Although it's true, there's nothing like a little good old fashioned snark. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ