April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 1/12

Re: Weekly Questions 1/12

• Has anyone booked a photographer for newborn photos yet? I contacted a few last night and one was already booked up for March/April. I figured I had plenty of time, but now I feel like I need to get on it. 
  • @doraleigh35 I luckily am spoiled and have photographers in my family so I’m covered for maternity and newborn photos. My cousin always says people book her 4-6 months in advance if that is helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • My question is - how many newborn sleepers/onesies do you need vs 0-3 months? Also for an April due date do we get cozy warm weather ones or like cooler ones? Long sleeves or short sleeves?
  • @literatureandink thank you, I think I’ll try to book someone this week. I can’t  for the life of me remember when I booked the photographer for DD, but it was probably around this time in my pregnancy.

For newborn sleepers, I currently have 12. They are a mix of cotton and fleece, all long sleeve. I may get a few more. I won’t go past 37w, so I expect baby boy will be in newborn for at least a month or so. DD was in that size for quite a while. For 0-3, I’m not sure exactly what I have but I plan to get more than newborn.

It will all depend on baby’s size, you could get a few newborn sleepers to start and always get more if she’s tiny. I definitely had to buy more for DD.
  • @literatureandink I had a summer baby in Texas last time. Even so, most of his baby clothes were long sleeves with footies, so that he wouldn’t be too cold in the A/C. I think we talked about newborn vs 0-3 months in one of the other posts, but I don’t remember which one. We had less than 10 newborn sleepers, but I did laundry most days during maternity leave. He wore newborn size for about a month. 

@doraleigh35 I’m not booking a newborn photographer. Our hospital has one, but they basically forgot to come by and take pictures of DS. We got great photos ourselves and my mom has a professional camera and occasionally photographs events (she did my wedding), so I’m trying not to spend the money. I do want a family member to be there to film when DS meets the baby. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @doraleigh35 we booked ours for DS1 super early but obviously that didn't go as planned. She has since done family photos for us and is super excited to be able to do newborn for this one. She lives like 5mins from us and does them mostly out of her house so she told me not to worry about it. DD we had a friend do them. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 that is awesome! Are you including DS1 at all or have you thought about it? We have a Molly’s Bear that was made for us so I think we may use that for the sibling pic to have his presence there.

@mercury94 our hospital doesn’t offer pictures, but that’s annoying that they never showed up for you. I’ll probably take some initial ones myself. But we had beautiful newborn photos done with DD and they are one of my most favorite things. 
    That’s so great that your Mom can take some for you guys, my Mom still can’t figure out her IPhone!
  • @doraleigh35 Our doula is also a birth photographer so I don't think we'll book an official newborn photographer,  but I would say now is a good time to asked around. If the photographer also does weddings and you want a weekend you might have to be flexible, but if you can do during the week you should have lots of options. 
  • I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 1 point!  Cut off was 135 and I had 136.  Do you think they will make me take the 3 hour.  I don't want to.  With my last pregnancy, I looked like a junkie for 2 weeks :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @doraleigh35 my hospital had a newborn photographer come around last pregnancy. Hoping for the same this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sincera4 booooo that sucks!! I’m sorry!! I hope they don’t make you do the 3 hr!
  • @doraleigh35 we have a small stuffed moose that was with him during his hospital stay that we used in family pictures, so we'll use that. DH and I both have memorial tattoos so if its nice I'll wear something so mine shows, since it's on my ankle.
    Dhs mom is finishing a small quilt soon as well made up of the onesies and swaddles he wore when in the hospital, so might wrap the new baby in that for a few pics too.
    We always want to make sure DS1 is with us somehow, since he will always be part of the family. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I love that! The quilt sounds so special, what a beautiful idea.

I contacted 4 newborn photographers and only one has availability, so I guess I’ll be booking her ASAP.
  • @Sincera4 That sucks. Pretty sure my OB would make me take the 3 hour, but I hope yours doesn’t. I have my repeat 3 hour on Wednesday and I’m not looking forward to the super bruised arms that I know I’ll have. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @literatureandink - DD1 was in NB sizes for 6 weeks, and DD2 was out of 0-3 month sizes by 8 weeks, and completely skipped NB. It really depends on the baby! I’d suggest having 3-5 NB sizes on hand, but only wash a few in case LO outgrows them before you can use them. You can also exchange sizes as needed at places like target assuming you still have the tags on. 

DD1 was an early April band basically lived in cotton footie sleepers or layettes for about 2 months.
  • 3D ultrasounds? yay? nay? best time to do them?
  • @phinzlabyrinth I did them for my first two and had to go to a private ultrasound place but this time around, the ultrasounds techs at my OB’s office have done the last ten min in 3D for us so I may opt not do a private one. Best time is around 32-36 weeks when they start filling out but still have some room to move. Do you have any more ultrasounds? You can always ask too, I have one more growth scan at 32 weeks and if they do a 3D one then, I’ll skip the private. 

I have always loved the 3D, some think it’s creepy but all about preference. 

Will delete later but this was two weeks ago, baby boy was resting his head on his foot. I was 25 weeks. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @phinzlabyrinth I never did a 3d ultrasound last time because of the extra cost at my ob. I got lucky last time that someone had one scheduled later in the day and I got a free 3d shot. I do think they are cool, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @coaster102516 @kathryn0903 I was told I'll have no more ultrasounds, but my provider may be open to it if I ask. I did find an independent imaging facility that will do it for $140 but I'm hesitant about the added cost. But this is my first baby and thought it would be pretty cool to have the pics to show everyone at my shower!

• @phinzlabyrinth We talked about it and I was tempted but it isn't covered and we were worried about the extra temptation to ruin the surprise of finding out our baby's sex at birth. We barely made it through our 20 week  :D
  • @korthouse I could see why you didn't want to! Kudos to you for the willpower to not find out... Have you had a feeling whether baby is a boy or a girl?
  • @korthouse I forget, are you a ftm or stm+? I’m so jealous of your ability to not find out! My control freakness could never allow it but I think it’s such a sweet surprise!!
  • @phinzlabyrinth Thank you! Luckily DH and I are on the same page so we keep eachother strong  :D I have a strong feeling that it's a girl, but I think that's influenced by the fact that my brother and my sister's first babies were girls. 

@literatureandink FTM! We've agreed that for a second baby, if we're lucky enough, we'll find out so that we can prepare first baby for what sibling they're getting early on to avoid disappointment. I've seen too many gender reveals where kiddos are upset when they find out so we want to do it a little more casually 
  • @korthouse when is your due date? I hope to see an update!
  • Have we talked maternity leave yet? When is everybody planning on working till? I thought I would work till I go into labor, but as I get more uncomfortable, I'm questioning that more. I probably still will, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I’ve been wondering about sl what everyone else is doing too! Do you think this would be a good topic for a standalone thread?
  • @literatureandink yeah, it could be a good topic for a stand alone thread. I think a lot of us are at the point where it's time to think about this more seriously.
    BabyFruit Ticker