September 2020 Moms
Options

Progesterone question (TMI)

I'm taking progesterone suppositories for the first time this pregnancy and noticed that I have a LOT of cervical mucus. Like 2-3 pads a days worth. I remember I had a lot with DS, but not this much.
Is anyone else taking progesterone and noticed the same thing? I tried to Google, but everything has to do with prepregnancy use
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Progesterone question (TMI)

• Options
    Are you sure it's not just the suppository leaking out? That's normal (I was on suppositories with all three of my previous babies)
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 (your name is awesome btw) I've contemplated that. I put it in and night ans it goes on all day though, and definitely seems like the mucus I remember from when I was pregnant with DS.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, this is how it was for me with my last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I have had discharge of the outer shell of the suppository, but not really CM. I haven’t had much of that the last few months either since were were doing IF treatments. My bladder doesn’t seem to be doing a great job either. Definitely a challenge as an elementary teacher. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I am on them but haven’t had any discharge or cervical mucus yet.  I have only been on them for a couple days though.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, when are you guys to stop your progesterone? I inquired about it as I was on it my last pregnancy, but they said this late in the game it wouldn’t make sense and that they recommend discontinuing once a heartbeat is seen. True? I’m reading mixed things... my last doctor had me on them through the 12th week..... 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I’m on progesterone too and I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to continue them until the 12th week, that’s what the doctor said when I got my original prescription, although I haven’t confirmed since I got the positive test
  • Options
    I am on them I am on them until 16 weeks when I start the progesterone weekly injections 
  • Options
    I'm on them until 12 weeks as well.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv Most people do them until 12 weeks because that’s when the placenta should be taking over. If someone has a history of preterm labor, they might be on them longer.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Just curious... why are you ladies on progesterone in the first place?  I’ve been making myself all worried that maybe I should consult my dr. about it.  Only because I suspect I have low progesterone bc I’ve always had a short luteal phase.  I might just be being stupid and over analyzing things though. I hope you are all having a good day! 
  • Options
    I have unexplained repeat pregnancy loss, so the doctor is trying everything that might help in the case something does.
    I specifically asked for it this go around. My DS was conceived 2-3 weeks after I got my mirena removed so I suggested that I may have had some progestin still in my system which helped support the pregnancy in the early days. He said it couldn't hurt to try
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @NessMatthews I have had 3 losses and went through fertility treatments. During my second loss my progesterone was only 4.7 - it’s over 60 now with the supplement. 

• Options
    I am on progesterone suppossitories at nogjt too and I have noticed some increase in discharge but I think most us just leftover suppository coming out the next day. 

Pregnancy in general though can increase discharge.