March 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Series: Keepsakes & Memorabilia

The Product Spotlight Series continues! Each week we spotlight a new category of product. If you discover something new or are new to the board, you're welcome to comment on threads like these throughout your time here, not just when it's their week in the spotlight. This week it's... Keepsakes & Memorabilia.

FTMs:
Anything cute you've done to remember this pregnancy?
Anything cute you're planning to do/buy to commemorate giving birth? 
Anything cute you're planning to do/buy to commemorate baby's firsts? 

STM/+s: 
Anything cute you've done/bought to remember this pregnancy/a past pregnancy?
Anything cute you've done/bought to commemorate giving birth? Anything you plan to?
Anything cute you've done/bought to commemorate (any of your) baby's firsts? Anything you plan to?

To view the upcoming PSS schedule, based off of S19's, see here: March 2020 PSS Spreadsheet!
Up next week: Baby (0-3m) winter/spring essentials (I know we had some answers to this in maybe the questions thread previously, so perhaps we'll link to that for the next 2 weeks and build off of that convo, but also perhaps we'll focus more on seasonal clothing in these threads for next week & the week after).

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Keepsakes & Memorabilia

• Options
    I haven't documented anything! I keep getting targeted ads for baby books and such, and now I want one! I want baby footprints to bring home, lol. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I’m not a super sentimental person, so I didn’t make a baby book or anything. I will bring something along for footprints though! 

H is a baseball coach so we took a baseball to the hospital with us and put DS’s footprint on it. When we got home I got a display case for it. It’s super cute! I may do that again this time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anything cute you've done to remember this pregnancy? I am using this book, The Nine, which I really love. I don't fill out every prompt every week all the time, and **TW: prev. losses** I was too paranoid to write directly in it 'til well into 2nd tri, so I photocopied the first ~10 weeks or so and wrote on them & then copied those answers into the book. But I am writing more often now that I am not as sick as I was for a good part of first into second tri. 

Anything cute you're planning to do/buy to commemorate giving birth? Not sure! I like the baseball idea, though, @miss.sally -- not that I would do that for me, but I like how it is personal to you and YH.

Anything cute you're planning to do/buy to commemorate baby's firsts? I downloaded this app called "1 Second Every Day" or something along those lines, and I've been trying to get in the habit of using it even though my life is fairly routine/boring right now so that once baby comes along, I'll have it for those moments--and that way I'm not tempted to blast social all the time w/ baby pics. I'll have a cute vid of 29-31 seconds from each month I can do instead. Other than that, I am a writer/like a physical book, so I'd like to get a baby book--I remember liking to look at mine when I was younger. Not sure which I'll get yet. 
  • Options
    I didn’t do a baby book with DD, but we did get newborn photos and I made a photo book on Shutterfly when she was like 6 months old of her first days and months of life. At almost 4 now, she loves “reading” it and so do I! I need to be better about making photo books more often. One of my goals before baby comes is to make a photo book of our best family pictures from the last 3 years, then obviously make another photo book for baby’s first few months.

I did keep a “journal” while pregnant with DD. It was just a word document. I actually journaled regularly during DD’s first year, but eventually lost time/interest. I haven’t done any journaling this time.

• Options
    I use one of those old fashioned baby calendars you write everything in. I did it meticulously with my first, less so with my second, and this baby’s getting one mainly so he doesn’t grow up and find his sisters’ and think we didn’t care. Third child problems. 🤣 Had I thought this through in the beginning I would have used an app or something easier for all three. 

I also have done a personalized name blanket from Etsy for each child. It makes a nice first photo opp and also a nice keepsake.