April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlights - Teething Accessories

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Teething Accessories!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all....
What products do you reccomend for teething?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Intangibles
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlights - Teething Accessories

• So, teething was hard for us. Some of it is trial and error to see what your child likes. I liked the teething toys you could put in the refrigerator to make cold. Honestly, the best teether was the basic set of teething keys. I also reccomend getting a teething pacifier clip if your child takes a pacifier. We tried the munch mitts which DS had no interest in. Also tried the amber teething necklace. I honestly don't think it was any help. Also, keep tylenol and motrin on hand. I don't necessarily like to have to give my child medicine, but on the hard nights of teething, it was a lifesaver.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We also used the teethers that go in the fridge. DS liked his Munch Mitt for a while, but then he got sick of it. The rice rusks were a big hit once he was starting to get food too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Teething bibs with the silicone at the bottom! DD didn't love cold things but always needed to have something in her mouth- and THE DROOL!! 
    Munchie mitt was her bff- we had like 5!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • DD didn’t like anything cold. Munch mitt worked a bit, she loved the banana toothbrush tether and any basic teething toys. The only thing that really worked on bad nights was Motrin and Camilia drops.
  • I registered for two kinds of teething necklaces- the amber one for baby & a silicone one that mama wears. Anyone ever use either of those for their little one?
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited January 2020
    @phinzlabyrinth I used a silicone one some.  It worked well for DS when we were out in public. If you have long hair, I recommend not getting one that has the silicone beads all around, it got stuck in my hair a few times. I think they sell them will just a silicone charm that baby can chew on, too. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @doraleigh35 DD2 LOVED that banana toothbrush! I had like 3 of them because she’d always lose them but wanted it constantly 
  • My first two got all their teeth fast, all in including 2 year molars by 18-ish months. DS got all six front top at the same time 😬

we stuck to Motrin for relief, especially at night. We used the teething biscuits (plum organic I believe) once we introduced solids, infantino teethers and both were paci users. Considering how many came in at once and how fast, they handled teething well. 

we stay away from creams/gels as well as amber necklaces due to the dangers. Neither show any benefits and the risk of injury/death is scary as hell. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @mercury94 thanks for the pro-tip! hair is long. lol
  • Sooooooo do we look down upon whiskey on the gums now? 😂
  • @literatureandink My mom literally suggested that last week for my 2 year old who is getting his molars. Major eyeroll. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Did she really??? lollllllll