September 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL 1/6

Figured I would get this up and running!

How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you’d like.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other?

Re: PGAL 1/6

• Options
    How far along are you?
    Unsure, due to nursing (I think) I still hadn’t had a cycle since having our last baby in 2018. Hoping we know more after our viability scan next week. Positive test New Years Day. 

We got pregnant and delivered our first two kids without issue. Decided to try for a 3rd and ended up having 3 miscarriages back to back. They ran a slew of tests on both my husband and I and couldn’t pinpoint a specific issue. We did start progesterone at ovulation and ended up carrying that pregnancy to term. We will never know if that did the trick or if it was because I stopped nursing our second. I’m looking ahead extremely cautiously this go around as my doctor didn’t want to start progesterone :( and I’m still nursing our third... 

Exhausted, bloated, some nausea, lots of pee breaks all night. Emotionally it’s touch and go. Some days seem ok and other days I find myself spiraling with what ifs. I’m not sure how I would make it through another loss. The others took such a toll on me and changed me as a person completely. Trying to stay positive. 

End of next week for viability/dating scan. Not sure what, if anything, we will see...

High school sweethearts 14 years ago!  <3
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    4.5 weeks according to LMP

We lost 2 pregnancies prior to DS, one MMC and 6.5 weeks and one NMC at 5 weeks. We took a break for almost 3 years during which time I got an IUD. I got pregnant with DS the first cycle after I got it out and we thought he would be the only one. We changed our minds after he came and got pregnant in August. We lost that pregnancy in October at 8.5 weeks and decided to pursue testing where we found out that I have a genetic anomaly, which we're still learning about but is likely the cause of the losses.
    We are doing aspirin, lovenox, and progesterone anyways, just in case

I'm nervous, obviously, but I feel more like I felt with DS so I'm feeling hopeful too.

I just made one with the high risk doctor for the 31st and I'll have to call and make one at the clinic for my viability scan on Monday

We met online 14 years ago
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    5 weeks, 6 days

3 years ago we had a surprise pregnancy, but unfortunately had a MC in August at 6 weeks. We struggled trying to conceive until last year where we had another MC in February 2019. We decided to take a break and only just decided to start trying again and well... Here we are.

Exhausted, nauseated, and extremely emotional. I cry at everything. I'm also trying not to worry about every little twitch, or if my nausea isn't as bad one day. Every day for me is a new milestone and I'm just happy that I have a supportive family that all have their fingers crossed. (There I go doing it again. Tearing up at my own post.)

Still struggling to find a family doctor as we just moved to a new province. Going to a walk in clinic tomorrow to at least get blood work and referrals started. 

We were neighbours. Our parents are really good friends and us and our siblings all grew up together.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 3 d based on LMP

Share your PGAL story if you’d like. my husband and I started trying in Feb 2016.  At the end of April I had super intense symptoms and knew I was pregnant. Three days later I started bleeding and by the time I went to the doctor I was no longer pregnant.  6 months later I got pregnant again and again had early bleeding but those time everything looked good. I had horrible morning sickness and no indication anything was wrong. At my 12 week ultra sound there was no heartbeat and growth had stopped a few days before.  I had to have a D&C  but thankfully my period returned a month later and we started trying again.  My sweet rainbow came in October of 2017.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Emotionally I'm kind of a wreck.  I'm excited but have those feeling it will just be snatched away from me.  Trying to just say today I'm pregnant and be ok.  Physically I’m feeling bloated and queasy. I’m expecting the nausea to kick in with a vengeance just in time for my classes to start back up. 

Any upcoming appointments? Not yet. I'll call tomorrow.  Not sure it's quite real yet. 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? Online 7 years ago. I tried to ghost him after the first date but he persisted so I gave him another chance lol
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv The what if’s are tough.  I’m with you on trying to stay positive. It’s helpful to have people to lean on that get it. I’m glad you got this started. I participated in this thread most in my last BMB.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 4d based on LMP

Got pregnant with DS on our first try, super easy pregnancy, got pregnant with DD1 9 months after DS was born (again, super easy). Had a MC in May16 (after 8 months of TRYING) then got pregnant with DD2 5 months later. Had a MC last April and another in August, so I’m pretty nervous this time around. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Symptoms, I’ve got a great rack (but don’t touch them!) and I’ve been waking to pee at night already. Mentally/emotionally, I’m stressed out. I want to be excited for our last baby, but at the same time I don’t want to get attached to something that’s just gonna disappear again... I HATE feeling this way - trying to be emotionally detached to protect myself, but then afraid I’m missing out on the good stuff ☹️

I haven’t even called my OB to let him know I’m pregnant, cause I don’t want to be let down... I figure I’ll call next Friday (if I’m still pregnant)

We met in a college math class. I was studying to be a kindergarten teacher and he a high school math teacher... we both teach high school math now!
  • Options
    Anyone else get super anxious when you go to the bathroom and examine the TP closely after wiping?
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I check the TP every time! It's horrible that I'm so nervous about it!

How far along are you?
    4 week + 6 days today

Our first pregnancy ended in a very early MC in November of 2014. After our first MC I was put on progesterone suppositories for the 1st 12 weeks for both of my prior pregnancies. We found out we were pregnant with our DS in late March of 2015 and he was born in December 2015 a week early due to hypertension (early preeclampsia). 8 months later in August of 2016 we found out we were pregnant with DD and she was born April 2017 about 3 weeks early due to preeclampsia. Luckily my symptoms didn't get too extreme with preeclampsia. The doctors monitored me weekly although I was not expecting to be induced at 37 weeks with DD. I went for blood work on January 3rd after I got my BFP on January 2nd. All my numbers look great and I will not need the progesterone suppository this pregnancy. I'm praying the preeclampsia doesn't return for this pregnancy!

Symptoms: horrible bloat, fatigue past 3 pm, a little cramping, night sweats, and some food aversions. Although I'm happy I can still find things that seem appetizing! Mentally/emotionally: I'm feeling pretty good although I cry at everything good and bad lol.

Yes, I had my bloodwork done on January 3rd and my first appointment is January 21st!

I've known him for such a long time. He is my cousin's best friend. I ended a bad relationship in 2010 and a year later he asked me out. I dodged him a few times time then finally agreed. We've been together every day since our first date and have been married just celebrated our 6th anniversary this past December.

This is a great thread <3
  • Options
    @mflowers yes! I check the tp every single time.  😞 Pgal is tough. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 Every single time... I'm always checking the tp afterwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @mflowers929 Yep. Back to flicking the light on every time I go at night.. 

edit: light, not night.  :#
  • Options
    The unknown of cramping will forever drive me mad. Ughhh. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv same! Are you having a lot? I had quite a bit in the beginning. That is actually one thing that tipped me off that I should test.  It's callmed down but I had Some yesterday and every time I went to the bathroom I was nervous.  
  • Options
    @angbaby83 It hasn’t been very frequent, I’d say I’ve noticed it 2-3x I’ve noticed it now. Last night it started just before bed, so I’m hoping it was just from being busy all day. Ugh. Usually my doctors run my betas, but for whatever reason this go around they say it’s unnecessary. Not sure if it’s because my last pregnancy was successful? But they must’ve forgotten about the 3 prior to that.  :(
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I just intro’d in the main thread, so sorry for blowing up the BMB ;)

How far along are you? 4w1d

MH and I had a rocky start with TTC after some miscommunications with my OB about carrier screening. Once we started we conceived within a few months, but lost that pregnancy at 4w4d. OB said we could start trying immediately because it was a CP, and we got pregnant the following month. I was much more nervous this time, and MH was out of town. I didn’t tell him for a few days, but eventually caved and told him. Lost that one a few days later at 5w. I asked for a REI referral at that point but we didn't stop trying. He said he didn’t recommend any testing or anything at the time since my losses were so early, so we just kept trying. 

No real symptoms, which makes me nervous (although I thought I had plenty of symptoms with my last two losses so maybe something different is better?) I’m a total wreck emotionally. Very nervous. Worried about exposures at work, stuff in my food, BPA... pretty much just a wreck. 

Any upcoming appointments? Beta and progesterone on Monday. 

We actually knew each other as kids, but were reintroduced as adults by mutual friends!

ETA: spelling, grammar, typo
  • Options
    After my last loss we had genetic testing done and found out that I have some chromosomal abnormalities. I had my appointment with the local geneticist last week and mentioned that I thought I was pregnant. Called back to let them know and the doctor here doesn't deal with prenatal genetics (which I guess is a specialty) so I have to be referred to a hospital 2 hours away.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient welcome! Fingers crossed for your beta on Monday.  I have symptoms and they aren’t super strong like in the past so I hear you on being nervous.   Do you have any fun plans this weekend to keep you distracted? I’m trying to stay Busy so I don’t obsess. I have been having cramping so much today and it’s freaking me out. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 - yep. i check every single time! glad to know i'm not the only one. 
  • Options
    @angbaby83 I have a few things planned, a quick day trip to a nearby city, but I’m going to try to plan some more to keep me distracted!

For all you TP checkers who have LOs, have you had anything with your successful pregnancies? I had a physically active day today and I just noticed some very lightly brown tinged discharge on the TP...and I’m freaking out. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient yeah, I had some light spotting in the beginning and also a single episode of bright red bleeding at about 10 weeks. DS was super active from the get go and was using the placenta as a trampoline lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 thank you so much!I hate being so much of an anxiety ball/downer, I've just been burned so badly by getting excited early. I'm super bummed I couldn't arrange for a beta tomorrow at 48h :(
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient I tooootally get it. It's like you want to be happy and excited, but you're waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    For us, the only person outside of our (somewhat extensive) medical team who knows is my best friend. We're not even telling our families until closer to the end of first tri because we don't want them to get excited
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient tp checker here and I spotted with my son for the first tri, he’s an awesome 6 year old now, so there’s that...

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks

I had one loss, a son, IF / 2 losses / conceived on IUI#4 right before we were to start IVF

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Trying to stay calm, because statistically I don’t get to keep babies, but my betas were 199 and 448. I have an US at the RE in a little over a week. Being on progesterone helps a bit, but also contributes to the fatigue.

Any upcoming appointments? 1/20

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? Playing coed sports 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I have to call tomorrow to set up an appointment for my first ultrasound, and all of the sudden I'm anxious about it. 2 of my losses were missed miscarriage so I can't even really rely on my symptoms to know that things are still progressing 😞
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options

How far along are you?

4 weeks 6 days

We got married at the end of October 2016 and found out we were pregnant in December and told everyone at Christmas because we were so excited. The day before my first doctor’s appointment (1.12) I started bleeding learned that we had a MMC. A week later I had to have a D&C.

Only a little over a month later we found out we were expecting our rainbow baby. My pregnancy involved many scares both a partial placental previa and a subchorionic hematoma caused a lot of random bleeding (at one point for almost a week straight) but it was so worth the scary stuff when we took home our sweet boy in November.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My symptoms were pretty mild until today when the nausea is pretty oppressive. Mostly I’m just anxious to see the doctor. 

Any upcoming appointments? February 5th which feels pretty far out.

I was working in a bookstore with his sister so now not only is this amazing man my husband but my bestie became my sister

• Options
     @mflowers929 same. The anxiety for my first ultra sound is high for the same reason.  I an just trying to distract myself so I don’t have time to think about it. 

@beaandthebabes my appointment is February 3rd and I agree it seems so far away.  Hopefully it goes by quick for both of us. 
  • Options
    I have my fingers crossed right now. Friday I noticed some pink as I was wiping, it stopped after about 45 minutes. Now it's starting again, with more red than pink. My fears and anxieties are really getting to me right now and I'll be stuck going through another walk in clinic tomorrow. 
  • Options
    positive vibes your way @yoshi882 I’ll be thinking of you! I know how nerve wracking this is! 
  • Options
    @yoshi882 - I’ll be thinking of you for sure! FX it’s nothing and stops soon!
  • Options
    @yoshi882 I’m so sorry, that is always the worst and most stressful. I hope it stops soon. And I hope you can find a doctor soon so you have someone to call because I know going to the walk in clinic can’t be fun :(

AFM: I got my second beta drawn this morning. I was super nervous because I’ve had brown spotting intermittently but at least once a day since my BFP. My doctor hasn’t called but my HCG went from 65 to 444 in 4 days, which I think is good because if it just doubled every 48h it would only have to be 260 today. My RE didn’t order progesterone which felt sort of weird with the spotting and my sort of low value 4 days ago of 16.7, but I guess I’m just going to have faith that he has a reason (and wait anxiously for him to call). 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone,

I'm really hoping to have a doctor soon. I just relaxed all night and this morning woke up with the worst nausea I've had since Christmas (which I'm taking as a good sign) and the spotting seems to have stopped for now. I hate that my fears have been controlling me, but I'm hoping that I may have just overworked myself as we're packing and preparing to move.

I hope everything goes well for everyone. Sending positive vibes and happy thoughts to each and every one of you.
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient my RE wants it to be at least 11, so I hope that helps you feel better. It’s hard when you hear people have higher numbers, but the beta number is good.
    @yoshi882 Hope it turns out okay. Try to breathe!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    ***lurking*** 

@NYTino24 So happy you had a good second beta. I’m always rooting for you! Good luck on the 20th 💗
  • Options
    @NYTino24 thank you, it does make me feel a little better! I've got an ultrasound on 1/21, so that's the next check point, but I think I'll be pretty nervous waiting for it. 
  • Options
    I had a bit of pink spotting today after happy fun time, which made me a bit nervous, but it seems to have passed so I'm going to say it was just minor cervical irritation
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mandamomof3 I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart hurts for you. I hope this is your rainbow. 

I did not do CVS, but I did to the MaterniT21. I’m sure with your experience CVS is probably more ideal. Lots of positive vibes headed your way! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks tomorrow

2 years ago we conceived DS easily on our first time trying. I had brown spotting around 7 weeks that was the result of a cervical polyp that was removed. After that, my pregnancy was easy, and he was delivered as 41w1d through induction. I BF and then EPed DS, and after 8 months postpartum my period returned in July. My cycles were very long and weird. So, We waited until September to really start trying. In November I concieved and got a BFP at 9DPO. Right before my 1st prenatal appointment at almost 5 weeks I started bleeding and cramping. It was deemed a CP. The doctor told that we didn't have to wait to try again. We did, and here we are. 

Initially, I had little to no symptoms which of course scared me- just very thirsty and a metallic taste in my mouth. So, I was that girl POAS everyday for the first 2 weeks. Now I have nausea throughout the day and some twinges/cramps and am very tired. The bloat is real this time around ( I look 3mo pregnant), and I know I'm going to be showing early. I'm doing better than I thought would being PGAL, but I did have a couple days where I didn't feel nauseous until way later in the day, and it definitely gave me anxiety and I POAS a bunch. Also, all the CM makes me scared that it might be bleeding, and I check for bleeding everytime I have to pee. I just keep telling myself to each day.

Thankfully, my first appointment is this Friday 1/17

We met online almost 6 years ago in NYC.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? Most likely 3 weeks and a few days 

I had a miscarriage with pregnancy #3. I started bleeding at 12 weeks and went to the ER and was told baby didn’t have a heartbeat and had stopped growing at 8 weeks. I miscarried naturally and thankfully didn’t need a DNC. We had had an ultrasound done at six week and had seen the heartbeat and announced to everyone, and had even told our girls. Having to tell them about the miscarriage was heartbreaking. 

I’m still in the surprised phase of this pregnancy, just got my BFP. I’m hoping since we have had our rainbow baby, (DS is 9 months) that my anxiety will be less this time. With him I spent the first 12 weeks in a depressed state convinced I was going to miscarry again. It wasn’t good. 

But my entire pregnancy with DS had so many issues. I may just spend the entire pregnancy on edge now. Sigh. I think it’s going to be a long nine months! Hoping for an uneventful 9 months like my first two pregnancies. 

Any upcoming appointments? No. My current OB doesn’t typically see you till 9+ weeks possibly even closer to 12 weeks depending on how busy they are. 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We meet through friends and we clicked immediately. We have been together 18 years! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020