April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/6

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/6

• back to school today after holiday break. can I please find a way to work from home forever?
  • I'm back to work today after THREE beautiful weeks off (minus insomnia but hey, at least I wasn't at work) and it's just as dumb as I thought it would be. No amount of Starbucks is helping. I'm trying to be all Hooray Let's Go 2020! but I'm more like Hey I Just Wanna Go Back to Bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Started my work day by being called into a 3-hour meeting that I wasn’t aware of or prepared for. Fun stuff. I’d like a nap break now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 that should be illegal.
  • My 2yr old keeps asking to see my belly button, then pokes it and laughs. It's starting to hurt my self esteem, lol. Also it's very hard to get to under all these maternity layers.
  • @babybison must be a toddler thing, because DD asks me daily if I still have a belly button.
  • You guys I burned my bump! DH had just made dinner, I went to serve myself some salmon from the cast iron while just in jammy pants and a sports bra,  and I didn't realize the handle was sticking out. It had just been under the broiler and caught me right on my bare bump next to my bellybutton! Ugh  :s
  • Oh no @korthouse that sounds so painful!! Make sure to put some petroleum jelly or aloe on it after cleaning and then cover with gauze so there’s no infection!! 
  • @literatureandink I iced it right away to stop the burn and it's now cleaned, polysporined and bandaged. Sadly these do nothing to heal my ego  :D
  • Awww @korthouse I have many ego injuring baking burns in my past!
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited January 2020
    @korthouse I’m sure we’ve all been there with the burns. I burned my arm pretty badly on the handle of a pan like that a few years ago. I’m so sorry yours was on the bump. I’m sure that’s particularly unpleasant. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited January 2020
    @korthouse those cast irons can be sneaky! DH was cleaning ours right away after cooking and for a second touched the handle and had a small burn on his hand. With my bump I accidentally started the dryer at my mom’s (push start button on the front) a couple months ago.  Last week I was reaching into the cupboard above the stove and my belly turned the gas on for one of the burners. (Realized it immediately and turned off.) Our bumps have a mind of their own these days!
  • @korthouse I burned by bump w DD2 right before delivery.  I was doing some hardcore nesting and was boiling bottles and nipples to sanitize them.  I made the genius decision to push them around with a spoon and water came shooting out of one of the openings and landed right on the waist band of my full panel leggings and I couldn't pull them down fast enough.  I had a doctors appointment a couple of days later and on top of the embarrassment of explaining what I had done I had to answer a bunch of abusive partner questions to make sure it wasn't my DH  :s    
  • @KFrob The abusive partner questions aren’t fun. My OB’s office has asked them in front of DH. It’s super awkward. Like, wouldn’t I lie if he’s right there? Plus, the first question was, “Have you ever been in an abusive relationship?” I have, but that was before DH. The nurse gave him such a dirty look when I said, “Yes.” I had to immediately clarify that I was not talking about the current partner that was sitting right there. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @korthouse Ouch! I'm sorry that happened. I'm actually surprised I haven't burned myself or my bump yet this pregnancy. I did break a champagne glass, but I can't blame that on my bump, only my increased clumsiness. :P 

I did find out today that I have managed to get a UTI this pregnancy. I've never had one before, but I had some right side pain this morning, cloudy urine, and then my trips to the bathroom increased significantly, so I called to ask about it. Ran over to OB's office on my lunch break to give a urine sample, and their initial analysis says my leukocytes are high which they said usually means a UTI so I'll start a week-long antibiotic regime tonight. My daughter finds it funny to kick the right side of my body today which aches so that's been "fun." 
  • @mercury94 I get why they ask but its so awkward!!  
  • @mercury94 I can’t believe they ask in front of your partner! Obviously no one is going to say they feel unsafe even if they do! My OB office leaves anyone who comes to the appointment in the waiting room until after they have done your vitals and asked these questions. They even did this when my mom was visiting. 
  • @mercury94 ahhhh the abusive partners questions! With DD1, the admitting nurse blew a vein in my arm trying to insert my IV so I had this MASSIVE bruise that lasted for almost a month on my forearm. Every doctor I went to asked if I felt safe at home and I had to explain that, no, my husband is wonderful. Your staff is just trash with IV insertion.
  • Kathryn0903Kathryn0903 member
    edited January 2020
    Just a heads up for those of you with a motherhood maternity store nearby, all stores are closing. My store has everything on sale currently. I was told they think they're closing my local store in March. Good time to get any last minute needs!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 whaaaaaaat??? All stores are closing??? Are they only going to be available online now?
  • @Kathryn0903 It's a bummer too, because that's my only place around where I can try on things in the store! I wonder if they'll keep their mini stores open like the ones in BBB and Macy's?
  • @literatureandink yeah, I guess so.
    @babybison right! I want to be able to try on the clothes first!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My MIL gave me heads up about our store closing and when I popped in to check it out it was still only 20% off! I can get stuff cheaper in sale online!  I’ll probably give it a few weeks and see how much more they mark mark stuff down.  Since this is our last I don’t want to go too crazy. 
  • My Mom went to the store near her last week and said they were at 40%, so maybe it depends on location. She got me a bunch of nursing tanks and loungewear for postpartum.
  • Pier 1 does that too! "Store Closing! Everything on sale!" 10% 🙄. 10!
  • babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited January 2020
    So bummed! I just ordered from Motherhood Maternity and I got one pair of pants, but the second pair didn’t come with it. I got an email today saying the order of the other pair of pants  was cancelled due to no inventory. ☹️ 

I need more maternity work pants and old navy never has any sizes left and this was my other go to!
  • Gap has an extra 50% off their marked down items right now if anyone needs more maternity clothes!
  • Anyone have advice on what to wear to a semi formal wedding? It's in Carmel/Monterey, CA at the end of Feb. It seems fancy at the Carmel missions for ceremony and downtown Monterey on the water for the reception. 

I'm really not very fashion forward and generally attend casual outdoor weddings in the Pacific Northwest where anything goes, so I'm at a complete loss. 

Do I just go with a little black dress? Are long floral wrap dresses appropriate? Also not trying to spend a fortune since it will only be worn once. 

My husband is one of the groomsmen and will be renting a light grey suit.
  • @kfs2016 I like to use Rent the Runway for event dresses. Especially one you only wear once. You can put in maternity as a filter and see if there's anything you like. I have no fashion advice though. I feel like you can never go wrong with navy. It looks good no matter what the dress code.
  • @kfs2016 agree with @babybison rent the runway has great formal options for way better than buying $.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!