August 2020 Moms

January Symptoms

Re: January Symptoms

• I fully drafted an email template addressed to Mr and Mrs so and so, with one client in mind, but sent it to another client who came in alone and does not have a follow up appointment at that time. 🤦 This is what I get for trying to come back at the end of the day and finish up emails. #totallyconfused and of course by the time I realised it was too late to un-send 🤷 my boss said when in doubt, just to blame it in "the system," lol love her! 😂
  • @BusinessWife Ugh, I feel ya... I've totally had some moments at work too... but I love your boss!!   :D 
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha I blame stuff on the system a lot @BusinessWife. I messed up a rating scale today and sent one for someone to fill out but don't have the rights to score it. I was like oops looks like a corupt file. Lol
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • @BusinessWife 😂 I hope so! At least it would make it worth it. 
  • @BusinessWife totally!  
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • I haven't been super active because we haven't had an ultrasound yet but I have been creeping and just needed to come on here and say.. my boobs seem to keep getting more sore by the day. I'm 9 weeks and can still barely roll over in bed!
  • @BusinessWife I sure hope so. Lightning crotch hit me last night while out on a date with DH. That was fun to explain why I was almost crying while walking. 
  • @wildrainbow I have never heard of lightning crotch but this happened to me the other day and I was so concerned! Whew, I am relieved. 
  • Add me to the vivid crazy dreams list. At this point sleeping is better than Netflix, Cable, Hulu, and Youtube combined.  I've already had a couple of really saucy ones, but mostly it's just weird stuff. I've started to write some of the more hilarious ones in the journal I am keeping with my symptoms and blood pressures. I'm still nauseous a lot.. but I'm also trying to heal a ruptured ear drum so it's now getting to the point where sometimes I'm not sure if it's my ear or the pregnancy making my stomach turn. Either way I'm ready to move on from it.

Also, I love chicken.. or well, loved... I can't stand it right now. Beef and pork go down just fine.. but even thinking too much about chicken is a recipe for me to start gagging.  I'm almost 11 weeks deep guys, I thought the aversions would be gone by now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been asking for a sign that the baby is okay.... Do you think lightening crotch counts????? 😀😀😀
    OMG this hit me in the middle of a lesson to my kindergarteners about 2 weeks ago. SO MUCH EARLIER THAN LAST PREGNANCY and so very unexpected. The look of confusion and concern on their faces was priceless when I just picked right up afterwards 😂😂😂
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • jwhite3116jwhite3116 member
    edited January 2020
    I was sitting up earlier and noticed a bulge above my belly button. I googled and it came up as diastasis recti. I was in pretty decent shape before this pregnancy. Not abs of steal or anything but this is my third pregnancy and both boys were 8.5+ pounds so I figured I'd be a little "stretchier" this time. I'm 11 weeks today. It sort of freaked me out. Anyone have experience with this?

I am going to ask my doc about it on the 6th.
  • Anyone else dealing with super sensitive skin? My skin always gets dry in the winter, but the past couple of days I haven’t been able to stand the feeling of anything remotely scratchy (like a wool blanket or my jacket). I was wearing a wool sweater the other day and ended up making my chest all red from scratching it. 

I didn’t put it together that it might be due to my pregnancy until last night. 
  • gomillisgomillis member
    edited January 2020
    @jwhite3116 I had diastasis recti with DS. I tried this exercise method called the Dia method to address the issue postpartum and it was really effective. I heard about it in this NPR article: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/08/07/541204499/flattening-the-mummy-tummy-with-1-exercise-10-minutes-a-day

i just re-read it, and it said you can do the exercises while pregnant too. It has a lot of really good info about DR too. 

You have to buy a subscription to the Dia method to get the specific instructions, but I just bought it for a month and cancelled once I figured out how to do them on my own. It was like $15-20. 

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve heard that DR actually more common if you have stronger abs to begin with. 
  • @gomillis omg so itchy!  But luckily it's mostly my back, arms, legs, so nothing I'm worried about or a little extra lotion hasn't been able to fix.  But hormones for sure can cause skin sensitivity!
  • @BusinessWife Do you have a body lotion that you love? 
  • Crazy dreams. Last night I was involved in an elaborate triple murder coverup and I distinctly remember the events were transpiring on the 4th of July. 

Its stressful running from the law like that in your dreams! 
  • jwhite3116jwhite3116 member
    edited January 2020
    @gomillis thank you for the recommendation! I watched her video and I have two fingers of separation towards the top of my abdominals but only 1 finger closer to my belly button and below. And actually it does make me feel better about the stronger abdominals being more prone ;) she has a whole preparation pregnancy work out in definitely going to check out.

@BusinessWife and @gomillis I've been super itchy as well but switched to an aloe based intense body butter. The first ingredient is aloe vera and then it contains a slew of all natural oils and is fragrance and dye free. It's called L'Bri Intense Body Butter. You either put it on after the shower when your skin is still damp or you apply it with damp finger tips. Since it's aloe based it draws the water into your skin. It's amazing. I'm not sure if this is allowed but I have a referral link for their products and they offer a 45 day money back guarantee on their stuff. The link is L'Bri.com/jwhite I probably have a coupon code or something somewhere too. 

I'm an all natural product junkie so I'm sort of obsessed with their stuff. 
  • @gomillis I've had a bit of sensitivity. Last time I got a lot of red rashes over the pregnancy that would just appear out of nowhere. I found the la roche posay serozinc spray was good at bringing down the irratation but I did already have a can. It's just water with zinc thats it.

I've had supper dry hands both times and last time I went to New York on holiday and ended up getting some Eucerin hand cream with colloidal oatmeal, which was amazing but unfortunatly they don't sell that veriety in the UK. That was great when my hands were so dry that they would be sore.
  • No but my skin hasn't been so bad acne wise since I was a teen and anything anyone recommends to help it I can't use cause of the ingredients!! Got some pure tea tree oil to try this week.

For dry skin try bio oil! Good for stretch marks too...
  • @meagangrhm have a look at the La Roche Posay Serozinc, it's just water and zinc or The Ordinary Niacinamide and Zinc. They are both quite simple formulas and are very calming.
  • I think the jury is still out on whether tea tree oil is safe in the first trimester. I haven't done a ton of research though. I am having acne troubles too but I am just trying to lay off pretty much everything except washing my face with a mild facial soap. I am a tea tree fan, myself, and would recommend as long as you deem it safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Is anyone else taking Unisom + B6 for nausea? I just started and am still feeling rough. When did you start to feel better? 
  • @babytimeagain I tried it and the unisom made me too groggy in the morning so now I just do the B6. It helps a bit with the nausea I think (or maybe just placebo effect), but if you are full on vomiting it's not going to do much for that. 
  • So my symptoms are pregnancy related in that I found out when you get sick it escalates very very very quickly. Last week I got influenza despite having a flu shot, I almost ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration and ketosis. I went from feeling fine one minute to not being able to get out of bed an hour later and 24 hours later in severe condition. I went to urgent care and they told me since I'm pregnant I should have gone to ER, but they sent me home with Tamiflu, nausea meds, electrolyte and fluid replacements, and a told me to go to ER next day if I don't start urinating. If anyone is feeling sick like this please don't ignore it, getting sick while pregnant is no joke and it can take you down so quickly. I've never been so sick in my life! 
  • @older1sttime_mom2b Oh no!! I'm sorry that happened? How are you feeling now? 
    This is good to know because I had a stomache bug over the weekend and didn't know how cautious I should be 
  • Does anyone know if its ok to take your prenatal at night or after dinner? I find im only nauseous the days I take it in the morning but wonder if taking it at night is less effective?
  • @jwhite3116 I just noticed the same thing yesterday! My belly button is trying to be an outie already and there is another bulge just above it. 

@meagang123 I've always heard it suggested to take them whenever you want. I don't believe it makes a difference! 
  • @meagang123 I think you can take them whenever works best for you.  Before getting pregnant I took all vitamins after dinner as I heard it's less likely you'll just pee out everything and it gives your body more time to absorb.  I don't know if this holds any weight though lol... My prenatals are twice a day so I take them after breakfast and after dinner.  Whenever you can stomach them should be fine.  Are you taking any probiotics?  They may help with the nausea as well.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • I'm not! I honestly haven't felt sick at all really unless I take the prenatal first thing so as long as I don't do that I've been really lucky.
  • Ugh this is not the most glamorous symptom but is anybody else dealing with diarrhea? I’ve been either regular or constipated up to now but for the last 2 days I’ve been dealing with the opposite problem :disappointed: I’m not sure if it’s a pregnancy thing or a stomach bug. I’ve also been constantly nauseous since 6 weeks but for the first time today I actually threw up my lunch. 
    @riatortillaxo Does this sound like the stomach bug you had? I don’t have a fever or anything...
  • @wife-and-mommy I've been doing the Every Mother program for about a week and I can tell a difference already. @gomillisb recommended it to me and I really like it. It's a little expensive but worth it to try and prevent it from getting worse.

@meagang123 I take my prenatal after dinner and it really helps with any nausea from it.
  • @laur84ns No. Mine was all vomiting... But I do think diarrhea is common during pregnancy (don't quote me though). Do you think you are dehydrated at all? Still urinating fairly often? 
  • @riatortillaxo Hmm ok! Yes I’m still peeing often enough and trying hard to stay hydrated although drinking water does not help my nausea. In fact both times in the last 2.5 weeks that I’ve tried to drink a lot of water before an ultrasound, I’ve thrown up. I’ll keep an eye on it, hopefully it goes away soon!
  • I got really weak and clammy this morning. No fever it was really bizarre! Hoping Im not getting sick!
    Craft Blog
  • @samsonator I’ve been dealing with extreme insomnia too, and Unisom (safe to take) is really helping. 
  • @babytimeagain I second the unisom suggestion For the insomnia! It also really has helped with my nausea. 
  • @WishesSheCouldCook It could have been your blood pressure dropping. That has happened to me a couple of times. It is common in pregnancy, especially if you go from sitting to standing fast or visa versa