Baby Names

Baby Boy Name HELP PLEASE

Naming a baby is the hardest thing. We just found out we're having our third boy. Our oldest is Luke Adam (last name starts with M, two syllables). Our second oldest is Hudson Lane.  

These are names we've been considering: Tucker, Brody, Brooks, Rhett, Logan, Levi
These are the middle names we've considered and are not first names for other reasons: Reid, Hunter, Jameson

But I need HELP!!  I like Tucker A LOT, but I worrying about name association with rhyming sounds. I really like Brooks also, but it isn't overly popular with some of our family. 

Any advice would be appreciated, even if just reassurance that these names aren't totally off the mark.

Re: Baby Boy Name HELP PLEASE

• I think Brody goes very well with your other children!  I am not a fan of Brooks (reminds me of my running shoes), Tucker (sorry it just sounds juvenile) or Rhett (just not my style).  Levi would be my second choice. 

Brody Reid would be my choice. 

• Thanks you for your response. Brody was our first choice, but I always second guess myself. Also, not well received by other family members for being too BRO-ish.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Rhett and would have named a son that, but it doesn’t really go with any of your middle names.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Brody Reid
    Rhett Jameson
    Levi James
    Logan Reid
  • Levi and Logan are by far my favorite. 

I like Jameson as a middle only if you’re husband’s name is James since it means son of James.
  • I also like Levi and Logan. The others do feel too "bro" for me too.
  • Logan Reid. Sounds great with siblings and is a strong name choice for all of life stages. 
  • I have a Luke and a Levi, so my choice is Levi 🙂
  • I vote for Logan Reid or Levi Reid :) 

and I know what you mean with wanting to avoid certain rhymes with Tucker.. we do have to think of these things! FWIW I think Logan and Levi are pretty foolproof!
  • I would choose Brody, Brooks or Rhett with your other children’s names (don’t choose another L name— Let each kid have their own first initial— and Tucker sounds like a really great Golden Retriever to me!) My personal pick would be a Rhett Jameson. 
  • My favorites out of your options are Brooks and Levi. 
  • Im for Brody! we were just looking at boy names last night and we both liked this name as well. good luck in your name picking!
  • My votes would be for Levi, Rhett, and Logan. They're just more my style. That being said, kids will come up with anything to tease about so I wouldn't skip a name I love for that reason. I survived chastity belt jokes. Also, you and your SO are the only votes that matter in naming this child so I'd tune the others out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a teacher and had a student named Tucker in my class. Never thought of him having problems with rhymes. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Yes, kids/teens can be mean, but they find a way if they want to. Wouldn't discard the name on that basis. 
  • boy_mom3 said:
    Thanks you for your response. Brody was our first choice, but I always second guess myself. Also, not well received by other family members for being too BRO-ish.

I wouldn't  include ANY others opinions besides my husbands. Everyone will come to love and accept the name once you name the baby. 

• So personally I'm trying to avoid same first initials unless they all have the same initial so Logan and Levi are out for me and Rhett just isn't my jam. Tucker, Brooks, and Brody go well with your family and for me the best choice middle name for all three of those is Reid and it also goes with your two sons middle names. 
  • Miles Hunter
    Conrad Reid
    Conrad James
    Theodore Reid
    Maxwell Hunter
    Brady Jameson
    Rudy Jameson
  • I think Logan Reid is my favorite combo of yours and I like Luke, Hudson and Logan the most. In saying that, my husband loves Logan for our third boy and I’m struggling to fall in love with it 😬

I also like Rhett but don’t love it with any of your middle name options. I think I’d prefer something like Rhett Harris or Rhett Anders. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh, additionally, I’m personally not a fan of Tucker or Brooks. The only Tucker’s I know are dogs (sorry!) but I’d be less afraid of name rhyming association. Brooks to me seems very bro-ish, snooty. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Ticker Reid 😊
  • Logan Reid is my favorite. Continues the l trend and the three syllables total trend with your other boys.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020